10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    What gives me a sense of journey is raiding with my friends and helping them achieve goals while having fun times togeather. No amount of peacock preening in exclusive gear can measure up to that sense of journey. I actually have more respect for peacocks because at least they do what they do to get laid.
    But in high school my Corrupted Ashbringer got me so much teenage panty tang that and my friends called it the Corrupting Ass Bringer.

Don't pretend those pixels don't make the true ladies moist as fuck.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Let’s be honest about attunements at least, none of this B.S. that is being used to smoke and mirror the real reasons for the attunement.

It is not there to train you for raiding. Most of the activities involve dailies, doing dailies to get elder points, running content on a timer, slapping world bosses on the ass and doing solo quests, which may be more difficult that other games solo quests but still isn’t the same as a group organized raid.

It is however there to force exclusivity. Who is it excluding? The casuals? Hell no, the casuals don’t care about raiding or its attunement. Since you need veteran dungeon gear anyways even if the attunement did not exist they still wouldn’t get the veteran dungeon gear because they are too hard for a casual. It does however keep the casual raider out, people who love raiding and have mad respect for raiding content, these are the base of the raiding community, your mercs for hire, your fillers, you know the guilds the hardcore poach from? Saying attunements exclude casuals is like saying the lock on your house door keeps telephone poles from getting in your house.

It also serves as a content filler, artificial time sap. The longer it takes them to get 20+ people ready the longer our raid content will last.

Oh, and it makes people ‘feel’ special. Doesn’t actually make them special but they ‘feel’ special, much like giving any one in an office the title of ‘executive’ instead of a raise, because it makes them ‘feel’ special.

And no, we don’t dislike the attunement because we are not being included, we dislike it because it is horribly designed and a bad implimentated fake content that ultimately hurts the raiding community by far so much that hardcore 40 man raiders are begging for Wildstar to remove it.

I’m sorry if that strips your ‘feelings of journey’ but its just a feeling, not an actual journey.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    But in high school my Corrupted Ashbringer got me so much teenage panty tang that and my friends called it the Corrupting Ass Bringer.

Don't pretend those pixels don't make the true ladies moist as fuck.
    In the 90's the majority of online games were Muds and Mush's, text based games, no graphics. The majority of the interest in mush's were what was called TS. Tiny sex. You could text roleplay sex online with a character. 75% of the characters on Mush’s were women, and in the 90’s 90% of the users online were men. So if you are talking about those ladies getting moist over the ashbringer, then yes.... you would be completely correct.

Carbine's inability to fix bugs is really irritating. Was doing doing malgrave trail (one of the longer adventures) yesterday to get silver medal for the quest and at the end we couldn't finish it because a few of the npc's refused to get on the darn ship. Not sure why I bother since I'll prolly never do the raids lol. Still dungeons are my favorite part of any mmo and it sucks that Wildstars' dungeons aren't more rewarding.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the 90's the majority of online games were Muds and Mush's, text based games, no graphics. The majority of the interest in mush's were what was called TS. Tiny sex. You could text roleplay sex online with a character. 75% of the characters on Mush’s were women, and in the 90’s 90% of the users online were men. So if you are talking about those ladies getting moist over the ashbringer, then yes.... you would be completely correct.
    I was clearly talking about real people in a real high school.

That being said, it was obviously a joke. I mostly wanted an excuse to say Corrupted Ass Bringer and Teenage Panty Tang.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I think its more of trying to recreate past MMO feelings of everything being new and shiny and dangerous. Still thought of Sunwell and Black Temple to be the best immersed zones at the time. Holy shit was Sunwell difficult, trash even. Yeah I started playing WoW at 2007 with TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I was clearly talking about real people in a real high school.

