Deleted
    Since I heard about W* going F2P, I decided to give it a try via the trial. But I'm having some serious performance issues, even though I'm above the minimum requirements (I actually cover the recommended reqs).

Even without addons, and using every setting on minimal, when I go into new areas/turn around quickly/see a lot of people, the game gets really choppy (as if my pc is overheating, but its not actually). I tried to fiddle with the graphics settings, but to no avail. When I check my processes, it's usually using only about 20% CPU and 1-2GB RAM.
    My specs are intel i5-3210M CPU, 8GB RAM, nvidia 650 GT.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Juice View Post
    Since I heard about W* going F2P, I decided to give it a try via the trial. But I'm having some serious performance issues, even though I'm above the minimum requirements (I actually cover the recommended reqs).

Even without addons, and using every setting on minimal, when I go into new areas/turn around quickly/see a lot of people, the game gets really choppy (as if my pc is overheating, but its not actually). I tried to fiddle with the graphics settings, but to no avail. When I check my processes, it's usually using only about 20% CPU and 1-2GB RAM.
    My specs are intel i5-3210M CPU, 8GB RAM, nvidia 650 GT.
    Not a problem with your comp but the game itself; apparently the issue was not fixed since beta, and considering the imminent arrival of the masses looking to check out the game during the first couple months before leaving, Carbine darn better actually get around to fixing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Not a problem with your comp but the game itself; apparently the issue was not fixed since beta, and considering the imminent arrival of the masses looking to check out the game during the first couple months before leaving, Carbine darn better actually get around to fixing it.
    Thanks
    Yeah, I'm hoping they do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    In this case, it is your specs (+ the game, but it is mostly your computer). Though the game doesn't look it, it is quite demanding. With the laptop processor, you're gonna lag a bit under heavy population areas. However, there are things that may help you out - give ForgeUI a try, that consumes less resources than their UI. You can also disable some of their addons under Addons (look for ones that have a large amount of calls). Best of luck

Deleted
    I disabled VSync (and some redundant addons as per Pejo's advice), and it no longer stutters when turning my camera around/going into new zones . It looks much more playable now, will test how it performs in the protostar academy soon, and that will probably seal the deal.

Deleted
    @Orange Juice

Give Fullscreen mode a try too, I know it sucks using that but I found it running much smoother than Borderless Window for some reason.

There also seems to be some kind of memory leak that can be fixed with either doing /reloadui every now and then or installing program that cleans your RAM (MemCleaner for example)

Oh yea, I been meaning to say something about the F2P thing for a while now. I typed something out at work for Reddit but left for home in the middle of typing it out.

The long and short of it I think is- good for Wildstar. I feel the gameplay is very accommodating to a 3rd era MMO audience and breaking down the archaic paywall is only a benefit.

It is incredibly difficult to have a sub model without appealing to a niche or having a massive brand. The latter of which is not guarantee financial security either. Entrenchment is the biggest battle one is facing as a developer in the games industry, and no genre is more characterized by buyer attachment than the umbrella MMO genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Welcome to my world
    That is not what he was saying; that person said "Rift" And STO. And someone replied with, in essence: "So you just hate wildstar" when all that person did was say those games were NOT wildstar....
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    That is not what he was saying; that person said "Rift" And STO. And someone replied with, in essence: "So you just hate wildstar" when all that person did was say those games were NOT wildstar....
    Please don't twist my words.

I was pointing out weak logic in his argument. I never accused him (or hinted) that he "hated Wildstar".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Wait, so because Wildstar is Wildstsr it's bad?
    This was your exact quote. The user was NOT saying that "Wildstar is bad" because its wildstar, he is saying those games were not wildstar, and you made it about him bashing wildstar...those were your exact words.

He did not "Hate" on wildstar. He said wildstar was not those games...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Yes, those games are not wildstar.
    This was his exact quote.

Nothing in what he said was "I hate wildstar because it is wildstar" as you implied.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy
    This was his exact quote.

