Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Baseless rumors. They'll do a business model transition well before anything like this is even considered.
    Does a publisher even have the power to discontinue something? I mean they can pull their support with the high possibility of the game going under financially but they can't just pull the plug so to speak?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Does a publisher even have the power to discontinue something? I mean they can pull their support with the high possibility of the game going under financially but they can't just pull the plug so to speak?
    Carbine is a wholly owned subsidiary of NCsoft, so IIRC NCsoft can do whatever they want with the studio and whatever work they've done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I have a new computer and can actually run Wild Star, so considering playing it, as I've always thought the game looked fun(but my previous PC couldn't run it at all for whatever reason).

Is it worth playing? I'm bored of WoW now, I'm basically just in log in to raid and then log out mode so kind of want a new game to play. I heard endgame is quite brutal, but if its fun I could give it a shot.
    WildStar 10 Day Trial provides 10-days of restricted game access. It’s a great opportunity to get an introduction to WildStar and check out the game play! The ten days of play time begins as soon as you click the Free Trial button in your account management page or free trial landing page. It is not possible to pause, restart, or stop trial time so be sure that you are ready to play before you click. Once a Free Trial is registered, it cannot be used again.

If you decide you want to continue playing WildStar during or after your trial time expires and you haven’t already purchased WildStar, you can purchase a copy of WildStar and upgrade your trial account to keep playing any characters created during the free trial (with full access to all in-game content!). If you need assistance with upgrading your trial account, please visit the following link: https://wildstar.zendesk.com/entries/44539198

If you added the trial to an existing full access WildStar game account to check out new content, you can simply reactivate your game account to continue playing. If you need assistance with reactivating your account, please visit the following link: https://support.wildstar-online.com/entries/42683853

Free Trials are intended for new players to try out the game or returning players who want to see how things have changed. You cannot add a free trial to an existing WildStar account that has remaining game time; however, adding a free trial to an existing Standard or Deluxe WildStar account that has NO remaining (Lapsed) game time will add 10-days of unrestricted play!

Free trials are region-locked. If you are receiving the error “The code you purchased is for a different region than your game account”, please visit the following article for more information on what this means: https://wildstar.zendesk.com/entries/87541146

As mentioned above, there are some in-game restrictions for WildStar Free Trial accounts. Below is the content you won’t have access to when playing a free trial account (but you will have unlimited acces if you decide to purchase WildStar or already own WildStar and have no game time!):

In-Game Restrictions:
    Max of 3 characters slots per realm
    Max character experience up to level 20 and path experience up to level 12.
    Limited to Apprentice Crafting (Tier 1)
    50 Gold Currency Cap.
    5000 Renown Cap.
    Joining or creating guilds is disabled
    Creating circles is disabled, but you can join them.
    Trading with other players is disabled.
    Sending and Receiving mail is disabled.
    Housing Restrictions:
    Cannot become a neighbor or a roommate.
    Cannot invite another character to be a neighbor or roommate.
    Commodity Exchange Restrictions:
    Cannot post, buyout, or bid on any item in the Commodity Exchange.
    Chat restricted to Say, Yell, and Party chat.
    /Ticket ingame is disabled
    Limited forum access (Read-only access)
    Cannot receive or purchase C.R.E.D.D.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I have a new computer and can actually run Wild Star, so considering playing it, as I've always thought the game looked fun(but my previous PC couldn't run it at all for whatever reason).

Is it worth playing? I'm bored of WoW now, I'm basically just in log in to raid and then log out mode so kind of want a new game to play. I heard endgame is quite brutal, but if its fun I could give it a shot.

Totally worth it.

Already fell in love with the game. Found a guild, did my first dungeon, wiped three times untill we all learned what precisely to do. Finally got a grasp on talents and crafting.

This is what I wanted, couldn't be happier.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    If you aren't planning on raiding then I wouldn't even bother playing WS.
    Here's the thing: if you do PvE in a game that reserves the highest tier of equipment as raid loot, you'll always be able to play to the point at which you've gotten all of the best rewards doing the other stuff has to offer, and you'll be left with no other way to achieve character advancement except through the raid content.

Wildstar does reserve the highest tier of equipment as raid loot, so the wall is there for you to hit. Compared to WoW, you'll probably find a lot more to do before you hit that point that amounts to using your character's abilities and movement to accomplish objectives. There are daily zones and veteran shiphands for solo (and group) play, and adventures and dungeons for group play, which I believe is more than you've got in WoW now, given the criterion I mentioned above.

Deleted
    Resubscribed in hopes of being able to maintain subscription through C.R.E.D.D again but the price seems to have gone up to 25 platinum since I last played, which seems like a much more respectable price compared to before. Gonna take a bit to farm said plat, but it's doable in less than a week for sure.

I'm so f**king happy I can do PvP again on my warrior. I had hit a gear score wall which had me blocked out of PvP entirely and for the first time in 4 months I can queue for PvP and actually get a match in decent time (Peak time I suppose). Might go at it again considering another game I play is in a bit of a content drought.

