10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if theres some videos out there with Mechari female and Cassian Male gameplay. Probably what ill be rolling as.

Deleted
    I read reddit about pvp and it sure sounds promising and epicness. However, I wont expect much until I see it launched and live.. a pvp player cant take disappointments of new mmos all the time. I will be happy and surprised if they manage to pull it off, but I remain sceptical
    I hope they add some small cute race as one of the last, otherwise it seems like I will be stuck as bunny :P Spellslinger seems interesting though. If anyone remember the band Aqua, get the song "cartoon heroes" in my head then thinking about the game, hehe. Not really overwhelmingly my kind of design, but if they manage to pull it off pvp wise it and is not too costy as in p2p I might live with playing as a bunny... or as a "cute" goblin.. some of you expect that as one of the two last ones right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I will be happy and surprised if they manage to pull it off, but I remain skeptical.
    Same, I think the major reason I'm following WildStar is because there is simply nothing out now, nor on the horizon, that even vaguely interests me MMO-wise. I like how little hype and attention WildStar is attracting compared to other projects like Elder Scrolls. After TOR, AoC, WAR, etc, etc... I've developed something like an allergy to hype.

I'm hoping for an MMO that can keep me interested for months at a time, like WoW did. However, I'm doubtful that Carbine, or anyone else at this point, can actually pull it off.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    developed something like an allergy to hype.
    The problem is that there is a thing such as the ball rolling too slowly. We don't know what their time frame for recouping the investment is, but if enough people don't buy the game at launch, regardless of the payment model, they are going to be in a scary place. As much as we all don't like the hype train on MMOs, it's why the still exist. If games like GW2, Tera, and SWTOR didn't have millions sold right out of the gate, they would have basically been DOA.

Sure they would all probably transition F2P, but it would happen immediately instead of after a period of time. Maybe this would actually be a better development for a game? Who knows? I just don't see immediate failure as something that will contribute to a game's success (perceived or otherwise). There's just something about Wildstar that seems like they are a sleeper with some big guns hiding up their sleeve until the moment is right.

I suspect their commercials will bombard tv's around thanksgiving, getting everyone and their brother in line to buy 'that new game that looks like it was made by Pixar'. I think the initial sales will be made up of a lot of people that may have never played MMOs before, just because of the aesthetic and personality.

Just picture our smug Cassian friend or Redneck exile clips shortened into commercial form. I will be glorious!
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? While I would like WSO to be "my" next MMO. I don't really care all that much anymore. Especially after WAR, and spending a year plus in its Beta, I've realized that none of it is actually on me. We've seen what "works," and what doesn't, over the last five plus years. Like with BioWare and TOR, the mistakes are the developer's to make. Not ours. No matter how much I "test & suggest" or how much I spend on and hype up a game. A bad design, is a bad design. A niche design, is a niche design.

So while it can be fun to ponder, debate, and pontificate. Its all just bytes in the denial of service attack. Hopefully NCSoft has learned that too, they should have by now, and doesn't set their expectations or marketing budget too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully NCSoft has learned that too, they should have by now, and doesn't set their expectations or marketing budget too high.
    I think the only thing they've realized is that MMOs make money, they make money being made/presented differently than the 'other guys', and maybe that's what they feel comfortable doing? I've always wondered when it's a company making the MMO and someone like NCSoft publishing....do the companies seek out publishers, or are the publishers looking for more MMOs.

Because depending on the genre it can go either way, just didn't know if we had insight into the actual process for games like this.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Any info on stats? Will it be your average strength, agi, stam, intel etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Any info on stats? Will it be your average strength, agi, stam, intel etc?
    Same principle for basic stats, though different names. Technology, Magic, etc. I think each spec of the classes has one primary stat, like a warrior tank uses technology as a primary but the dps uses strength or w/e.

They haven't given too many details, but have said their item modification system will be able to accomplish the same things as enchanting, gemming, etc covers in WoW. TBH that parts sounds like a rip off of SWTOR and isn't anything impressive, but it's possible that it will be a step up from that.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I think the only thing they've realized is that MMOs make money, they make money being made/presented differently than the 'other guys', and maybe that's what they feel comfortable doing? I've always wondered when it's a company making the MMO and someone like NCSoft publishing....do the companies seek out publishers, or are the publishers looking for more MMOs.

Because depending on the genre it can go either way, just didn't know if we had insight into the actual process for games like this.
    New companies have to look for sponsors/publishers, and Carbine is a new company. I'm sure they were the ones approaching NCSoft first. I'm also sure NCSoft wasn't the only one they spoke to, they probably just gave them the best conditions.
    It's certainly the other way around with bigger, established companies, like Bioware being absorbed into EA.

