Quote Originally Posted by FattGuy View Post
    You guys need to watch what you're saying. Nostalgia or not, I don't think many can ignore that the majority of us nostalgia lovers still played a shit ton during our favourite times of the expansion. However, that being said; I still think World of Warcraft is possibly the best game I have ever played. There is always something to do in that game, but it needs to be said that the game has had a lot of content built upon it.

Now for Wildstar, its a bit weird. The raiding scene is a mess at the moment. As much as I would like to agree with Anarch, there is no doubt that the attunement has some requirements that don't make much sense. I also think many have trouble logging in... mainly because its UI and probably how when I tab out the music is still playing. As many have said, the game needs a huge UI overhaul in order for it to make it feel more intuitive. A shame since the combat, class, music, voice acting, story, asthetics, zones are all extremely well done.
    That's nice. It doesn't change that 40 man raids didn't really work back then and they certainly don't work today because then you could have 16 people out of 40 doing something and succeed but in wildstar you have to have 40 people who are not only attuned but all ace fighter pilots, not regular pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    That's nice. It doesn't change that 40 man raids didn't really work back then and they certainly don't work today because then you could have 16 people out of 40 doing something and succeed but in wildstar you have to have 40 people who are not only attuned but all ace fighter pilots, not regular pilots.
    Hmm not sure what Carbine has planned for us in the next few months. Especially when WoD arrives. Huge changes coming to that game.

If there is one thing that has to be said, I don't know what Carbine can do to make raiding feel different again. Adding attunements don't do much. I think some people were right. Buff the 5 mans, and remove attunements. Have the key have an imbuement that players must get silver in the 5 mans. Maybe that could work. Very simple, easy and fun.
    Last edited by FattGuy; 2014-07-26 at 12:09 AM.

Deleted
    Guess lots never played vanilla from the start, maybe the worse and bugged game i've ever played, they even gave us refunds in those days when they shut the servers down for 3 or more days at a time to try and fix things! LMAO they cry and demand a refund if the servers drop for 12 hrs on the wow forums now ( will never get one ) Happy to say wow got better and gave me years of fun! but time and tide waits for no one, old age is killing wow, they have run out of ideas.....they can't cut it!

Wildstar is not a wow killer, but it's better at this stage than wow ever was in it's first year! sure it's got problems that will get fixed over the next 12 months......like me after those 12 months many ex wow players will call it home

It's just sad that they make a game with awesome presentation and make it hardcore only. All that lore and stories and funny bits gone to waste.

This site is always such a chuckle.

I don't know who is funnier: the people who think that just because they no longer want to raid therefore no one wants to raid in an MMO anymore, the people who think people magically wake up at some untold age (probably in their 20's when they are still young as fuck) and suddenly decide they are too old for mmo's, or the people who think that them not liking Wildstar is simply some indicator of something that is wrong with them as a person.

Also, the game isn't that hardcore at all. With a 2-night a week schedule I find myself out of things to do by Thursday night. The game, like WoW, resets on Tuesdays. I'd say, if you're into doing everything in a game, WoW is way more hardcore simply because it has so much stuff to be done in it.

Wildstar has a currency you can cap in two nights, broken PvP, a long (not hard) attunement gate, and two raids. One of which pretty much nobody can get in to because of another (not hard) gate.

The game isn't "hardcore" by any stretch of the imagination. It is literally nothing I haven't seen before in other MMO's like WoW or Rift.
    Last edited by d0e1ow; 2014-07-26 at 01:58 AM.
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    It's just sad that they make a game with awesome presentation and make it hardcore only. All that lore and stories and funny bits gone to waste.
    None of the lore and stories and funny bits are in instanced content by design.
    Try again.

