10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather they release on later in 2014, than rushing it out for spring , being a total mess. Despite the fact that i'm fiendin to play it. Theres always beta though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    I'd rather they release on later in 2014, than rushing it out for spring , being a total mess. Despite the fact that i'm fiendin to play it. Theres always beta though
    how about before more speculation on a release date we wait until the next closed beta and the state of the game. the new changes and tweaks could be just right and that would definitely put it back on track.. even if beta didnt happen till nov / dec.

I think the revamp is a result of poor marketing. The game was made for the hardcore MMO crowd. The game was marketed at the casual carebear crowd. Not surprisingly, the beta was full of casual carebear players who thought this was cute little title just for them. They play the game and discover it is harder and much more complex than the Ezmode MMOs they are used to, so they bombard Carbine with boatloads of negative feedback.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    I think the revamp is a result of poor marketing. The game was made for the hardcore MMO crowd. The game was marketed at the casual carebear crowd. Not surprisingly, the beta was full of casual carebear players who thought this was cute little title just for them. They play the game and discover it is harder and much more complex than the Ezmode MMOs they are used to, so they bombard Carbine with boatloads of negative feedback.
    Lol?

Where did you hear this? That was not a common complaint at ALL. If anything, the opposite was said.

The only thing that was "hard" was the white damage which wasn't a skill thing, it was a gear thing. White damage being unavoidable and kiting being nonexistent resulted in there being X dps to your Y hp resulting in Z time to do Q dps. That was not a "it's too hard" problem.

Like, for reals. There is nothing about the beta content that was "hard". Just grindy, dull, and gear based.

*I can't believe you called this game complex. Are you serious or is this a joke post?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty funny, the guy with the MLP avatar and sig is complaining about carebears and the girl with the screaming werewolf avatar is a casual player.

WE ARE ALL DECEPTIVE

(Shimmer that wasn't a shot at you by the way, just an observation.)
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Lol?

Where did you hear this? That was not a common complaint at ALL. If anything, the opposite was said.

The only thing that was "hard" was the white damage which wasn't a skill thing, it was a gear thing. White damage being unavoidable and kiting being nonexistent resulted in there being X dps to your Y hp resulting in Z time to do Q dps. That was not a "it's too hard" problem.

Like, for reals. There is nothing about the beta content that was "hard". Just grindy, dull, and gear based.

*I can't believe you called this game complex. Are you serious or is this a joke post?
    The power chip system is quite complex. The mob tagging was deemed "too unfriendly". Players had to pay attention to gear choices because mobs were not completely faceroll. The waves of mobs quest to get your housing plot at level 6 is substantially harder than current WoW raid content.

Nothing about pretty much any MMO is "hard" by a real world scale. The scale should be against other MMOs, games where the term "facerolling" is sadly not even hyperbole.

Our three progression paths are Solo/Small Group, Raiding, and PvP.

PvP has two stats necessary to be your most optimal in PvP (basically PvP Offense - deal more damage to players, and PvP Defense - take less damage from players) such that if you are playing against someone in non-PvP gear (say, they try to bring in raid gear), you are dealing more damage to them and taking less damage from them - while they take bonus damage from you and deal less damage to you.

Raiding also has stats necessary to be your most optimal in the raid. Strikethrough (Hit - DPS), Deflect Critical (Defense - Tank), and Recovery (Mana/Focus Regen - Healer). These are pretty-much-required to be an effective raider.

Solo/Small Group doesn't really need any stats other than the base stats to be effective. You'll need far less Strikethrough, Deflect Critical and Recovery than you would in raiding. This allows us to tune the solo gear to be more effective for soloing while lacking key stats necessary to raid.

So we can make three unique and separate progression paths for different types of players.
    PvP Gear has PvP stats
    Raid Gear has Raid stats
    Solo Gear has Base stats

There will always been some overlap - (Crafted PvP gear, a really awesome world drop that has a ton of Hit on it, Raid gear still effective for soloing, etc.) - but it should mitigate a lot of the issues inherent with a Raiding/Soloing/PvPing MMO itemization plan (i.e. getting Solo gear that's better than Raid gear, getting Raid gear that's better then PvP gear, getting PvP gear that's better than Raid gear).

CRB_J-Tal.

Is it about time Wildstar gets its own section on MMO-Champion?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1NF4M0UZ View Post
    CRB_J-Tal.
    So they are taking my idea that I proposed for WoW in PvP power, Raid power, and world power, except the fact they are likely going to screw up tuning by thinking people in the world don't need that gear. They came so close to nailing how it should be done, yet will likely have a huge flaw. Every time I want to applaud them loudly, I have to give a reserved golf clap pending absolutely no mistakes.

