Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Real raiders were full normal and on to heroics by the time you could even get exalted. If you had to do dailies for loot then WS wasn't for you.
    Because raiding is all there is to the game, right? That's why they added non-raiding content?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I wanted so badly to love this game, but when the first content patch added a second zone of dailies I immediately unsubbed. You may thank WoW for my hatred of those :P
    having daily give you 20% cap per day is good.

you dont have to do them like in wow.

also next patch add pvp stuff and the patch after add raid/dungeon stuff.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Because raiding is all there is to the game, right? That's why they added non-raiding content?
    Such as dailies, not sure what else you expect unless you discover a game breaking formula that keeps people playing.

I had a conversation with a friend yesterday and we both came to the conclusion that we'd enjoy Wildstar's end game zones a lot more if they were more along the lines of Farside in terms of atmosphere, mechanics and varied environments. Daily quests should also be fun and not feel like a complete chore.

I know it's all subjective but I'd be willing to bet a lot of people would find it more interesting to have to gather resources by jumping up into the air as part of a daily quest instead of having to run around and just kill stuff whilst occasionally using a quest item on a particular objective. Some people would hate that but a compromise could easily be found by mixing some interesting daily quests in with the basic daily quests to liven things up for everybody.
    Last edited by Graeham; 2014-07-14 at 06:50 AM.

Such as dailies, not sure what else you expect unless you discover a game breaking formula that keeps people playing.
    There's plenty of non-raiding solo/small group content options across MMO's that are not dailies. GW2 has dynamic events, Rift has Instant Adventures/Chronicles (solo/duo dungeons) and open world zone events, there's always the story based quests like those that exist in TSW, GW2, or SWTOR, WoW has its scenarios. If you want a good "daily quest" formula, look at GW2. While it's more of an achievement and less of a quest, it is completed by requiring players to complete 5 out of roughly 10 or so activities that are all a part of normal, everyday play (harvesting resources, dodge abilities, killing enemies, completing dynamic events etc.) so that you naturally complete it through normal play. That's a model that should definitely be emulated, as it encourages people to do existing content without forcing them to tediously repeat the same quests over and over.

It's not as if solo content has to be boring ass dailies, and Carbine sure as hell made it sound like they were going to have a bunch of interesting content for solo players in the months leading up to the launch of the game.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I had a conversation with a friend yesterday and we both came to the conclusion that we'd enjoy Wildstar's end game zones a lot more if they were more along the lines of Farside in terms of atmosphere, mechanics and varied environments. Daily quests should also be fun and not feel like a complete chore.

I know it's all subjective but I'd be willing to bet a lot of people would find it more interesting to have to gather resources by jumping up into the air as part of a daily quest instead of having to run around and just kill stuff whilst occasionally using a quest item on a particular objective. Some people would hate that but a compromise could easily be found by mixing some interesting daily quests in with the basic daily quests to liven things up for everybody.
    Hehe, the reverse can be said just as well
    I'd be willing to bet a lot of people would find it more interesting to run around and just kill stuff whilst occasionally using a quest item on a particular objective instead of having to have to gather resources by jumping up into the air as part of a daily quest.
    if it were forced
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not as if solo content has to be boring ass dailies, and Carbine sure as hell made it sound like they were going to have a bunch of interesting content for solo players in the months leading up to the launch of the game.
    Of course they did, casuals make the game. If 50 guilds worth of players only bought the game it would of been an abject failure and they would of lost millions.

Deleted
    Of course they did, casuals make the game.
    Ironically, Carbine claims their game is catering to the hardcore players.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    Ironically, Carbine claims their game is catering to the hardcore players.
    Because it does, but you need the blind casual there to pay the bills.

Deleted
    So...how are you going to draw in casuals when the game mechanics ask that you're hardcore (dedicate a lot of time to the game and you're also very good at it)? Do they actually expect casuals to do dailies and less difficult content forever, considering raids and veteran dungeons are off limits to them? Wait, what am I saying? "Dungeons" indeed, more like "rage quit content".

The game does very little in the ways of encouraging casuals to play it and pay the sub so the hardcores can have hard content.

So basically you're talking about an unsustainable business/development model. Something that no company is going to go for because it's a poor financial decision.