Deleted
    lol, now all the hardcore raiders, led directly by world first and top guilds, are complaining about attunement and organization, except while the end effect is the same (players becoming bored and leaving the game), the complaint is at a different stage, i.e. 20-man to 40-man transition:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...er-on-raiding/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/com...dstar_40_mans/

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    It's pretty typical for an exclusive endgame design to have things overtuned at launch. I actually predicted this a long time ago already. It's not even a matter about the content not being ready, since the 40m raiddungeon was already beta tested by a few closed groups. They just intentionally broke something on the first boss in 40m... and I guess it'll take a week or two before they'll drop the fix in. Can't say I'm too bothered about it considering I still have plenty of gear to get from the 20m dungeon. We tried it a bit already but it became clear soon that the 1st boss was borked.
    I'm not giving any input on the attunements here. However the fact that you're trying to defend them apparently making a raid boss impossible to beat really shows your bias.

Oh and to rub it in a little more, here's a thread you made before http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...citing-endgame

"If Blizzard doesn't manage to add an endgame to the next expansion which offers the same excitement and rewards as normal or heroic raiding, but for casual players, who just want to play when they feel like it, then this will be the expansion that will cause the entire ship to sink."

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...killed-Garrosh

"It's also pretty obvious how people are very much not interested in organized raiding or raidshedules and that many people stopped normal mode raiding the moment LFR was added to the game.

Perhaps Blizzard would be smart to recognize this and to start focussing on making LFR / queueable content more the main content and reward of the game than expecting people to commit to raidguilds and their shedules."

Meanwhile there are people in here agreeing with what you said there, but because they're saying it about Wildstar, you have to rush to it's defense. Also this isn't meant to bring up WoW, just to point out the double standard. Sorry mods if I screwed up.
    Last edited by Post; 2014-07-26 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I'm not giving any input on the attunements here. However the fact that you're trying to defend them apparently making a raid boss impossible to beat really shows your bias.

Oh and to rub it in a little more, here's a thread you made before http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...citing-endgame

"If Blizzard doesn't manage to add an endgame to the next expansion which offers the same excitement and rewards as normal or heroic raiding, but for casual players, who just want to play when they feel like it, then this will be the expansion that will cause the entire ship to sink."

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...killed-Garrosh

"It's also pretty obvious how people are very much not interested in organized raiding or raidshedules and that many people stopped normal mode raiding the moment LFR was added to the game.

Perhaps Blizzard would be smart to recognize this and to start focussing on making LFR / queueable content more the main content and reward of the game than expecting people to commit to raidguilds and their shedules."

Meanwhile there are people in here agreeing with what you said there, but because they're saying it about Wildstar, you have to rush to it's defense. Also this isn't meant to bring up WoW, just to point out the double standard. Sorry mods if I screwed up.
    Haha that is pretty funny to see especially if you go back to his recent posts in this very thread.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the rest of this thread and most of the last dozen pages, it's just the same 3-4 people constantly jerking eachother around repeating the same sentiment that they hope the game will fail because it isn't catered to their specific gaming needs, rather pathetic to be honest and I shouldn't even respond to such pettiness. At this point the thread should just be renamed to: 'Casuals hating on Wildstar', and people that enjoy the game shouldn't bother participating in it anymore.
    Yeah, those people with their pathetic opinions. Considering your post history you can't talk much about pettiness. It's possible to have other opinions. Their reasons are just as valid as yours. And outside of a few posters on post sides of the arguments most of the posters here have been pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    Yeah, those people with their pathetic opinions. Considering your post history you can't talk much about pettiness. It's possible to have other opinions. Their reasons are just as valid as yours. And outside of a few posters on post sides of the arguments most of the posters here have been pretty reasonable.
    But they aren't. There are just so many MMOs out there with a design that caters to mainly the casual audience. Just because all those other MMOs have done that doesn't mean Carbine should. There will always be a hardcore crowd that loves difficult and/or grindy games.

I don't know why people want this game to fail. Its a fantastic game. And yes, Anarch is correct. Tons of people posting here haven't started raiding or the attunement, nor have got far in the game. Some didn't buy the game at all and keep posting the exact same statements.

