Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Even on that other game with millions, I ended up on a dead alliance server (Draenor) most days I only ever saw the same 2 other chars in any city!
    Wildstar will never have those millions, a game does not need them, lots of good MMO's out there prove that.
    Lie. WoW's cross realm tech ensures that there will always be more than a cople dozen people in the captals at any given time. Plus, the new CRs include the Draenor realm (with the Echo Isles) means that there will be lag at the AHs.

Sorry for the offtopic talk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Lie. WoW's cross realm tech ensures that there will always be more than a cople dozen people in the captals at any given time. Plus, the new CRs include the Draenor realm (with the Echo Isles) means that there will be lag at the AHs.

Sorry for the offtopic talk.
    I'm only posting because I object to the >>> LIE <<< part.....I have no need to lie ? what would I get out of it ? any from alliance Draenor around May help me out here ? EU server

I'm only posting because I object to the >>> LIE <<< part.....I have no need to lie ? what would I get out of it ? any from alliance Draenor around May help me out here ? EU server
    Well, when was the last time you actually played WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    -snip-

There you go.

- - - Updated - - -

That's at peak hours in the capital city.
    Looks pretty much empty, hope there is more Dominions.

You're all clutching at straws by saying, oh but people are doing housing! People are playing alts! For a "megaserver" that picture just shows how dead the game is.

Just waiting for F2P to be announced, then I'll give it another shot.

Also, what was the point in these megaservers, when the normal servers could hold more many many more than the current player base. I doubt these megaservers were actually any different, just a marketing ploy to make the server merges look better.
    Last edited by Trix; 2014-10-27 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by highdesi View Post
    Thats pretty healthy considering there is housing and lot of people are in their plots. For wildstar, its pretty healthy.
    Actually it's terrible, it's not even half of what it used to be during first month on a single server (though I was playing on 2nd largest server), and that was when we had 10 servers per region. People were also doing housing back then, and there were tons of people still busy levelling, so these excuses for low population in the cities are mostly irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    As far as I know, Exiles had a larger population overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    As far as I know, Exiles had a larger population overall.
    Unfortunately. Though whatever faction is perceived as the 'good guys' seems to be the most popular in most modern MMO's. I greatly preferred the Dominion's overall lore and aesthetics. It's a shame the half-Eldan weren't a playable race within the faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Unfortunately. Though whatever faction is perceived as the 'good guys' seems to be the most popular in most modern MMO's. I greatly preferred the Dominion's overall lore and aesthetics. It's a shame the half-Eldan weren't a playable race within the faction.
    Bunny girls.

I disagree (look at swtor, although I am keen to see what examples you have, as Rift and WoW, the so called bad guys are most popular as well).

I think the downfall of the Dominion side was it being based on religion.

and bunny girls.
    Last edited by Trix; 2014-10-27 at 09:50 AM.

Probably considered off topic but dudette, we know how you feel about WoW. There's a reason why he would call you out on that.

Random thought.. I wonder if the family Tony visited with the laptop still play.

I don't think that's true. Horde are not the good guys in WoW and they have more players in addition to having a much more organised community. They are more chaotic, and this is the major thing drawing players in. Many players don't want to play lawful side, they want to play renegades, and that's exactly what Exiles are. I'm sure the fact that Exiles were the good guys helped, but it wasn't the most important factor.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Bunny girls.
    This is why the Dominion had fewer players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

If you took away the blood elves then the Horde's population would be pretty abysmal. I suppose the selection of playable races is more important than a faction's overall alignment which is why I think the Dominion should have been given the half-Eldan as a playable race. I have to admit I'm a little baffled by the popularity of the Aurin. It's kind of creepy how they're often branded 'sexy' when they've deliberately been designed to resemble children.

I'd understand the obsession if they were more aesthetically pleasing like the Miqo'te of FFXIV. Alas, when I suggested on the official Wildstar site that half-Eldan would make for a great potential future playable race the idea was shot down by people rallying for the Lopp to be added instead.

If you took away the blood elves then the Horde's population would be pretty abysmal. I suppose the selection of playable races is more important than a faction's overall alignment which is why I think the Dominion should have been given the half-Eldan as a playable race. I have to admit I'm a little baffled by the popularity of the Aurin. It's kind of creepy how they're often branded 'sexy' when they've deliberately been designed to resemble children.

I'd understand the obsession if they were more aesthetically pleasing like the Miqo'te of FFXIV. Alas, when I suggested on the official Wildstar site that half-Eldan would make for a great potential future playable race the idea was shot down by people rallying for the Lopp to be added instead.
    I hope it's because they are cute and resemble pets. I would of played a cat race for example.

Not because they want to bone them

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of creepy how they're often branded 'sexy' when they've deliberately been designed to resemble children.
    You are confusing the Elin from Tera. The Aurin were not designed to be children. It's very clear from just their bodies alone.
    BAD WOLF

If you took away the blood elves then the Horde's population would be pretty abysmal.
    When you start with a statement that is totally false, it doesn't bode well for the rest of your comment.

Deleted
    For all the posters who have never seen the game AURIN

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You are confusing the Elin from Tera. The Aurin were not designed to be children. It's very clear from just their bodies alone.
    They're often treated as such by many of those flocking to them, though. Especially in the role-play and artist community who deliberately go out of their way to portray them in such a manner.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphon View Post
    When you start with a statement that is totally false, it doesn't bode well for the rest of your comment.
    Blizzard themselves admitted that part of the reasoning for the blood elves joining the Horde was that the faction was in dire need of an aesthetically appealing race to draw in the crowds. Thus if the faction imbalance in Wildstar was addressed in the same way then we'd likely gain similar results.
    Last edited by Graeham; 2014-10-27 at 02:38 PM.

This is an Aurin right?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're often treated as such by many of those flocking to them, though. Especially in the role-play and artist community who deliberately go out of their way to portray them in such a manner.
    So now you have backtracked from them being designed that way to people not involved with the creation of the game "deliberately" portraying them "in such a manner". This is a completely different statement than what you said before. Additionally...people often draw WoW characters as children. In fact, Chibi is a pretty popular style and touches all manner of IPs with that style. There is nothing inherent in Aurin that makes them be treated as children.

Furthermore, I'd love to see proof that the majority of RP people are portraying Aurin as 'sexy children' as you have stated it. Are you basically trying to say that the community of Aurin RP players are acting out illegal fantasies? There's so much ridiculousness in what you are saying, I'm not even sure what your agenda is.

Please stop making stuff up. Aurin are not portrayed/voiced/or otherwise written as children. They are a sprite-ish, nature based race that have very mature thematic elements and a matriarchal society.

Education Drop: http://wildstar-online.com/en/game/loremageddon/aurin/

Look for the word child, young, youth, etc on that page which highly details everything about their race. You won't find one instance of it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post

You're all clutching at straws by saying, oh but people are doing housing! People are playing alts! For a "megaserver" that picture just shows how dead the game is.

Just waiting for F2P to be announced, then I'll give it another shot.

Also, what was the point in these megaservers, when the normal servers could hold more many many more than the current player base. I doubt these megaservers were actually any different, just a marketing ploy to make the server merges look better.
    Yep, looking forward to the F2P announcement - another game to screw around in when I'm on a break from WoW/GW2/D3 - I just have to log in around the beginning of December and use one of my many CREDD stored up so I don't lose them...I'm sure they will be worth a lot when they can be converted to cash shop currency