I don't really understand what you're getting at.

Deleted
    think you get casual/hardcore mixed up with good/bad players.

Outside of Shieldmaiden, all the adventures and dungeons are perfectly fine for casual players. And once youve done shieldmaiden a couple of times you can run it in under an hour so its ok after that.

Main issue is doing dungeons at the moment feels fairly worthless because silver speeds dont feel like it gives you anything decent compared to completing a gold adventure. But Carbine are looking to change how that works in the next week or so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    think you get casual/hardcore mixed up with good/bad players.

Outside of Shieldmaiden, all the adventures and dungeons are perfectly fine for casual players. And once youve done shieldmaiden a couple of times you can run it in under an hour so its ok after that.

Main issue is doing dungeons at the moment feels fairly worthless because silver speeds dont feel like it gives you anything decent compared to completing a gold adventure. But Carbine are looking to change how that works in the next week or so.
    They only have time to tweak things until WoD. Alot of players looking into Wildstar do so because they are bored with WoW's current lack of content. Even on the official wildstar forums some people said they and their friends are only playing it until wow's expansion.

That's a pretty short timetable at MMO scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    So...how are you going to draw in casuals when the game mechanics ask that you're hardcore (dedicate a lot of time to the game and you're also very good at it)? Do they actually expect casuals to do dailies and less difficult content forever, considering raids and veteran dungeons are off limits to them? Wait, what am I saying? "Dungeons" indeed, more like "rage quit content".

The game does very little in the ways of encouraging casuals to play it and pay the sub so the hardcores can have hard content.
    So basically you're talking about an unsustainable business/development model. Something that no company is going to go for because it's a poor financial decision.

I don't really understand what you're getting at.
    Like I said in a previous post, it's all about selling units. Create enough hype that people will just pay to 'check it out'. Wildstar isn't even sustainable for raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Never even got to the sub stage. I really tried to like this game, genuinely liked the combat but the questing ... eurgh.

Like I said in a previous post, it's all about selling units. Create enough hype that people will just pay to 'check it out'. Wildstar isn't even sustainable for raiders.
    That's not a sustainable business model/decision/strategy, though. MMO's are not about initial sales, they're about longterm monetization. SWTOR proved that very soundly with its strong initial showing followed by a significant dropoff. If the devs aren't looking into the longterm, then they're going to have major problems.

Again, MMO's are not about selling units, they're about retaining paying players.

That's not a sustainable business model/decision/strategy, though. MMO's are not about initial sales, they're about longterm monetization. SWTOR proved that very soundly with its strong initial showing followed by a significant dropoff. If the devs aren't looking into the longterm, then they're going to have major problems.

Again, MMO's are not about selling units, they're about retaining paying players.
    Now that you mention SWTOR, one of the developers unofficially said that made enough on release that the company didn't want to put the money back into it to fix it up.

What sustainable model do you think WS has?

From what I have gathered about this game, I am really glad I didn't give it a chance. Especially since this is a Nexon (or was it Nexus? I forget) published game, and they absolutely love shutting down MMORPGs that are doing even remotely poorly. (RIP City of Heroes.)

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    From what I have gathered about this game, I am really glad I didn't give it a chance. Especially since this is a Nexon (or was it Nexus? I forget) published game, and they absolutely love shutting down MMORPGs that are doing even remotely poorly. (RIP City of Heroes.)
    NCSOFT is the publisher

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FattGuy View Post
    1. Carbine has ensured that server population is fine, and has a much higher population capacity than the games we are used to. For all we know, when in prime time (aka 6-8pm) and server population are at medium, it could equate to high population of wow servers.
    Lol ok. I call bullshit.

-waits for someone to tell me that they saw 50 people beside the AH so the server must be as busy as Kazzak! Outside of cities the game is empty.

You all complained that Cata was a stand in a city game and queue for crap, I'm still waiting for the WS fanbois to accept that's what WS is.

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted so badly to love this game, but when the first content patch added a second zone of dailies I immediately unsubbed. You may thank WoW for my hatred of those :P
    The first patch was indeed terrible and made me cancel my sub.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2014-07-14 at 11:03 AM.