Deleted
    Once again Wildstar is blamed for endgame and everyone starts discussing raids... Funny to read it, just check the official forums, people started leaving in about a week after release, actually i remember noticing first reports the next day! OFC that were the max-level hardcore raiders, who were burned out with the endgame.
    Seriously the game is broken on all stages, not endgame only, and if developers do not understand it - good luck in trying to please the raiders As far as i remember statistics from WoW, raiders are a minority of playerbase, i wonder why things should be different in Wildstar.

Perfect execution and coordination among people is difficult. Just because each individuals task is simple enough a monkey could do it, doesn't mean it's not hard. The difficult parts comes in making sure every monkey does their ASSIGNED task at the correct time alongside everyone else, while also doing the job of their role.

If everyone could get 10, 20, 40+ people to do exactly what they're supposed to, when they're supposed to.... directors and planners of huge events wouldn't get paid so much damned money...and everyone would be clearing Heroic raids.

Deleted
    I haven't raided in Wildstar so I won't comment of the difficulty of the raids as that would be talking out of my ass, but I think people in this thread are overlooking the most important aspect of raids (or any other content in games) and that is fun. Making difficult raids isn't that hard as the difficulty can be easily changed by tuning the numbers, but creating bosses that are original and entertaining to execute for 10s or even 100s of wipes is a true work of art.

From what I have experienced in adventures and dungeons Wildstar has all the foundation needed to design great raid bosses on top of it and it would be a shame if most bosses ended up being an exercise in frustration littered with simple, but wipe-inducing binary checks where you hope the "weakest link" of your raid group doesn't fail again instead of genuinely having fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    And you go right back to game vs game after complaining about it. Your statement doesn't actually do anything to refute the points brought up about the loot.
    Indeed, it is rather pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Perfect execution and coordination among people is difficult. Just because each individuals task is simple enough a monkey could do it, doesn't mean it's not hard. The difficult parts comes in making sure every monkey does their ASSIGNED task at the correct time alongside everyone else, while also doing the job of their role.

If everyone could get 10, 20, 40+ people to do exactly what they're supposed to, when they're supposed to.... directors and planners of huge events wouldn't get paid so much damned money...and everyone would be clearing Heroic raids.
    Every raid encounter in any game is based on the right response/reaction and knowing the correct execution. Not sure why wildstar seems to be looked as something different it's no different then what you get to see in HC in wow. Or any game, including moba's your right reaction and execution means either a win or a loss.

But yeah this thread regarding certain opinions... special comes to mind

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post

I play a stalker and I had to change my keybindings to avoid my fingers from feeling strained after a few hours of raiding... Playing Wildstar for a few hours can feel as exhausting for my fingers and mind as playing a Street Fighter game at the highest difficulty level. So I'm all fine with people saying they don't think this is 'fun', but one thing they can not claim is that raiding in Wildstar isn't hard or demanding or exhausting and doesn't require a large amount of effort. So it is mindless to deny that the raidcontent isn't hardcore in all aspects, and just reeks of bitterness to me.
    Bind your shred to a mouse key, you'll also see your damage go up and you'll get less strain just get used to releasing the key on impales and other abilities.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

Also just because an individual task is simple, doesn't mean people won't make mistakes.

With 40 people ...

Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Wait what? They are releasing drop 3 at November? Have they lost their minds? AA has just released. And 6.02 is coming out in 2-3 weeks. Oh god. I know I ain't a game designer or a marketer but come the fuck on, this is possibly the worst decision they are making now.
    Do you mean it's too late? Agreed if so, WoD is coming out in November as well, the chance that the majority of players that did play WS will decide to come back to WS for a patch, no matter how big, instead of playing a new WoW expansion is slim at best. AA has a completely different target audience, though, so it doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Interesting, if the endgame is so hard, how the hell multiplayer game, where the only high level PVE content, available to players, is so punishing can be suitable for a mass audience ?
    I am not saying that this is a bad design, but in such case this game obviously should be targeted at a MUCH lesser market.

Quote Originally Posted by Grendizerx View Post
    Interesting, if the endgame is so hard, how the hell multiplayer game, where the only high level PVE content, available to players, is so punishing can be suitable for a mass audience ?
    I am not saying that this is a bad design, but in such case this game obviously should be targeted at a MUCH lesser market.
    People have been pointing this out since just about forever. We still haven't gotten a good explanation from Carbine on why they took this route.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Btw all fights are about interrupts/moo and dance between red telegraphs
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Movement in fights....whatever next.....it will never catch on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendizerx View Post
    When asking about different tiers of content i got a rather lengthy reply back about different concepts they have for it, including solo tiers and a solo progression curve when asking that question again later on i got a lot more vague answer back indication something went wrong and they would've more solo content in the first patches however the solo player tier was missing.

Long story short is we can conclude they ran out of time and money, as they did say from the start they knew they needed to provide content for different types of players.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Like every other RPG?

Mind blown.
    Gonna blow your mind right now.

GW2

Mind blown

So no not every RPG
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

You're making it sound as if you never played GW2.

Dodging stuff isn't in GW2? Ok then, I guess that explains why people enjoy the game so much. They can just mindlessly walk into everything. Or are you talking about the game lacking a feature such as interrupts? Wow, impressed.

I got a feeling your mind was blown long before you opened this thread.
    Lets break it down to you since you no longer play GW2 so your opinion of it is invalid (see what I did there?).

Interrupts are trivial in GW2 - Anet made it so interrupting isn't a thing in PvE and even then it isn't a simple interrupt, it's crowd control. It doesn't actually have any true interrupts, just crowd control (which interrupts things because well they are crowd controlled).

Secondly I said nothing of dodging, and no it's not a dance between telegraphs because some fights (and some don't) have actual mechanics that don't revolve around interrupting and avoid the fire. See Teq, 3 headed wurm, etc.

Lastly I was targeting your ignorant perception that every RPG is the same "don't stand in fire" to your response to:

No where did this person say anything about any other games being different. He just says specifically this game is interrupts and dance between the red. So why you suddenly bring up every other RPG (which is a huge exaggeration) is stupid.

You didn't say anything that convinced me
    That would be your problem. Like wise you haven't convinced a single person here of your point (whatever that is?) but that's our problem

Deleted
    Can we please just lock this thread? The constructive discussion ceased 200 pages ago, now it's just bitching and flaming.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    Can we please just lock this thread? The constructive discussion ceased 200 pages ago, now it's just bitching and flaming.
    This thread will become productive again when the game is fixed. Sounds like that may be by year end, but may not happen until F2P. We will have to see. It's likely the 'hardcore' players will immediately find the game beneath them and then the convo temperature will cool at that point. Right now it's just a very minor subset of individuals with inflammatory opinions and people reacting to them.

The game has a lot of great changes coming. Stay tuned!
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    This thread will become productive again when the game is fixed. Sounds like that may be by year end, but may not happen until F2P. We will have to see. It's likely the 'hardcore' players will immediately find the game beneath them and then the convo temperature will cool at that point. Right now it's just a very minor subset of individuals with inflammatory opinions and people reacting to them.

Indeed, the game is finally turning into what I thought it was originally going to be 2+ years ago. I'm waiting for FTP though, I can't justify 3x $15 a month for MMOs.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

A whole 3 people? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    Noooo, don't lock the thread. I love this place.