Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    PLEASE please get over the fact this iS not WOW.....you won't get your free epic just for showing up
    This. /10chars

Deleted
    Wildstar has a potential to be a good game but it wasn't for me. I had 2 months of game time but last month I only logged in occasionally. It was really hard to find casual raiding guild because it seemed to me that there was only HC guilds or guilds that didn't do anything. I didn't even like the PvP so there wasn't anything left to do for me.

And if anyone starts moaning "b-b-but the money!" then fuck the money. Not all developers are aiming to become a billion dollar profit organisation. There are plenty of other MMOs to choose from too if you rather prefer to spread your wallet's anus for the greed of developers who will only deliver the bare minimum to please their margins and shareholders. I value game design based on integrity, challenge and dedication far over fast-food game design, especially for an MMO.
    Until they decide that it isn't worth the money to keep it running and shut it down. Then you're shit out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Why is it only the people who haven't raided yet that sing WS praises?
    Because very few people have raided?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    The casual playerbase leaving an MMO not aimed at casuals is a good thing in my book.
    I'm afraid you're going to discover that it's very far from a good thing.

And if anyone starts moaning "b-b-but the money!" then fuck the money. Not all developers are aiming to become a billion dollar profit organisation.
    The innocence of these comments is heartwarming. The devs don't call the shots, kid. NCsoft exists to make money. not coddle developer egos.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2014-08-02 at 12:07 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    No point in already worrying about such a thing. Currently it's among the top 20 most played games, quite good for a subscription based MMO with a CREDD system.
    Source ?

And that data better be from July not from a week after official release when people didn't realize how underwhelming the game is.
    Last edited by mmoc877584f10c; 2014-08-02 at 12:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want development speed to come to a crawl, I guess all the casuals leaving is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    If you want development speed to come to a crawl, I guess all the casuals leaving is a good thing.
    Does a great number of casuals supported helps another great MMORPG game in developing content faster?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Does a great number of casuals supported helps another great MMORPG game in developing content faster?
    More casuals = more money = bigger dev team = less stress on the dev team = more time to experiment with various new features = more content, faster content.

Or you can have 5 guys in dev department who need a year to make a dungeon, because you can't afford to hire more.

Deleted
    The casuals enjoy that myth too much for it to be broken. After all with this theory they are the ones that "make video games possible."
    You still haven't provided that source to back your claim that Wildstar is in the top 20 most played games. Does it even exist?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    Source ?

And that data better be from July not from a week after official release when people didn't realize how underwhelming the game is.
    I tried to google around, all I could find was raptr stats for, yea june. There Wildstar was on nr 6 with 2,86 raptr members playing, compared to leading LoL with 16,67. But game launched in june, I think it will take even more than the time to now to decide longlivity of the game... since probably many people bought game after launch and will have their free months. If we look at charts around november we might get a better point of view.

From feedback I'm reading Wildstar seems as well received as GW2 was, with GW2 being more hyped and b2p but with perhaps a bit more bugs, but still b2p so everyone who got it can login whenever and check things out. Will be interesting to see how things turn out, wildstar has more of what wow has with raids and arenas that could appeal to a larger audience, but they just need to decide wether or not they want most of the players being able to take part of it.

Rift did this small subbase, hardcore raids, grinds all over the place and could perhaps have settled for the veteran players they had, but they kept their niche somewhat, it's still hardcore and grindy but it's f2p and it made them gain quite a lot of money. But they made a good f2p model. Risk with having a subfee game that most likely aim to f2p is that people wont know: will it be a f2p starwars or a f2p rift? Two games that used to have subfee but that chose waaay different f2p models.

Deleted
    I just don't want to entertain you, nor would I seek to entertain any other individual that has been hating on this thread and trolling it since the beginning. Life is so tough, uh?
    But we can all start making up random facts just for the fun of it, how hilarious that would be

Deleted
    I just don't want to entertain you, nor would I seek to entertain any other individual that has been hating on this thread and trolling it since the beginning. Life is tough, uh?
    Then why do you make claims if you don't intend to back them up.

Wildstar now has less than 100k players. No, I don't care to show my source, you didn't show yours either.

Also, I didn't know criticizing a game is trolling, this argument may have worked on the SWTOR forums when Stanley Woo was still a moderator there.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    How is it worse than dailies in World of Warcraft?
    Because WoW dailies at least switch it up a little. This is the same daily, every day, forever. But it's ok cause they are doing a copy/paste of old zones to "spice it up" a little.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Only a week or two ago it was still played more than Hearthstone or Minecraft. Suddenly assuming that they need to worry about money is hilarious to say the least.
    But I thought a game doesn't need 10 million players or to make a lot of money for it to be successful?

10+ Year Old Account
    More casuals = more money = bigger dev team = less stress on the dev team = more time to experiment with various new features = more content, faster content.

Or you can have 5 guys in dev department who need a year to make a dungeon, because you can't afford to hire more.
    Pretty much, its pretty pathetic to see these guys think they can get a raid tier every 4-5 months at the production value Wildstar has with hardcore players only, at perhaps 450 guilds with 75 players each this would be around 30 000, and development is not the only costs in keeping an mmo running.

Or you can have possibly biggest dev team, and lots of money to affort hiring even more, and still need a year to make a dungeon.

Numbers matter, of course, but great management matters more. And having a spark inside you, being in love with project you develop matters even more.

Just so you know, in real life development not always go faster if you add more people. One artist can model and texturise an elven house in a day. Two artists will waste lots of time to communicate between them and person who coordinates dev process, arguing whose elven window looks better and which colour of walls should be used.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Only a week or two ago it was still played more than Hearthstone or Minecraft. Suddenly assuming that they need to worry about money is hilarious to say the least.
    Is that supposed to be a joke? What are you even talking about? On Twitch? Because that's not even close to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Because WoW dailies at least switch it up a little. This is the same daily, every day, forever. But it's ok cause they are doing a copy/paste of old zones to "spice it up" a little.
    WoW dailies were the same for years, and the majority throughout WoW's history have been in "old zones".
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    Is that supposed to be a joke? What are you even talking about? On Twitch? Because that's not even close to reality.
    He must be quoting yet another imaginary source he doesn't want to disclose as to not "entertain" us.