10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I logged in a fastie yesterday, rolled a pink chua, jumped around and danced with other pink chuas (a couple of players in beta it seems). And I also took a look inside the shop. And Im quite picky when it comes to f2p-models, I despise Swtor one, boycotting the game because of that until they remove some of the silly ones... sure, won't happen but I'm not that bothered with boycotting for life, Aion EU... very restrictive as well so not for me, Everquest... thought I would roll a char once and play around to look at a piece of mmo history when it went f2p, looked at the f2p-model and decided that a free tour around a museum shouldn't restrict you that much. Anyway, you see where Im going, good f2p-models are important to me.
    So I took a look around the Wildstar one and as far as I'm concerned they just sell the usuals, nothing gamebreaking or game changing, considering also what you get as a free player it might be one of the best models out there.
    So if there is some chaos on the forum about game going f2p it can't be about the model right?
    No, the forum crying is all about the stat changes and perma sprint, and fears that veteran endgame content will be nerfed, even though there are no signs indicating so

Deleted
    What's up with Wildstar website? When I enter it, I get a warning that there might be some viruses.

Now I'm trying to renew my subscription and WS website is not letting me do that.

Anyone else having the same problems?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    What's up with Wildstar website? When I enter it, I get a warning that there might be some viruses.

Now I'm trying to renew my subscription and WS website is not letting me do that.

No problems here

Seems fine for me too, are you entering it through a saved link or something similar?

Deleted
    Nothing seems to work on that website, wtf.

I bought a key for 30 days from kinguin and when I'm trying to apply it, I get this message "The code has already been applied to your account." - seriously what the hell is going on?

Also when you go to "apply code", on the right you have things like "Need help applying a code:"

- Using a Serial Code
    - Applying a Game Time Card
    -I just purchased a Serial Code, where did it go?
    And when I click on any of these options I get this message:

OOPS.
    THE PAGE YOU WERE LOOKING FOR DOESN'T EXIST
    You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.
    Nothing seems to work on that website. What a disaster.

Probably purchased a code that was already used. That's why you don't buy from key resellers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Probably purchased a code that was already used. That's why you don't buy from key resellers.
    I bought codes from Kinguin hundreds of times and everything was always fine.

I bought codes from Kinguin hundreds of times and everything was always fine.
    But there's always still that risk with code resellers. They do not get their codes directly from developers/publishers, so there's always the chance they get either used codes or codes that get de-activated because they were associated with credit card fraud.

Since my favorite team won tonight and join to European league cup i'll give a NA key. Get ready i will write here in 5 mins

- - - Updated - - -

NA Beta key: PYCW1YE0UUFDWDC9D25B

You're welcome

Nothing seems to work on that website, wtf.

I bought a key for 30 days from kinguin and when I'm trying to apply it, I get this message "The code has already been applied to your account." - seriously what the hell is going on?

Also when you go to "apply code", on the right you have things like "Need help applying a code:"

And when I click on any of these options I get this message:

Nothing seems to work on that website. What a disaster.
    When I applied my beta key it also said the key was already applied. Check to see if it's been applied on your account page. Other than that though, I see no problems with the site. I would recommend doing a scan for malware if the site is really acting weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shade's eve on the ptr

Deleted
    Did you create a new account? They specifically say "This code only works for new accounts and won't add game time on old ones" in their website.

Their ssl certificate has expired so depending on your browser (or browser security settings) you might get a warning page.
    It doesn't mean their page is less secure than before, just that they let their certificate expire :P

I re-subbed for a month to check it out again and would like to try playing my 50 Medic again (healer), but I'm a little hesitant to jump straight into group content. Is there any information about expected stats for adventures / dungeons, or anyone willing to group up and allow me to re-learn?

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    No, the forum crying is all about the stat changes and perma sprint, and fears that veteran endgame content will be nerfed, even though there are no signs indicating so
    This can only be good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    I re-subbed for a month to check it out again and would like to try playing my 50 Medic again (healer), but I'm a little hesitant to jump straight into group content. Is there any information about expected stats for adventures / dungeons, or anyone willing to group up and allow me to re-learn?
    If you've been away for soooooooooo long ? DL the beta ( if your subbed your in ) make a new char and start with the level 10 training dungeon, it will let you get the hang of things again and give you the confidence to move on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    No the crying on the forums is all about Carbine going down the road of....making all the game pointless outside of raids

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    No the crying on the forums is all about Carbine going down the road of....making all the game pointless outside of raids
    I thought that was the complaint at launch though...that outside of raiding there was little to do in terms of alternate progression. And that since launch they've been doing a fantastic job of beefing out that content while also making raids more approachable for a larger group of people.

I thought that was the complaint at launch though...that outside of raiding there was little to do in terms of alternate progression. And that since launch they've been doing a fantastic job of beefing out that content while also making raids more approachable for a larger group of people.
    Depends on what you deem "meaningful" content.
    Based on initial marketing and concepts the crowd WildStar has drawn (some of who have remained faithful to that original vision) expect a challenge / reward ladder that makes sense.

Adding lots of "fluff", content that while varied would be unrewarding in terms of character progression or trivial - no challenge, doesn't count as meaningful content (under that perspective anyway).

I'm in the camp personally that would like WildStar to expand its niche, not abandon it.
    At the moment there's "holes" in the content and various fidelity problems but what's there follows that concept grosso motto.

What some fans fear (and not unjustifiably imho) is that with the shift to F2P will come a shift to "generic" as well.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was, among the other common mistakes from listening to the #hardcore/niche players. The game has developed a fantastic set of accessible content, but lacks the long term progression to keep it valuable. The content they do have is very fun, especially since it's easier for a casual player to enjoy the cosmetic/collectible/housing rewards.

But, like I said, they are missing a long tail progression and suffer from too much RNG. I guess they thought RNG would somehow keep that relevant? But it's easier to just buy better gear from the AH than to keep trying for maximum contract boxes and hope it's ideal gear.

It's why I'm curious what their response would be when pressed about solo progression b/c right now it's even shorter than Rift's was. At least for Rift's I had a lot of time I could spend doing world events, rifts, and chronicles to get a set of gear and then use currency to upgrade that gear. All the while having crafting rifts and whatnot to fill the time.

Wildstar has an even better foundation to create this sort of progression, but I think they can take it even further. Time will tell if they go that route or just add more pets and mounts for casuals to obtain. As it is I haven't played Wildstar in a dedicated fashion for at least a month (much to my wife's dismay) b/c I feel I've capped out the progress on my main and don't feel like running hundreds of challenges for housing items as a full time play schedule.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    If anyone has an EU beta key I d be very interested in checking the game out! I m planning on playing dominion! Maybe I ll add the game right next to FFXIV if I like it to keep playing