Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    The problem with that is that you regurarly start threads about Blizzard and or WoW on these forums with nothing but negativity. I understand you are butthurt about 95% of the people in this thread - and in that part i agree with you, i have no idea what the hell they even doing here - but the fact is that you are no better at all.
    YES...but I'm in the right thread

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Here we go, one last time: I've walked away from that other MMO game forum!
    If other posters and MODS talk about it in this thread, I'll chuck in my views and opinions, the best way to avoid my opinion is by not reading this thread
    I fully understand that posters bring retro games up so they can compare aspects of it to next generation gaming.
    This says nothing, you do game v game posts all the time (even a very ironic jab in the post I'm quoting). Then you complain about people who play WoW but also talk about Wildstar. If you can bash WoW in this thread and compare it to Wildstar, they can bash Wildstar and compare it to WoW. Just because it's a negative thing about your favorite game doesn't mean you get to have double standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    calling wow a retro game is flat out insulting; perhaps instead of distancing itself from wow wildstar should try what works from it? :P
    You're a towel.

If other posters and MODS talk about it in this thread, I'll chuck in my views and opinions, the best way to avoid my opinion is by not reading this thread
    I fully understand that posters bring retro games up so they can compare aspects of it to next generation gaming.
    It's absolutely hilarious that you call WoW a 'retro" game like it's some sort of insult, when the fact is that WoW has more advanced raid systems than this game which purportedly caters to the hardcore raider market. Like I said in my other post, keep your head firmly stuck in the sand. That you don't see your hypocrisy even when it's brought up by multiple people is genuinely fascinating. Continue posting though, it's hilarious to read your posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is more next gen than Wildstar is.

Before you mention 10 years old, compare current WoW to vanilla.

I know you're just trying to wind people up by saying these things, but you make yourself look stupid in the process.

Since you like to through the stupid phrase next gen around, what makes Wildstar next gen? It brings nothing new to the table and it is by no way near the best looking MMO. Even that old retro game looks better.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2014-11-11 at 09:58 AM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    YES...but I'm in the right thread
    That doesn't make sense. If you go out and create bashing Blizzard threads all over the place then why can't they come in here and bash Wildstar? If you wouldn't go "out" with your negativity, you would have all the right to call the others out on this. But you are no better than them.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    It's beyond me how not only does it turn into a game v game thread at any given point, but mods freely allow it to do so.
    It's a god damn Wildstar forum, it's supposed to be about Wildstar, not which game is superior and which is dying etc. It's amazing that I can't walk into a Wildstar thread without having it compared to WoW and when compared to said game, this thread obviously devolves into a shitfest.

My god, do I not understand gamers these days. Dances on the graves of other games as if dying MMO's ever boded anything other than MMO's being a dying genre. We love seeing other games die for ones own amusement.

On another note, Drop 3 is out and I'll be checking it out once I get home. I've pretty much retired myself as a raider in W*, so I'm gonna enjoy the game at my own pace now while playing other games such as GW2, HoTS and WoW as well. Why stick to 1 game when you can have em' all.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razhork View Post
    It's a god damn Wildstar forum, it's supposed to be about Wildstar, not which game is superior and which is dying etc. It's amazing that I can't walk into a Wildstar thread without having it compared to WoW and when compared to said game, this thread obviously devolves into a shitfest.
    It's ironic that you are complaining about this, but side with the group of people who both initiate and continue to escalate said behavior. People like me, who have been most critical of the game for a long time, tried to avoid mentioning or even conceding any similarities between the games to prevent conversation from going that way. Seriously, reread the thread. (daunting task, I know)

Other than the random drive by posters, most of the people criticizing Wildstar remained pretty low key until a select group of 1-3 individuals felt the need to lash out at every game apart from Wildstar in an attempt to save face against a growing monstrosity of failure. The sad part is that people with good intentions, like yourself, come and make posts like this thinking you understand the situation.

The reality is far different. No matter how many times people expound upon the ways they want to see Wildstar succeed, you still get the impression that people are grave dancing. Nope. People are gleefully rejoicing that bad ideas are still bad ideas, nothing more, nothing less. Feedback that has been communicated since the beginning waves of beta have challenged Carbine's archaic ideas of MMO design. Everything from attunements, raiding, and payment models were (with undeniable proof) shown to be faulty.

Welp. Look where we are now. Not only do a large portion of us have to deal with the disappointment of watching an MMO we were eagerly anticipating be reduced to ashes by mismanagement, but now we have to deal with constantly being insulted and having nonfactual information repeated over and over. All we want is for Wildstar to deliver the game they said they would so we can happily go back to playing it. I have large hope that it will happen.

And you know the best part? I don't feel the need to put down any other MMOs to make another one look better. My criticism doesn't rely on another game's existence to be emoted and communicated. I do not critique Wildstar in service of making WoW or GW2 or LotRO look better. I do it because it needs tough love, honesty, and immediate change. If it does permanently die...well...I'll be pretty sad. It will be one less promising MMO and beautiful world I will get to enjoy. So many stories I will miss out on.