As another poster said, this game is fantastic but still needs a lot of cleaning up to do, which I think everyone here can agree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d0e1ow View Post
    This site is always such a chuckle.

I don't know who is funnier: the people who think that just because they no longer want to raid therefore no one wants to raid in an MMO anymore, the people who think people magically wake up at some untold age (probably in their 20's when they are still young as fuck) and suddenly decide they are too old for mmo's, or the people who think that them not liking Wildstar is simply some indicator of something that is wrong with them as a person.

Also, the game isn't that hardcore at all. With a 2-night a week schedule I find myself out of things to do by Thursday night. The game, like WoW, resets on Tuesdays. I'd say, if you're into doing everything in a game, WoW is way more hardcore simply because it has so much stuff to be done in it.

Wildstar has a currency you can cap in two nights, broken PvP, a long (not hard) attunement gate, and two raids. One of which pretty much nobody can get in to because of another (not hard) gate.

The game isn't "hardcore" by any stretch of the imagination. It is literally nothing I haven't seen before in other MMO's like WoW or Rift.
    I wouldn't even say the attunement is long. We've got some people lined up to go through it as soon as EG resets on Tuesday and we aim to be completely attuned on the same day.

But they aren't. There are just so many MMOs out there with a design that caters to mainly the casual audience. Just because all those other MMOs have done that doesn't mean Carbine should. There will always be a hardcore crowd that loves difficult and/or grindy games.
    It doesn't work when you criticize 1 game for being a certain way and saying if it doesn't change to what you want it'll fail, but then go on to defend another game when it's doing exactly what you said the first one would fail for just because you don't have an axe to grind. Basically "Wildstar is different!!!" doesn't work here.

It's not even about my opinion on what should be done, it's just taking note that the dude my post was referring to is extremely biased to the point of completely contradicting himself.

It doesn't work when you criticize 1 game for being a certain way and saying if it doesn't change to what you want it'll fail, but then go on to defend another game when it's doing exactly what you said the first one would fail for just because you don't have an axe to grind. Basically "Wildstar is different!!!" doesn't work here.

It's not even about my opinion on what should be done, it's just taking note that the dude my post was referring to is extremely biased to the point of completely contradicting himself.
    Well I don't know about Anarch but I play Guild Wars 2, Wildstar, and possibly WoW in a couple days since I got tons of time on sub for WS and Guild Wars 2 is far more casual then wow is ^_^.

Yeah, you put that much more eloquently than I could have.

As another poster said, this game is fantastic but still needs a lot of cleaning up to do, which I think everyone here can agree.
    I think this is what tires me out with every major MMO release since WoW. They make many of the same mistakes as early WoW and I've already been through that and don't want to do it again. Most of it is because of their abbreviated Beta schedules that force them to release before they're ready. Wildstar devs even said the release wouldn't have happened if it were up to them. They were forced by marketing and management to push forward (this was said at the end of closed beta, not sure if it's still available to be seen anywhere). The gear problems Wildstar is having is 100% from lack of testing that should've been done in beta, and many other issues could have been knocked out if they had a longer/better beta. Nameplates and quest tracker issues 2 months after release is simply unacceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably won't resub next month. While I still think Wildstar has the best combat out of all the MMOs I have played, I am not even logging in every day at the moment. I have nothing what I can do alone.

My group is currently working on the 5 man silver attunement step. We had finished Stormtalon's Lair, but our tank rerolled so we have to complete it again. But because of work my group has only time in the evening from ~7 PM - 9/10 PM. And that's only on days were all 5 have time.

