Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    (*) Also, wtf was that opening gate? Some kind of transparent, semi-clock animated oversized decor thing?
    It looks like some kind of scaled up version of the back console of Large Training Grounds FabKit. But as far as I'm aware, you cannot scale up fabkits...

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so today it dawned to me that I seriously am starting to hate playing this game. I mean it.

This whole week has been strange. I have this OCD where if I break one of these specific rules I have placed upon myself; "such as making a mess of myself, jerking off, and other stupid nonsensical tendencies" I go downstairs and just stay on my laptop instead of being on my computer, "the pure zone". I don't do much else in my "negative zone" besides go on forums, jerk off, possibly do some chores around the house, get ready for school, hang out with friends, etc etc...

Now here is the thing, whenever I am playing in my "pure zone", I actually am not playing this game as much as I should be. Both wow and guild wars 2 for me have problems and yet both games know how to hold me over. Both games had a solid carrot, a solid PVP system, a solid combat system, solid social gameplay elements, solid immersion elements, music, and so on... but Wildstar has only like 3/10 of the entire spectrum. Its carrot is messed up. The fact that fucking crafted gear is stronger than most gear just tells me how fucking stupid their shit is. Their combat system is fine, I enjoy it, but good god much more stressful than Gw2 or WoW. I don't mind it in truth but there isn't enough for the player to just unwind, chill and have fun. And the biggest bullshit is the attunement steps. I don't mind the parts themselves but why can't I just do any of them in any order. Perhaps I help a friend with his world boss kills on this day (yet I am not on that step) or perhaps my guild got a solid dungeon group going (yet I am not on that step).

Perhaps I am just raging at this moment, or I am sad that this guild isn't getting me addicted or holding me over as much as I want to. Like I have better luck with Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World and yet they are both console games. Ughh.... Not sure what to think of for this game at the moment. This is like my 3rd or 4th rant and I am seriously starting to see the BS most of you guys are saying. Its like the Cataclysm heroic dungeon conundrum but worse. They took the TBC attunement (WHICH I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A FUCKING PROBLEM WITH) and took that fucking bullshit too far.

This is coming from someone who has cleared hard content before and yet this game is making me consider my priorities more and more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Because it's not hardcore enough. People could just enter and start the race whenever?! With no "work" beforehand? No dedication?!

Pfft. Casual.

Anyway, on-topic. That is pretty badass. Bravo to that player.
    Ha! Screw you. Almost spit my tea laughing at this
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

(*) Also, wtf was that opening gate? Some kind of transparent, semi-clock animated oversized decor thing?
    It looks like some kind of scaled up version of the back console of Large Training Grounds FabKit. But as far as I'm aware, you cannot scale up fabkits...
    It's a Standing Viewscreen Display, and it's from one of the housing plot mission reward bags iirc.

http://www.jabbithole.com/items/stan...y-21925-1dg2qr

I've got one in my ship, they look spiffy.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

I'm a huge fan of player created content and community events so I'm glad to see that there's people taking the initiative to make that sort of thing happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, I bet they do something with that decor limit down the road. It would be pretty awesome for creative people!
    Hopefully it isn't a real cash thing, but this is the exact sort of thing I'd imagine I'd expect to see cost money. Though, so few people would use the higher limit, so who knows.

I was rather surprised at the low limit outside and the high limit inside, honestly. Barely got my Eldan excavation done, considering about 30 items had to be grass to cover the crappy ground!

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Okay so today it dawned to me that I seriously am starting to hate playing this game. I mean it.

This whole week has been strange. I have this OCD where if I break one of these specific rules I have placed upon myself; "such as making a mess of myself, jerking off, and other stupid nonsensical tendencies" I go downstairs and just stay on my laptop instead of being on my computer, "the pure zone". I don't do much else in my "negative zone" besides go on forums, jerk off, possibly do some chores around the house, get ready for school, hang out with friends, etc etc...

Now here is the thing, whenever I am playing in my "pure zone", I actually am not playing this game as much as I should be. Both wow and guild wars 2 for me have problems and yet both games know how to hold me over. Both games had a solid carrot, a solid PVP system, a solid combat system, solid social gameplay elements, solid immersion elements, music, and so on... but Wildstar has only like 3/10 of the entire spectrum. Its carrot is messed up. The fact that fucking crafted gear is stronger than most gear just tells me how fucking stupid their shit is. Their combat system is fine, I enjoy it, but good god much more stressful than Gw2 or WoW. I don't mind it in truth but there isn't enough for the player to just unwind, chill and have fun. And the biggest bullshit is the attunement steps. I don't mind the parts themselves but why can't I just do any of them in any order. Perhaps I help a friend with his world boss kills on this day (yet I am not on that step) or perhaps my guild got a solid dungeon group going (yet I am not on that step).

Perhaps I am just raging at this moment, or I am sad that this guild isn't getting me addicted or holding me over as much as I want to. Like I have better luck with Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World and yet they are both console games. Ughh.... Not sure what to think of for this game at the moment. This is like my 3rd or 4th rant and I am seriously starting to see the BS most of you guys are saying. Its like the Cataclysm heroic dungeon conundrum but worse. They took the TBC attunement (WHICH I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A FUCKING PROBLEM WITH) and took that fucking bullshit too far.

This is coming from someone who has cleared hard content before and yet this game is making me consider my priorities more and more.
    You said you bought 3 CREDDs right? Just wait for your sub to end and let CB deal with the changes. Who knows what will happen in the next couple of months though. I personally think the game will go free to play but then again, I thought the same thing about FF 14: A Realm Reborn that game is still doing very well, although it is more casual than Wildstar, well in certain areas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Someone just posted this on reddit. Looks like a cool idea. Housing/Mount Race with prices !!!