And that's just the unfortunate truth.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I don't mind the fair criticism which you post, but just read the last many posts since page 2253. It's plunged into a contest of shitposting back and forth, which is something it shouldn't devolve into. I moved my focus from Wildstar to other games in recent time, but when I click on this Wildstar megathread I was expecting something about Wildstar, and not the last few posts which is basically game v game. I just want to see some moderation being done here and get back on track.

I hope they from this point on stop making 40 man content. It's the worst logistic nightmare ever. They need to focus on their 20 mans if they want a proper raiding community. As of right now with bugs/exploits/unintended mechanics etc I'd put GA above DS anytime as a raid. GA was far more polished than DS in every aspect, which might scare some players who has done GA. A lot of the 40 man bosses are jokes due to unintended mechanics, though I've heard they were getting fixed in drop 3, which is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully this doesn't get lost, so forgive the emphatic text:

Good Start Carbine - Quick Summary of Patch Changes

Many, many good changes to get the ball rolling. I hope they can use this momentum, which will likely keep their remaining players very happy, to develop the new content they need to draw back people who have left. I look forward to playing this game again in 2015. Hopefully WoD gives me some downtime so I can switch focus a little. Can't wait to get back in Nexus when it's worth it.

I just want to see some moderation being done here and get back on track.
    Fair enough. I think the moderation in the thread has been pretty heavy handed and in favor of those causing problems, but I'll admit that moderators are pretty busy and likely don't keep up with this thread due to the lack of people actually playing the game. Regardless of what actions they have taken in the past, it's very difficult for them to manage this thread and keep it open. If it wasn't a megathread for an active MMO, it would have been closed many moons ago.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2014-11-11 at 02:29 PM.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Hopefully this doesn't get lost, so forgive the emphatic text:

Good Start Carbine[B] - Quick Summary of Patch Changes
    That actually sounds good.

I don't mind the fair criticism which you post, but just read the last many posts since page 2253. It's plunged into a contest of shitposting back and forth
    The usual problem is someone brings up this other game, slagging it off, then lots reply to that person. That person then complains about game vs game, even though they do it, basically all the time.

I'm guilty of bringing other games into this thread as well, but it's usually in response to someone.

However, sometimes I think it's fine to compare other MMOs.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2014-11-11 at 02:38 PM.

Good to see they are starting to fix some of the major issues in the game. If I ever get bored of WoW (again), I'll definitely fire it back up and take a look at what's going on.

overlapping dailies
    NO

bad carbine

/hits nose with newspaper
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    bad carbine
    Actually, it sounds like Timeless Isle style design stuff. Overlapping dailies makes it seem like they are providing dailies to do what you would already be doing there. That's actually a great design. Stop being so negative
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Actually, it sounds like Timeless Isle style design stuff. Overlapping dailies makes it seem like they are providing dailies to do what you would already be doing there. That's actually a great design. Stop being so negative
    If it's for things you are already suppose to be doing then adding dailies is just lazy way of saying "more content for content you are suppose to be doing"

I detest this kind of thing. Warplots going down to 30 players, should be 20 imo but still nice
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If it's for things you are already suppose to be doing then adding dailies is just lazy way of saying "more content for content you are suppose to be doing"
    It's simply layering rewards by providing an easily understandable method of delivery. I don't think you play WoW now, so you won't understand the TI reference....but it's not lazy, it's smart. It's essentially a bonus objective in a recognizable format. I'm not sure why you detest layered rewards, but as many things as we agree on I don't share your same views/desires of MMOs. *shrug*

Caveat: I may be misunderstanding them completely and this is just a fancy way of saying they have dailies that are also in this area, which amounts to just saying here's some more dailies. In that case you are entirely right. It's just not helpful to bash it before we even know....I'm trying here. Take the olive branch with me and together we can offer it to this sad little community!
    BAD WOLF

Drop 3 should change everything. I expect population to begin surging and we should be back to a couple million or so players before the holidays. Clever release timing on Carbine's part, I'm expecting WoD sales to really suffer as a lot of on-the-fence WoW players will now jump over to Wildstar.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Drop 3 should change everything. I expect population to begin surging and we should be back to a couple million or so players before the holidays. Clever release timing on Carbine's part, I'm expecting WoD sales to really suffer as a lot of on-the-fence WoW players will now jump over to Wildstar.
    What ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helistin View Post
    What ?
    Yeah..that's...those are some words right there. None of them are accurate, but they were written. Another expansion's sales will not be affected by a relatively minor patch in a game with low population. It also doesn't change much, other than to stabilize their current problems to move forward. I really shouldn't even address this as we were just talking about how people come in this thread and make ridiculous claims involving a certain other game....

Ugh...just a mess really.
    BAD WOLF