Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    They connect through the EU proxy. (Seems to work just fine for them)

Also, firefall DOES have euro servers. I can just hop between them anytime I want.
    Just adding extra time.

US east is a min of about 120, US west is about 220+

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but here is a Zam interview with Gaffney

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=32714

pretty good read, didn't realize that he had so much experience in the business

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but here is a Zam interview with Gaffney

Hasn't been linked. I think I've heard all of this information before though (like read it word for word), pretty sure it's from their latest Lunch Q&A with a few of the media. There is a video of the lunch on Youtube, believe the name is Kaeli?? Check Wildstar Central, I suck at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Hasn't been linked. I think I've heard all of this information before though (like read it word for word), pretty sure it's from their latest Lunch Q&A with a few of the media. There is a video of the lunch on Youtube, believe the name is Kaeli?? Check Wildstar Central, I suck at this.
    probably true, articles (interviews) like these tend to circulate through various media outlets. So it wouldn't surprise me if it is the exact same thing as those you mentioned.

Still, first time I've read the information and thought it was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    Just because blizzard is doing it doesn't mean that everyone else is.
    Since blizzard is like... One of the only major subscription games left in the west, it's behavior is a good choice for what a subscription model will get you.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    Just because blizzard is doing it doesn't mean that carbine will. When I hear the devs talk about this game they seem to really care about it and the players, I get the feeling they wouldn't fuck us like Blizz are doing. I don't even think it's entirely Blizzards idea to implement this cash shop garbage anyway, something tells me there are are some higher ups standing over the blizz devs with a whip telling them to squeeze more money out of the dying game, ever seen the behind the scenes making of xpacs? The core wow team really does care about the players.. notice how all of this started happening after activision?
    You do know blizzards cash shop existed for YEARS it just only had mounts and pets right?

And since it's optional none power gain you have no proof of them screwing you over and since they had the cash shop for years they haven't screwed you over if you are currently playing WoW.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-07-13 at 10:07 PM.

I'm really hoping that the game offers a subscription option. I hate having to pay micro-transactions for small in game features. I'm fine with vanity pets and costumes or whatever being in a store but when it comes to QoL things like action bars or currency caps I hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    but when it comes to QoL things like action bars or currency caps I hate them.
    that is what poor cash shops do (depending on your point of view of course). I mean I suppose you can go by the adage of always expect the worst but I will say that if a cash shop appears in Wildstar, which I fully expect it to have one, then it won't be nearly that bad from a consumer point of view such as stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    I'm really hoping that the game offers a subscription option. I hate having to pay micro-transactions for small in game features. I'm fine with vanity pets and costumes or whatever being in a store but when it comes to QoL things like action bars or currency caps I hate them.
    They are clearly planning on offering a subscription option, at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are clearly planning on offering a subscription option, at the very least.
    We don't know that for sure; however, it is the most likely. It could also be a hybrid model of B2P and F2P. At least it sounds like we're going to have a DevSpeak about their payment model soon so we can steer away from theoreticals and what if's.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know that for sure
    Oh we don't, do we? *cough*
    BAD WOLF

We don't know that for sure; however, it is the most likely. It could also be a hybrid model of B2P and F2P. At least it sounds like we're going to have a DevSpeak about their payment model soon so we can steer away from theoreticals and what if's.
    I suspect a very limited F2P version with some unlocks, maybe just a free trial. (like, free to level 15)
    Then B2P box of like 40 dollars that gets you the game like GW2.
    Then a subscription for perks like in Tera and Rift.

Maybe. Who knows. If its a terribad model like subscription only, it will hamstring this game.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-07-14 at 12:07 AM.

except in the video (which this is a transcript of) he says they will be iterating over the next 6 months, yet they wrote it in this article as 2 months.....

something fishy is going on. And i'm not talking about the contents of Baldricks apple crumble.
    Realm First Grand Master Enchanter

I suspect a very limited F2P version with some unlocks, maybe just a free trial. (like, free to level 15)
    Then B2P box of like 40 dollars that gets you the game like GW2.
    Then a subscription for perks like in Tera and Rift.

Maybe. Who knows. If its a terribad model like subscription only, it will hamstring this game.
    Yea the $45 for the box worrys me. Meaning if that is the price of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yea the $45 for the box worrys me. Meaning if that is the price of the box.
    I think it's a sign that it might be B2P. Eve and Rift, when rift was subscription only, had box prices of 5 dollars (or around there).

GW2's B2P + Rift/Tera's optional subscription. I think that's their best bet. (given what we already know... from ninjas)
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-07-14 at 02:21 AM.

I'd put money on it being B2P with an optional sub.

But if it was B2P, the game would be $60. No company is going to go lower for a B2P title.

I think it's a sign that it might be B2P. Eve and Rift, when rift was subscription only, had box prices of 5 dollars (or around there).

GW2's B2P + Rift/Tera's optional subscription. I think that's their best bet. (given what we already know... from ninjas)
    If it was B2P it would be $60. Rift wasn't originally $5, it started at $60 (I think). Because of this weird $45 pricing it makes it seem you only get part of the game for 45 and to access the rest you need to pay a sub.

Which makes sense in a way. Pay $45 for X part of the game pay a sub to access the rest but I still don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Oh we don't, do we? *cough*
    Then someone should PM me some clarification I'll play no matter what the model is, but still very curious on plans. Will name my first-born in game child after teh oracle who makes my mind clear.

If it has an optional subscription then what does that mean? Does it mean they plan to have paid DLC's, ala TSW, and the subscription covers that for you plus some sort of bonus currency that you could use in a cash shop? That seems like the only way a B2P + optional subscription model could work.

If it has an optional subscription then what does that mean? Does it mean they plan to have paid DLC's, ala TSW, and the subscription covers that for you plus some sort of bonus currency that you could use in a cash shop? That seems like the only way a B2P + optional subscription model could work.
    Since TSW currency expires after a certain amount of time... lets hope they don't do that (that and funcom couldn't keep up with monthly updates).