10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    Played Wilstar upon release, but only stayed with it for 2-3 months.

What caused my attention to wane and then eventually drop was the need to go via attunement just get into the raids. I always remember someone commenting on mmo-c (I can't remember who) asking why we needed attunement - if people couldn't do the raid, they couldn't do the raid there was no need to add a per-requisite. Attunement really hampered the guild I was in and a lot of people dropped off much quicker than me due to it.

So, do they still have attunement?

It would be a big plus for me to return (now or at F2P) if they have removed it.
    I personally don't see attunements as any more obstructive than level requirements and loot/stat checks. As for 'if people couldn't do the raid, they couldn't do the raid' maybe that's the point, that it's there to seperate the two groups so the people who maybe can do it don't waste their time getting stuck with people that definitely can't.

Not so much advocating attunements but I never saw them as a problem either.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Don't mind Garian, he has a "reputation" in the General Discussion and Off-Topic forums.
    I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong.
    "Order" must be restored.

I loved Wildstar's soundtrack. Shame the game will fade into oblivion now.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    I do?

Indeed.

I agree regarding the quality of the soundtrack.

Shame the game will fade into oblivion now.
    The irony when the game seemed to be fading into oblivion before this announcement, F2P is what will pull the game out of it.

Chelly
    I do?

Nah, it already did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    The irony when the game seemed to be fading into oblivion before this announcement, F2P is what will pull the game out of it.
    Exactly how I feel about it. SWTOR's numbers went up with F2P, Rift soared, and even LOTRO benefited from going free to play. Most of it depends on the model, but it seems they are going with the fairness of Rift, and not the punish model of SWTOR. This could very much be a new era for the game, a chance it never had when it was subscription based. I, for one, will be sure to check it out when it goes free to play.

So are the critics happy that Wildstar is officially dead? F2P = dead.

It's a shame they caved. Oh well. Blizzard will be happy at least.

"Another one bites the dust".
    What will you call it when WOW goes F2P? Innovation?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So are the critics happy that Wildstar is officially dead? F2P = dead.
    All phoenixes must die so that they can be reborn from their ashes. Subscription only Wildstar is about to be buried, to be reborn as a beautiful and exciting version of itself. So, yes.

ps- *yawn* to any other interpretation of your drive by post.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    What will you call it when WOW goes F2P? Innovation?
    Inevitability.

Downloaded again today. Been 10 months since I played and feel quite lost :s One thing I do want is the Snarfelynx mount but sheez it's expensive. Over 60 plat on Jabbit EU. The economy obviously changed a lot since then. What's the best avenues these days for making gold and will it take long to amass 60 plat? I assume it will take some time seeing that CREDD costs about 30 plat. Still remember it going for 4 plat lol

Thanks for all the add on recommendations folks, some of these are looking really good/helpful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    All phoenixes must die so that they can be reborn from their ashes. Subscription only Wildstar is about to be buried, to be reborn as a beautiful and exciting version of itself. So, yes.

ps- *yawn* to any other interpretation of your drive by post.
    When a game stops being truly profitable, it stops receiving investment.

Wildstar had a good run, and it was a miracle that it was even published, but it lived in the shadow of a Lovecraftian monster (aka WoW).

You enjoy yourself though.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Yup, it tanked so incredibly hard and didn't show any signs of stopping. Just look at how many new people are posting here in this thread saying they're going to play it now, that's a good sign I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

It also helps that WoW blows right now...... Been wanting to revisit this game anyway. Just hated the fact that you had to jump through so many unnecessary hoops to play the content you want to play.

O and thanks for those add on suggestions.
    Last edited by Nightcrwler; 2015-05-29 at 11:19 PM.

Let's keep discussion focused on WildStar and not other MMO's please. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Let's keep discussion focused on WildStar and not other MMO's please. Thanks!
    I want a count on how many times you've said something like this in this thread. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullfu View Post
    I want a count on how many times you've said something like this in this thread. :P
    Way too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Way too many.
    About once every twenty/thirty pages or so? Alot. Alot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'm excited it's going F2P. I enjoyed it quite a bit in the beginning, beta and launch were both a lot of fun. But I lost interest much faster than I had anticipated. I was pretty much convinced this would be my new "go to" game. I will definitely play it again with it being free, I don't have as much free time on my hands, but I will log in when I have a chance. Even if it's just to explore or play around with the housing. I have to say I found the lore to be really interesting, so I'm looking forward to playing that out as well.

Well considering MMO-C has mostly WoW/Blizzard related info on its front page and a sizable chunk of the posters here probably played WoW at some point, I'm not surprised at the comparisons...

Anyway. I hope this thread stays updated with upcoming changes, I had unsubscribed from this thread but now that the game is f2p, I'll definitely be picking it up again in the fall.