That being said, it was obviously a joke. I mostly wanted an excuse to say Corrupted Ass Bringer and Teenage Panty Tang.
    I know it was a joke and I was adding to it. One thing I have learned from years of text based games is that there are no emotions in text based communication and any emotion you place there is entirely in your head. If you are reading anger or any other emotion in a post it is entirely created by ones own mind.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know it was a joke and I was adding to it. One thing I have learned from years of text based games is that there are no emotions in text based communication and any emotion you place there is entirely in your head. If you are reading anger or any other emotion in a post it is entirely created by ones own mind.
    But she winkied me. Winkied.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    It's pretty typical for an exclusive endgame design to have things overtuned at launch. I actually predicted this a long time ago already. It's not even a matter about the content not being ready, since the 40m raiddungeon was already beta tested by a few closed groups. They just intentionally broke something on the first boss in 40m... and I guess it'll take a week or two before they'll drop the fix in. Can't say I'm too bothered about it considering I still have plenty of gear to get from the 20m dungeon. We tried it a bit already but it became clear soon that the 1st boss was borked.

We're currently trying to get a 3rd raidgroup ready to roll through 20m while the other two 20m groups are farming it.
    Guild and server?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Exactly. "Exclusive", as it's being discussed here, is not a laudable trait for a product - especially a damn video game - to have.

Now if we meant "exclusive" as in, "You can all TRY it, but I bet only 10% of you can DO it." that would be fine. The problem with MMOs is that few things are actually that hard, and generally when people say "exclusive" they really mean, "Once *I* get in, lets close the door behind me."
    This, this exactly. If anyone can try it but only 10% can actually do it and you belong to that 10% then you deserve as many parades as you can dance out on a mailbox. But if your 'feeling of a journey' can only be accomplished by locking the door behind you then it's not really all that much of an achievement since the door is the artificial decider of who gets to show their skills.

It's like football, anyone can try out for the team and if you have the skills and drive you can push your way from school football team through college and to the pro's. The way the elitists would have it is that you had to be born to a rich father and have a corporate sponsor before you were allowed to join the football team in school so you could prove you had a right to be there, then once you got your Pro Jersey you go to a peewee football game and demand that all those kids take off those purple jerseys because they don't deserve purple jerseys because peewee football is too easy and them getting a peewee champ trophy makes the Pro 'feel' less special about their 10 million dollar pro player contract.

Exactly. "Exclusive", as it's being discussed here, is not a laudable trait for a product - especially a damn video game - to have.

Now if we meant "exclusive" as in, "You can all TRY it, but I bet only 10% of you can DO it." that would be fine. The problem with MMOs is that few things are actually that hard, and generally when people say "exclusive" they really mean, "Once *I* get in, lets close the door behind me."
    Or, "You can all TRY to access it, but only 10% of you are "fun-employed" and thus have the time to do the prerequisites".

That's no good.

Instead it should be "You can all TRY it, but only 10% of you will beat it".
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Exactly, you put that better than I could have. That is the good type of exclusivity. People can still stroke their e-peens with that model as well, if they care for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    Exactly, you put that better than I could have. That is the good type of exclusivity. People can still stroke their e-peens with that model as well, if they care for that.
    That certainly is a better design than making the first boss a loot pinata so that you can eventually gear through the boss, that and each boss should be the attunement for the next so you can't just join an end tier boss group and get carried to the rewards that prove you are elite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I really don't think hardcore has a place in today's market anymore. The "hardcore" players in mmo hVe grown up and have families/jobs.
    That doesn't make sense. New kids are born you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodylotion View Post
    One generation is busy playing CoD 20 hours a day. The next lower generation is playing Angry Birds and Candy Crush. The next lower are hopefully being forced to play outside. Generalization: most people who play MMOs have been playing MMOs for a long time. Logic: The longer MMOs exist, the more their player base ages. I'd wager the amount of people 'aging out' of the market is greater than the amount coming into it. If nothing, just because there are more things every year to do than play MMOs. Conclusion: The majority of people playing MMOs have been playing MMOs for a while and continue to get older every year.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Bodylotion View Post
    Dont confuse the young generation of the 2000’s with the young generation of today. Wow was in the right place at the right time. In the 90’s companies like AOL pushed the internet into the mainstream and it was readily taken up by a generation of young people who were either teenagers living at home or college students, people with a lot of free time and little real world responcibility, this was the generation that was targeted by game makers like Nintendo. These people became your BC raiders. MMO’s found a foothold in the gaming cuture at a time when console games did not have much of an online component. Other companies started to see the money wow made and thought it was like printing money and the market would soon flood with MMO’s. The gaming community did not expand exponentially with every game released. To succeed they had to bleed some of wows subs. Think of a party boat on a lake, the lake is the playerbase and the party boat is wow. Eventually the lake became covered in party boats but the lake didn’t get bigger.