I have no problem with the dungeons being hard, but eh, I can't even work on the attunement alone because they are so hard and it's basically impossible to get silver in a dungeon if you use the dungeon finder. And aside of the dungeons, the game offers me at the moment:

- 2 daily quest zones, which I can't stand anymore (and I only did the second one for 5 days)
    - PvP, which I am not interested in in the slightest
    - Housing, which is fun, but only for so long
    - Adventures and Dungeons, the first I have done more then enough and the latter being so hard that there is no reason to even try them if you want to continue the attunement

The game just needs more content you can do alone. I had more fun while leveling then now, which is just sad. D:

@Post: I said that because in my experience WoW is full with casuals, lots of casual RL friends play WoW and I see them dropping the game as time goes on because they want more challenge than what the game offers them, without having to commit to a raidshedule. Ironically enough this is something Wildstar does better, it does offer challenging content available to casual players in all sorts of forms from solo-quests to 5man dungeons, it doesn't try to shelter people from a video game environment that might try to kill them.

Oh, and I didn't say I 'approve' of it, but it's something that has been happening, for various reasons, in exclusive MMO designs for a long time now as a way of making the content last longer. It's rather predictable.

As for the rest of this thread and most of the last dozen pages, it's just the same 3-4 people constantly jerking eachother around repeating the same sentiment that they hope the game will fail because it isn't catered to their specific gaming needs, rather pathetic to be honest and I shouldn't even respond to such pettiness. At this point the thread should just be renamed to: 'Casuals hating on Wildstar', and people that enjoy the game shouldn't bother participating in it anymore.

So, hardcore guy, what's your guild and server, again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Hazak rules. Its like Stormscale

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    No he's not. Saying that you take more time to be raid ready in wow than in WS ? Really ? If you are honest you know it's total BS.

Making your characters ready isn't "gating" or "attunement". It's the core of any theme park MMO. It's just the natural progression.
    And that's what people ask : something natural. You finish your leveling and you gear for raiding until YOU find it good enough. No need for someone else to tell you "hey you have to do this, and this, and that. And please run. Or you won't be ready for raid". We know what's needed for raiding no "advice" needed or asked, thanks.

I've been raiding since close to the game launches, i got 50 before the first weekly reset and got my genesis key that first reset day. Don't tell me what i did or didn't do, mkay?
    I spend less time getting raid ready then i do generally in WoW, unlike WoW i don't -need- to do the dailies, i can and i may do them but it's not needed. Sure i can enter a raid in WoW faster and perhaps even kill something in greens but that says more about the state of WoW raid design where hey ho! you have to clear the normal modes first. In Wildstar there aren't any difficulty settings either all of your raid can perform and do it or you can't get a kill.

So what's wrong with wildstar asking of you that you get geared and get the skill set to enter a raid first? Nothing. It cuts out to part where people go "it's too hard!"
    How many complaints have there been that raids are too hard and need to be nerfed? exactly none. It shifts the problem of people needing to learn their class and game mechanics to the dungeons where it should be rather then raids, and yes what does timers have to do with it? Well considering the boss fights last a good 7+ minutes expecially the first times around i find adding in timers to make it so people learn to play consistently well over longer periods important.

There are very few steps that are considered time consuming in the attunement part and that was only the world boss bit and hey if you're one of the first you got zero competition on them so eve that step is completed quickly.

People going"omg the rep grind!" what rep grind? You mean that step you complete from doing adventures to get gear anyway you'll need later on? Do most of you guys even know what a grind is? A grind is doing repetitive content for a month where you have no fun or joy from it. That's a grind not having to do adventures for a day to max out on reputation.

Since when did the mmo community became so damn spoiled that everything needs to be readily available, community asks for harder small scale content, community gets challenging 5 mans, community blames game for part of that content to be unreasonable hard, first it was the boss difficulty then they got accustomed to that, now it's the timers, the time spend complaining about it all is rather silly as that time spend running it makes you learn and get it done.

Pugs on my realm are running silver dungeons now. So i don't know about you guys but it's something that can be done.

Older mmo's that required me to hit dungeons for a month or farm packs of mobs for a month to get leveled up, those had grinds, there isn't anything remotely grindy about the way WS presents it content, not until you get to the 300 PP part what most of us aren't on anyway.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    So well said mate.