I'm just going to have to assume they'll balance effectively, but don't feel like it's the 'perfect' way to handle things. Otherwise, good show on finally having what I thought would be the best system for a game sans LFR. Good show *golfclap*.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Not even close I'm afraid.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    At least they pretty much confirmed they will have a robust Solo progression. I was rather skeptical on that despite what they said in some posts and videos. Most mmos always say theres lots of stuff for solo progression and then you find out Raiding/Pvping is still THE way to go to progress your character. If they are designing proper gear for that, it is a soft confirmation of Solo "dungeons" , missions, adventures etc. I know i will enjoy solo content when there isn't enough time to do dungeons or raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, not even close.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    how about before more speculation on a release date we wait until the next closed beta and the state of the game. the new changes and tweaks could be just right and that would definitely put it back on track.. even if beta didnt happen till nov / dec.
    How about we stop talking about Wildstar at all since no beta is going on at the moment and the game hasn't yet launched.

The game was made for the hardcore MMO crowd.
    Other than the 40 man raiding (which is in no way "hardcore"), what gave you the opinion it was made for the "hardcore" crowd? Everything I saw was a MMO aimed at a very broad audience.

Still a ways off in terms of thread activity and other things, especially with no word on a proper release date.

Deleted
    How about we stop talking about Wildstar at all since no beta is going on at the moment and the game hasn't yet launched.
    id rather talk about things we know, announcements, improvements etc.. rather than speculate when a game comes out going round and round and round.

The power chip system is quite complex. The mob tagging was deemed "too unfriendly". Players had to pay attention to gear choices because mobs were not completely faceroll. The waves of mobs quest to get your housing plot at level 6 is substantially harder than current WoW raid content.

Nothing about pretty much any MMO is "hard" by a real world scale. The scale should be against other MMOs, games where the term "facerolling" is sadly not even hyperbole.
    The power chip system was like Swtors mod system. Not complex at all.

Mob tagging was archaic. Not hard.

So hunters putting on of the whale gear would have a hard time? How is this new?

I didn't care enough about housing to test it much so maybe that's accurate but I doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    id rather talk about things we know, announcements, improvements etc.. rather than speculate when a game comes out going round and round and round.
    Heh. True, i'll give you that.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't care enough about housing to test it much so maybe that's accurate but I doubt it.
    I have my reservations about a introductory quest to housing being harder than raids on current MMOs.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have my reservations about a introductory quest to housing being harder than raids on current MMOs.
    There's no need. It's not even remotely close to accurate. It's not even on par with LFR in terms of difficulty. It's about as difficult as a normal scenario in WoW or chronicle in Rift.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    There's no need. It's not even remotely close to accurate. It's not even on par with LFR in terms of difficulty. It's about as difficult as a normal scenario in WoW or chronicle in Rift.
    That's what I figured.

The power chip system was like Swtors mod system. Not complex at all.

Mob tagging was archaic. Not hard.

So hunters putting on of the whale gear would have a hard time? How is this new?

The chipping system is definitely complex, especially considering that content was tuned around the expectation that even extremely low level characters would have an optimal chip setup.

I'm not really sure what you're arguing. I never said mob tagging was hard. But an open tagging system is definitely more casual friendly than a closed tagging system and the competition that comes with it.

Gear requirements for leveling is not new, its just something that most MMOs don't care about anymore. Have you played any MMOs recently? You can quest naked and still have trouble dying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Did you play beta kitty or are you talking out of your ass again? Or is this info from another of your legendary unnamed "sources"?

I shouldn't have to do this, but just a friendly reminder to be respectful of others when posting. The next reminders won't be so friendly.

Did you play beta kitty
    Yes. In fact, he got into the beta before I did.

The waves of mobs quest to get your housing plot at level 6 is substantially harder than current WoW raid content.
    lol what? The mobs are not harder then any raid content in WoW, all they did was auto attack you for half your health and at that level nobody has anything to kite with (not that it would help anyway)

The power chip system is quite complex.
    Going into something without knowing before hand will always seem complex, in no way was the power chip system complex nor if it was defines the game as "hardcore"

Players had to pay attention to gear choices because mobs were not completely faceroll.
    Mobs were still faceroll, white damage is not. You have no control over white damage besides gearing defensively. The mobs themselves actually did almost nothing interesting. And pay attention to gear choices? All the player had to do was select the defense oriented one out of the 3 quest reward choices.... hardly warranted anything strategic.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.