Today almost any game on a console has an online component and wow has to compete with all of them because a player only has so much time to play in but infinite options in how to spend that time. There are FPS games, TPS games, facebook farm games, iphone app games, ect.

So while people are still being born not all of them are gamers and should they be gamers they are more likely to be playing minecraft than wildstar, or Titanfall. Eventually your young gamer either becomes a casual gamer, stops gaming all together or lives a life style where they can maintain their hardcore gaming style. (Doesnt work or has no family beyond parents and siblings or both).

Then you can get into the eugenics of the whole thing, Families of yesterday would have 2-4 kids on average and todays families have 1-2 kids. If 2 people produce 1 kid when the 2 die they leave behind less people, but if 2 people make 4 kids and the 2 die they leave behind more people. There is more to this than just people are still being made.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    One generation is busy playing CoD 20 hours a day. The next lower generation is playing Angry Birds and Candy Crush. The next lower are hopefully being forced to play outside. Generalization: most people who play MMOs have been playing MMOs for a long time. Logic: The longer MMOs exist, the more their player base ages. I'd wager the amount of people 'aging out' of the market is greater than the amount coming into it. If nothing, just because there are more things every year to do than play MMOs. Conclusion: The majority of people playing MMOs have been playing MMOs for a while and continue to get older every year.
    And lets not forget that no kid is going to buy a box with the original game +2 expansions and then 2 more expansions and the current expansion just to see if they like the game.

I started in Vanilla and my comp was shitty so I walked away and returned at the beginning of cata when I had a gaming rig. At that time I could not buy just the BC box set so I had to buy vanilla+BC box set, and wrath + Cata + a timecard and the entire package at that time cost me about $130 just to get my foot back in the door. During mop they added wrath to the box set and reduced the costs of all the box sets to make it more affordable but still kids these days can buy 1 modern game or several boxes just to play a decade old game. The young kids are going to opt for minecraft instead.

I need to buy more CREDD!!!! Bought like 4 more CREDD for no reason. Now I am at May 12, 2015!!! Almost an entire fucking year!!! I feel like playing wow again too!! And Guild Wars 2!!! Is anyone else feeling like this?? I miss my two favourite MMOS. I feel like buying CREDD, stop playing for a bit, and focus on guild wars 2 (new story!!)...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FattGuy View Post
    Is anyone else feeling like this
    Yep. The foundation of Wildstar is strong, but it doesn't have the right composition for me. I had no problems going where I wanted and know that I can come back in the future. It's partially the reason why buy every new MMO I'm slightly interested in. The worst thing that happens is I get a good month of playtime. The best is that the game goes F2P and because I bought it I get lots of shinies.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yep. The foundation of Wildstar is strong, but it doesn't have the right composition for me. I had no problems going where I wanted and know that I can come back in the future. It's partially the reason why buy every new MMO I'm slightly interested in. The worst thing that happens is I get a good month of playtime. The best is that the game goes F2P and because I bought it I get lots of shinies.
    Lopp only sell de best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Level 43 now. Honestly, It make me want to play WoW but I have no interest in coming back to WoW until WoD expansion comes out. I'm not sure why it makes me want to play WoW, but after a few hours of playing I come here and read some WoD news and get excited and realize we are still at the very least 2 months away from a WoW expansion. I honestly probably won't purchase another month past my free month in Wildstar but I haven't seen end game yet either so I don't know.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Lopp only sell de best
    They do, they do. Lopp have best price around.
    BAD WOLF