Deleted
    So I came back to this game for a look, stopped in Whitevale. Seems pretty good, got through Farside and leveled my Engineer a bit but decided I didn't want to sub. Had at least like 13 days left of my sub and cancelled my subscription preemptively to make sure I didn't forget it, tried to play it a bit again and wasn't even allowed on due to cancelling sub despite having those days left. Really put the final nail in the coffin for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razhork View Post
    Resubscribed in hopes of being able to maintain subscription through C.R.E.D.D again but the price seems to have gone up to 25 platinum since I last played, which seems like a much more respectable price compared to before. Gonna take a bit to farm said plat, but it's doable in less than a week for sure.
    You can make 10+ plat per day only by doing BG's

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razhork View Post

I'm so f**king happy I can do PvP again on my warrior. I had hit a gear score wall which had me blocked out of PvP entirely and for the first time in 4 months I can queue for PvP and actually get a match in decent time (Peak time I suppose). Might go at it again considering another game I play is in a bit of a content drought.
    Speed run the veteran shiphand: Infestation. Easily cleared with a gold medal in 8min. In just a few hours you can make 15+ plat off of it. This includes monetary rewards as well as signs/runes you get from rewards/destroying items. On occasion you also epic items that sell decently well and BoE Ability/amp points which sell for 30-20 plat depending on which one you get. Easily the easiest way to make money at the moment.

Looks like ppl are getting burnt out with warlords of nocontent and are coming back to WS
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Looks like ppl are getting burnt out with warlords of nocontent and are coming back to WS
    I am still baffled how blizz thought they could launch an expansion with far less than its predecessors and still tell their customers they were getting more.

The anecdotal evidence is amusing, I will admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post
    Wildstar does reserve the highest tier of equipment as raid loot, so the wall is there for you to hit. Compared to WoW, you'll probably find a lot more to do before you hit that point that amounts to using your character's abilities and movement to accomplish objectives. There are daily zones and veteran shiphands for solo (and group) play, and adventures and dungeons for group play, which I believe is more than you've got in WoW now, given the criterion I mentioned above.
    You do WS a great disservice by comparing it to WOW. You should rather lift the bar. Say what you would like it to do. If a player ran out of things to do in a month in WoD (I did in a little over that as an example), how long would they last in WS? Does it have twice as much to do? You are better off speaking about all of the things you can do and giving an estimate of how much time people can spend on those things. That will give someone a very good idea of how long they can stay engrossed in the game.

Raiding in it's present form in WS is totally out of the equation for someone like me. Don't have the time for it. If the rest of the content was 3 weeks then why bother, if the rest of the content is 6 months, well, that's a different story. Obviously that's subjective but a player can very quickly get a feeling for things based on what speed that go through things in the beginning.

You do WS a great disservice by comparing it to WOW. You should rather lift the bar. Say what you would like it to do. If a player ran out of things to do in a month in WoD (I did in a little over that as an example), how long would they last in WS? Does it have twice as much to do? You are better off speaking about all of the things you can do and giving an estimate of how much time people can spend on those things. That will give someone a very good idea of how long they can stay engrossed in the game.

Raiding in it's present form in WS is totally out of the equation for someone like me. Don't have the time for it. If the rest of the content was 3 weeks then why bother, if the rest of the content is 6 months, well, that's a different story. Obviously that's subjective but a player can very quickly get a feeling for things based on what speed that go through things in the beginning.
    Using WoW as an example is usually a good idea because most MMO players have at least played WoW.

Having said that, for people who don't raid Wildstar is almost pointless as there isn't really an incentive to do anything but the gear grind. In WoW there is at least 5 expansions worth of content to explore with dozens of reputations to grind, dailies to do and questing for story purposes (if that's your thing).

Wildstar has the more challenging group content at endgame, but WoW has so much more solo content available it's much more likely to retain mostly solo players for extended periods of time.

Deleted
    Raiding is raiding no matter the game! What you keep hinting at is mindless group content for the solo player....that equation in it's self does not add up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Wildstar has the more challenging group content at endgame, but WoW has so much more solo content available it's much more likely to retain mostly solo players for extended periods of time.
    It does? I think you'll find that WoW has the same challenge of end game, it just also has very easy versions of the same content. For example, Challenge Modes in WoW are harder than end game 5 mans in WS.

WS raiding looks fun, maybe I'll try and get into it once I'm bored with BRF. Both games are heavily focused on the end game gear grind, and well raiding provides the best loot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I am a big WoW-boy and WS-hater, but being completely honest current solo content in WoW is utter crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendizerx View Post
    I am a big WoW-boy and WS-hater, but being completely honest current solo content in WoW is utter crap.
    Agree with that, but it always has been imo. It is funny how he goes on to list that solo content as previous expansions though lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion both WS and WoW have = difficulty in terms of end game content and the kits available to the player to over come them.
    WoW is still impressive being able to accomplish what it has being as old as it is. But WS is just more enjoyable in that they can add various mechanics to encounters that aren't possible to WoW because of their combat system.

WS was just perceived as more difficult because people hadn't seen the content when it hit and no one had a Tankspot/Fatboss/LOSGaming channel to turn to for advice.