Nothing in what he said was "I hate wildstar because it is wildstar" as you implied.
    I implied he hated it? Wait, wha? How?

I, quite honestly, don't know what to say. So I won't.

f2p = failed to profit.

doesn't mean anything, the game sucked at launch and still sucks now. Terrible mechanics, ghost town community, Awful end game content, and extremely boring quests and combat.

Deleted
    yeah yeah.....keep it coming boys, bring it on

https://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetrial/

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetoplay/

Seems you do indeed get a second chance to make a good impression.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So, got most of the addons folks suggested (thanks Kel!)and it's made the game significantly easier on the eyes now that there's not so much clutter. Will still take time to tweak it and get it looking right, but pretty much straight out of the box it's a big improvement.

The big one though...are there any mods for the bloody quest tracker? I saw one for the quest log (that is apparently broken or something, I'll look into it later), but damn I'd love to clean up that monstrosity of a quest tracker so that it's not cluttering up like 1/3 of the damn screen -_-
    You can close that quest window down to a few lines of text, we the players don't help, can't stop clicking accept on the bloody things Think Carbine had 99% of the staff working 24/7 on quests at one point.
    Quests
    Path
    Tasks
    World story
    Then you get the challenges, think a colour change for the important bread crumbs would help new players
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2015-05-31 at 08:12 AM.

Btw, could anyone mention some addons for Wildstar?

I have:

Junkit

Tapthat

Amp finder

Betterquestlog

Etooltip

Missiondistance

Moveableframes

And Trackermaster. Any more addons I should know about?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

quests are really the only thing bothering me about this game now. they're all spread out and stuff, kinda like BC quests in wow and it drives me insane.

i'm pretty ocd with this kind of stuff, wish they'd clean things up a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Btw, could anyone mention some addons for Wildstar?
    Forge UI for a UI overhaul is recommended

Or at the very least Optiplates (based of the old bijiplates but optimized)

Deleted
    So it begins. The f2p-model is quite good, can't really complain about anything there. No content restrictions, gear restrictions... that's the most important things that Swtor got completely wrong. And they even let f2p use the AH a little, very good =) Im just hoping, and I say really hoping, that EU version won't be outsourced to some german company that destroys the model... have there been any information about that? Can't find anything from what I read.
    I will check the game out, for sure. 2 char slots is good enough, can make a bunnygirl esper and a chua gunslinger =)

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire community is one block, the forums aren't split either. There's no indication that due to this missing separation they are suddenly going to split it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So, got most of the addons folks suggested (thanks Kel!)and it's made the game significantly easier on the eyes now that there's not so much clutter. Will still take time to tweak it and get it looking right, but pretty much straight out of the box it's a big improvement.

The big one though...are there any mods for the bloody quest tracker? I saw one for the quest log (that is apparently broken or something, I'll look into it later), but damn I'd love to clean up that monstrosity of a quest tracker so that it's not cluttering up like 1/3 of the damn screen -_-
    I assume you're talking about Better Quest Log, which doesn't work anymore. It took me some fiddling, but I think the normal quest log is appropriate, it just doesn't explain how to use it. At the bottom, each tab represents a category of quest. Left clicks turn the entire category on and off from view. Right clicking brings up settings where you can change the distance for it to track as well as limit it to the zone you are in.

Then there is a general settings tab I believe, where you can make it fill top to bottom so that you can move it to the top right of your screen like most games. Additionally, each item has a minimize and maximize function both for category and specific quest. I also use the addon Movable Frames. I'm not sure if it was needed to move the quest log, but I'll screenshot my ui so you get an idea of what I did. It's not perfect, b/c some tracking seems bugged in areas, but it's the best I think you can do right now. Maybe there's some crazy addon I haven't seen yet, but yeah.

Clicky:

Addon list for reference:
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2015-05-31 at 01:00 PM.
    BAD WOLF