Deleted
    Anything is cuter than Chua.

7+ Year Old Account
    Have they ever made a comment about paid services such as faction/path/race changes?

Deleted
    Pretty sure they said that path changes won't be happening and that faction / race change is not the top priority. Would be surprised if they never add those thou.

Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    Anything is cuter than Chua.
    I disagree.

Chua master race.

Sucks to be without internet and not be able to play the game anymore. After getting all gold shiphands i was working with a guild to be able to run veteran adventures and dungeons, but stuff broke before i even had a chance.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    The new daily zone is amazing
    What's good about it? Problem here is, you've said the same about previous daily zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    That magazine mentioned mentoring which I know Zito wants badly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I disagree.

Chua master race.

Sucks to be without internet and not be able to play the game anymore. After getting all gold shiphands i was working with a guild to be able to run veteran adventures and dungeons, but stuff broke before i even had a chance.
    Chua Master Race indeed.

Like it's so dumb. They have mentoring but it's restricted. So stupid
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    What's good about it? Problem here is, you've said the same about previous daily zones.
    Can't ever remember ever saying that? But this one is! Solo- group- boss- path- adventure- challenge-contracts all rolled into one area...and a platform jumping thing I'll never be able to do ( 1080p HD if you let youtube catch up )

Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2015-03-14 at 01:20 PM.

It's that time of month again when Daewoo releases their forecast for the upcoming quarters for all NCSoft titles.
    http://www.kdbdw.com/bbs/download/19...hmentId=193934

Doesn't look too good for WildStar. 2 billion Korean Won for Q1 2015 means a monthly revenue of $585,800 US dollars. That's pretty brutal.
    In 2015, WildStar will account for only 1.1% of NCSoft's revenue.
    WildStar has had a Year on Year 'Growth' of negative 91.1%. Again, brutal.

I guess the one good news is that Daewoo thinks that WildStar has hit rock bottom and there is actually room for improvement by the end of the year, but considering WildStar underperforming the already poor forecasts by over 30% three times in a row, we won't really know for certain until their revenue is reported in May.
    You just lost The Game

I'm surprised on how patient NCsoft is being with Carbine.The NCsoft I know would have forced Wildstar to go F2P/B2P months ago, or just pull the plug.

Maybe they're already working on a F2P/B2P transition. It's going to happen whether the fans want it or not. I'm pro subscription, but it's just not going to work for Wildstar.

I'd be thrilled if Wildstar went F2P. The game deserves a healthy playerbase. The game has a lot of good things that needs to be shared with others.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2015-03-14 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I'm surprised on how patient NCsoft is being with Carbine.The NCsoft I know would have forced Wildstar to go F2P/B2P months ago, or just pull the plug.
    NCsoft is super hands-off with their Western studios for the most part. The games they have shut down?

Tabula Rasa was a disaster all around and this was pre-F2P transitions being a thing. The amount of money that would have been required to try to turn it around would have been too big.

Auto Assault? Complete and total flop of epic proportions and again, pre-F2P.

City of Heroes? Strongly supported for many years despite barely being a blip on their financial radar, and eventually closed down after roughly 8 years of being actively supported.

NCsoft closes down games, but they hardly abandon them unless there's a sound business reason to do so. I don't get why they're always portrayed as such a big villain.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Doesn't look too good for WildStar. 2 billion Korean Won for Q1 2015 means a monthly revenue of $585,800 US dollars. That's pretty brutal.
    Seriously? That's like 50k subs, if not less. If this is remotely accurate, then that is way beyond brutal. I'm really wondering why they haven't rushed a F2P transition yet. Maybe they are actually going to pull a complete restart? There's nothing they can possibly lose by it (50k subs is just a joke, they will take 10 years just to recuperate their losses with so few subs. So don't come with "you can sustain a MMO with 10k subs", please), and a whole lot to gain.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2015-03-15 at 12:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I doubt there's even 50k subs. I'd say like 10-20k based on the activity of the game I've seen recently.

Also a lot of people still have a lot of CREDD game time just wasting away since they're not playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that is brutal. I did enjoy the many changes done over Drop 3 and 4. Drop 5 seems to be decent from what little info i found on it. They definitely need to go F2P/B2P real soon if only to drive more coverage, publicity and good word from new players coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Seriously? That's like 50k subs, if not less. If this is remotely accurate, then that is way beyond brutal. I'm really wondering why they haven't rushed a F2P transition yet. Maybe they are actually going to pull a complete restart? There's nothing they can possibly lose by it (50k subs is just a joke, they will take 10 years just to recuperate their losses with so few subs. So don't come with "you can sustain a MMO with 10k subs", please), and a whole lot to gain.
    Remember you can buy subscriptions and sell it, so it's more likely less than 50k.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

For reference, City of Heroes was earning $836,200 USD before NCSoft pulled the plug on them. Though CoH was 8 years old at it's death, whereas WildStar is only 9 months old.

At this point, it's pretty unlikely that WildStar will live to see it's first anniversary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Remember you can buy subscriptions and sell it, so it's more likely less than 50k.
    It also doesn't account for box sales, or people who subscribe for more than 1 month. eg. a 6 month subscriber will look identical to 6, 1 month subscribers. It also doesn't take into account paid services, and unused CREDD.

A more realistic subscription number estimation might be between 25-30k.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    For reference, City of Heroes was earning $836,200 USD before NCSoft pulled the plug on them. Though CoH was 8 years old at it's death, whereas WildStar is only 9 months old.

At this point, it's pretty unlikely that WildStar will live to see it's first anniversary.
    No, no it's fucking not. Stop that bullshit.

At worst, WildStar still has a B2P/F2P transition, something NCsoft has been very keen on doing with its games in recent years, left in it before any possibility of it being closed down is entertained.

I don't get this near gleeful attitude of "THE GAME IS GOING TO DIE!" is coming from. Fuck that. Games dying is almost always bad. And while WildStar may not be the best game ever, it's still a pretty solid game and there are a lot of folks who still enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, no it's fucking not. Stop that bullshit.

At worst, WildStar still has a B2P/F2P transition, something NCsoft has been very keen on doing with its games in recent years, left in it before any possibility of it being closed down is entertained.

I don't get this near gleeful attitude of "THE GAME IS GOING TO DIE!" is coming from. Fuck that. Games dying is almost always bad. And while WildStar may not be the best game ever, it's still a pretty solid game and there are a lot of folks who still enjoy it.

Thank you.
    /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    It won't die within a year, Edge is 100% correct. I would play wildstar if it was f2p, and would probably even buy certain things like in SWTOR.

Stop talking about city of heroes, you are making me sad I loved that game. Played a kin/son defender as a dps, was so fun
    You're a towel.