To be fair, they actually do capture it pretty early now. They have a shiphand in the starting zone which is actually rewarding both in XP and gear and the new protostar dungeon is used to introduce low level players to dungeons and the mechanics of instanced combat.
    Yea now that I think about it now. It grasp what their game is about early on. I still don't think endgame has enough content, or variety of content. It's mainly instance dungeon/raid crap which gets boring after awhile. But yea it fairly is accurate on it's niche representation.

Tell that to Vanilla WoW
    Such context does not apply from a game 12 years ago that no longer exist. There is no more vanilla WoW, only a memory. And that one zone they never bothered to re do when cataclysm came out (lazy cheap ass holes)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I've said this before and I've said this again. If you can't capture what your game is about in the first 10 levels nobody is going to stick around to find out if those first early levels are just awful.
    That's true. In wildstar however I think I got higher level than 10... but if I remember correctly you could start leveling through pvp quite early and that is always fun. But when I played ESO it was a struggle even to get to lvl 5, people said it would get better later on but I wasn't interested at all to find out and I have no regrets for it either and Im not wondering now "oh what did I miss out", it was just that obviously that game was not for me, because it was really painful tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Tell that to Vanilla WoW
    It isn't 2005 anymore. Times have changed, much more so in the MMO market.

*plz delete* - wrong thread
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2015-03-02 at 03:05 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    To be fair, they actually do capture it pretty early now. They have a shiphand in the starting zone which is actually rewarding both in XP and gear and the new protostar dungeon is used to introduce low level players to dungeons and the mechanics of instanced combat.
    I can't say I agree with that, the tutorial area is so extremely dull that I had one of my friends bail before he even got past it. I managed to get past it but it really left a bad taste in my mouth which is why I was only able to make it to level 7 before leaving.

It's actually the best introductory content I've ever seen. Leveling is still terrible as you have to skip everything unintuitively, but the rest is good. They definitely improved that aspect tremendously. For what it's worth, I did enjoy the couple of days I played with the trial and thought I would maybe come back, but resorted to leveling a character after 3 days of chain running shiphands with no other content to do but copypasta dailies.
    If the leveling is bad, it's going to turn off a lot of players, and when you stick a player in a game that forces you though a linear progression that is the opening tutorial, it's going to get a lot of people to just up and quite 15 minutes into playing it.
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

If the leveling is bad, it's going to turn off a lot of players, and when you stick a player in a game that forces you though a linear progression that is the opening tutorial, it's going to get a lot of people to just up and quite 15 minutes into playing it.
    The sad part is the leveling process accurately represents endgame daily quests. And when I say accurately I literally mean copy/paste.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJewishMerp View Post
    I can't say I agree with that, the tutorial area is so extremely dull that I had one of my friends bail before he even got past it. I managed to get past it but it really left a bad taste in my mouth which is why I was only able to make it to level 7 before leaving.
    I am not referencing the tutorial area at all, which should be skipped by everyone. I'm talking about the updates to the game, the leveling zones, and the initial dungeon...which I clearly stated in my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJewishMerp View Post
    Sure. We've been saying this since beta pretty much. The largest flaws are how many quests you are inundated with, the fact that you actually shouldn't do anything but the story quests to level or else it's slower, and the awkwardness of path quests not really giving xp.
    BAD WOLF

Didn't really mind the questing. I don't mind WoW's questing either.

The reason why I stopped bothering to level was Warplots never took off.
    I was only interested in Wildstar because of the Warplots. I really enjoy massive PVP battles, like Warplots, and I waited.....and waited.....and waited for them to take off.

Never did. So I quit playing.

I don't know what it is but I just can't play that game at max level. Doesn't help that no one is playing and queues are endless. After a few days leveling a new toon (and having fun) I still decided to uninstall to clean up my SSD. I think they gave it their best shot, but too little too late as we've all known. About the only thing left to bring in massive amounts of players is to go F2P and release on steam at the same time. That is guaranteed to dramatically increase the players now and in the future.
    Same boat. Did the 10 day free trial, ran around for about 4 of those days on my max-level character... remembered why I stopped playing in the first place, and rerolled. Nothing drew me back in. Housing improvements were good, vet shiphands were OK, but that's really it.

Spent about 2 days leveling -- had a bit of a good time -- and then I hit Whitevale again. That zone is like hitting a wall of suck. Tried to force myself through and just stopped. It's like the Trollshaws (LotRO reference) of WildStar. Any and all motivation to push on just vanishes after an hour or so.

There are definite improvements and it's so much stronger than release, but it just didn't snag me like the first couple months.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuaOrphanage View Post
    Same boat
    That's almost identical to my experience.
    BAD WOLF

WoW's adding a CREDD like system, called Tokens.

Wonder how that'll go. It was way too easy to rack up months of CREDD in Wildstar. The price was so low.

*snip* The same will happen with WoW's token system if Blizzard doesn't keep the price low enough to deter people from doing so.

Please do not promote gold selling/buying. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2015-03-02 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's similar yet different as instead of letting the market control the prices and the tokens blizzard is holding a firm grip by determining the price themselves and not allowing people to buy them en masse.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Didn't really mind the questing. I don't mind WoW's questing either.

The reason why I stopped bothering to level was Warplots never took off.
    I was only interested in Wildstar because of the Warplots. I really enjoy massive PVP battles, like Warplots, and I waited.....and waited.....and waited for them to take off.

Never did. So I quit playing.
    I think warplots would be better if they weren't a 40-man pre made. That alone is what probably killed warplots.

The concept of Warplots really gripped me at first. It's a shame that I never got the chance to try them out for myself. It's really disheartening since the game itself has a lot of potential and Carbine seem to be doing a lot to fix it...but as someone said already it's too little, too late for many.

I'd subscribe to toy around with housing and role-play but the role-play community EU side is non-existent now. If I could transfer my character to a US server it wouldn't be too bad.

I'm leveling to max to see the story as I am enjoying the world story so far and want to see how it goes. The gameplay is fun enough to make the journey enjoyable, but once I hit level cap I'll probably unsub and go play something else. End game in Wildstar just doesn't interest me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our guild just got in officialy into DS, it's a pretty huge step up from GA, you pretty much need full tier gear or above for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    The concept of Warplots really gripped me at first. It's a shame that I never got the chance to try them out for myself. It's really disheartening since the game itself has a lot of potential and Carbine seem to be doing a lot to fix it...but as someone said already it's too little, too late for many.

I'd subscribe to toy around with housing and role-play but the role-play community EU side is non-existent now. If I could transfer my character to a US server it wouldn't be too bad.
    A re-launch is planned later this year, they'll most likely want their PvP in order and addressing the community concerns before doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    A re-launch is planned later this year, they'll most likely want their PvP in order and addressing the community concerns before doing so.
    wuts dis about a re-launch?

anyway, they already made some pvp changes in the latest bi-weekly patch, pvp gear, for this season, atleast, is no longer rated,you can now buy unlimited ability tier/ amp points with prestige, and level 50 blue pvp gear can be purchased with gold.

Why does it need a re-launch? It just either needs to not require 40 people or have it part of the PvP que so it auto gives you 40 people. I can't imagine the latter taking too much time to even do as a band aide fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warplots were already reduced to 30v30, but it's still not low enough, thing is, if they make it even lower then the map they have for it will be too big for player pool