Race starts @ 4:40 !!!!

All details here !

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/com...e_race_course/
    I've seen loads of these videos.....it's amazing what players can do with the right tools and skill.....hats off to you all

EDIT: i'm down to 13 gold and my house is only half done.....LMAO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    I was rather surprised at the low limit outside and the high limit inside, honestly. Barely got my Eldan excavation done, considering about 30 items had to be grass to cover the crappy ground!

think it's how you use your items, took my ages to get the hang of it.....but i'm not this good " yet "
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2014-08-10 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    I've seen loads of these videos.....it's amazing what players can do with the right tools and skill.....hats off to you all

- - - Updated - - -

think it's how you use your items, took my ages to get the hang of it.....but i'm not this good " yet "
    Oh you can definitely do some fantastic stuff, but it's as if the limits are backwards in my opinion. 300 outside and 800? inside.

Deleted
    The numbers do look strange....they have said recently they are hard at work making the plots double in size, hopefully any problems with numbers will be resolved at the same time

10+ Year Old Account
    funny how wildstar took things from blizzard and now blizzard is taking things from wildstar.....strange how the world turns
    Multiple people including myself have asked you what. I thought you would ignore us.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

My question to you is: How did you build those pavements. Ive been having a lot of ideas but the damn grass just keeps getting the way. Aby tips on how to cover it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Multiple people including myself have asked you what. I thought you would ignore us.
    On the conceptual level:
    - Plug / FABKit for their garrisons (much less customization, some overlap in features eg. crafting, no challenges / dungeons / biomes),
    - LAS (called ability pruning and locking skills to specs again - hello stance restrictions),
    - No flying (remains to be seen if it will stick for all current content or not)
    - A return to more challenging small group content (remains to be seen how much more challenging... it won't be ws veteran dungeons level for sure... apart from challenge modes "maybe")
    - Quest compartmentalization (story / task quests similar to WS world story / zone story / tasks / missions system)
    - Retooling Glyphs to be more like AMPs (automatically unlocking glyphs as you level, mutually exclusive glyphs, not as rich as WS colorwheel system)
    - Rune system (called 'secondary stat attunements' in WoW's version)
    - Randomized crafting.
    On the straight up "copy/paste" level:
    - Unit model outlines.
    - ... they'd get more but their physics engine is ancient so many things WS can easily add to the game in content drops, WoW would need a v2.0 to pull off and Kotick is too busy milking the cow to ok serious investments.

I'm sure I'm missing some, these are just off the top of my head.
    Most are not straight up copy-paste, more like "put my own spin on competitors strong points and try to sell it off as a better version" but the inspiration is obvious (not just from WildStar, other recent MMOs as well)
    Last edited by Roadblock; 2014-08-10 at 01:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcs View Post
    My question to you is: How did you build those pavements. Ive been having a lot of ideas but the damn grass just keeps getting the way. Aby tips on how to cover it up?
    use advanced tools....you can lay any object flat then rise it up using the arrows

use advanced tools....you can lay any object flat then rise it up using the arrows
    I can't even begin to tell how much my quality of life improved, when i discovered the arrow thingy, when i was still playing the game. It was like a whole new world.

Also the thingy where you could copypaste the size/position of an object, such nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    On the conceptual level:
    - Plug / FABKit for their garrisons (much less customization, some overlap in features eg. crafting, no challenges / dungeons / biomes),
    - LAS (called ability pruning and locking skills to specs again - hello stance restrictions),
    - No flying (remains to be seen if it will stick for all current content or not)
    - A return to more challenging small group content (remains to be seen how much more challenging... it won't be ws veteran dungeons level for sure... apart from challenge modes "maybe")
    - Quest compartmentalization (story / task quests similar to WS world story / zone story / tasks / missions system)
    - Retooling Glyphs to be more like AMPs (automatically unlocking glyphs as you level, mutually exclusive glyphs, not as rich as WS colorwheel system)
    - Randomized crafting.
    - Unit model outlines.
    - ... they'd get more but their physics engine is ancient so many things WS can easily add to the game in content drops, WoW would need a v2.0 to pull off and Kotick is too busy milking the cow to ok serious investments.

Most are not straight up copy-paste, more like "put my own spin on competitors strong points and try to sell it off as a better version" but the inspiration is obvious (not just from WildStar, other recent MMOs as well)
    There is so much wrong with this that I can't even.... so much straw grasping...

/walks away
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    On the conceptual level:
    - Randomized crafting.
    - Unit model outlines.

Wow, lol.

I'm actually amazed you said so much crap.

I see ministabber is continuing to ignore what Blizzard have copied.

Most of the stuff in your list was taken from GW2/SWTOR, none of it was taken from Wildstar.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2014-08-10 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    I was aware of those things, in fact I used it a lot during Skyarena construction but that means your entire plot is elevated from the ground level to an altitude when not a single bit of grass goes through it. Following that thought, plugs are supposed to be below the pavement level as they are built on the actual ground level.

Oh, I just gave it a better look on my laptop (was watching it on Lumia previously) and I just noticed you have ramps connecting plugs with the pavement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Wow, lol.

I'm actually amazed you said so much crap.

I see ministabber is continuing to ignore what Blizzard have copied.

Most of the stuff in your list was taken from GW2/SWTOR, none of it was taken from Wildstar.
    All this is nothing new, all game makers take inspiration from each other, players get tunnel vision......not the developers

ps was really trying to stop you guy's filling up the next 10 pages with wow stuff, plenty of room for that in the wow threads