10+ Year Old Account
    So there's two more classes to be released. I wonder what they could be? I'm thinking one of them will be a pet class.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-03-28 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    So there's two more classes to be released. I wonder what they could be? I'm thinking one of them will be a pet class.
    Wouldn't be surprised with a ranged tank (here's where a pet class could work)/dps and melee dps/healer. Right now classes are just about in a perfect balance, 2 melee tanks, 2 ranged healers, 2 melee and 2 ranged dps, so it could make sense. I'm probably wrong, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised with a ranged tank (here's where a pet class could work)/dps and melee dps/healer. Right now classes are just about in a perfect balance, 2 melee tanks, 2 ranged healers, 2 melee and 2 ranged dps, so it could make sense. I'm probably wrong, though.
    I think getting the kamikaze space rhino mission, from the little guys many suspect is the 4th Dominion race, is a big hint that one, if not both, of the remaining classes are "pet" classes. Personally I suspect one will actually be a "pet" class and the other will be a "turret" class.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game certainly could use an Engineer. They are FotY classes for games...and my steampunk sensibilities can't get enough of it. As 'cool' as the one in GW2 was, it needs some serious love.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    This game certainly could use an Engineer. They are FotY classes for games...and my steampunk sensibilities can't get enough of it. As 'cool' as the one in GW2 was, it needs some serious love.
    What would they call the class though? Considering that they already have one called Spellslinger, really should have gone with Guncaster instead, I'll predict the turret class is called the "Enginseer."

Or does GW have that TM'd?

Now what will the "pet" class be called? Beastmaster? Beastkeeper? Rangineer? Mother-in-law Tamer? Dora the Destroya? John Riccitiello?

10+ Year Old Account
    What would they call the class though? Considering that they already have one called Spellslinger, really should have gone with Guncaster instead, I'll predict the turret class is called the "Enginseer."

Or does GW have that TM'd?

Now what will the "pet" class be called? Beastmaster? Beastkeeper? Rangineer? Mother-in-law Tamer? Dora the Destroya? John Riccitiello?
    I mean they could go simple and call it a Tinker, it would fit the naming styles they already have. Technically that could be a pet and/or turret class, with bombs and whatnot. Really anything goes. I'd prefer that to be a ranged class, so I can see potions and bombs galore getting chucked out.

I don't really want another copy pasta hunter pet class, so I'd prefer the ranged class be an engineer type and have a melee class with some pets. Also, while spellslingers *use* magic, the esper is the only straight caster they have. I would expect there to be at least 2 straight out casters, though if the Engi is ranged I guess it fits that role.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean they could go simple and call it a Tinker, it would fit the naming styles they already have. Technically that could be a pet and/or turret class, with bombs and whatnot. Really anything goes. I'd prefer that to be a ranged class, so I can see potions and bombs galore getting chucked out.

I don't really want another copy pasta hunter pet class, so I'd prefer the ranged class be an engineer type and have a melee class with some pets. Also, while spellslingers *use* magic, the esper is the only straight caster they have. I would expect there to be at least 2 straight out casters, though if the Engi is ranged I guess it fits that role.
    They could call it THE TINKERNATOR! Though that reminds me of "the tinklenator," nickname for my dog, so I would have a hard time taking it seriously.

Well the pet class in WAR, White Lion, was melee and it was interesting. Might suck not to have a "my pet can tank" analog class for WSO though.

They could call it THE TINKERNATOR! Though that reminds me of "the tinklenator," nickname for my dog, so I would have a hard time taking it seriously.

Well the pet class in WAR, White Lion, was melee and it was interesting. Might suck not to have a "my pet can tank" analog class for WSO though.
    There's also a soul in rift for warriors that is melee with a tiger companion.

BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL! I HAVE THE POOOOWWWAARRRRR

Would be interesting if there was a melee / pet class that could ride their pet.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-03-28 at 05:12 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account

Well the pet class in WAR, White Lion, was melee and it was interesting.
    Did you get off early and have bars with free WiFi near you?

Rift can have some melee pet stuff going on, I mean it's not really anything involved like with any other game and pet classes. Even as a beastmaster hunter in WoW, I look at my pet specific buttons in my rotation as just my dps buttons. I don't even notice when my pet is dead until I can't use those buttons.

Would be interesting to see a more involved pet class, but that's why I like engineer concepts because it at least seems well suited for some intricate play. You know, set up a turret, place your robo posion chicken bot for a while, etc. Like maybe if the pets were only out for a certain time so you had a different rotation while they were out by utilizing their abilities with your own. idk.

I'm ready for the work day to be over.
    BAD WOLF

What if the pet class was an evil mad scientist of sorts? It could use all sorts of mechanical contraptions, poisonous creations, and it can fill a comical evil class stereotype that is lacking from the current list of classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you get off early and have bars with free WiFi near you?

Rift can have some melee pet stuff going on, I mean it's not really anything involved like with any other game and pet classes. Even as a beastmaster hunter in WoW, I look at my pet specific buttons in my rotation as just my dps buttons. I don't even notice when my pet is dead until I can't use those buttons.

Would be interesting to see a more involved pet class, but that's why I like engineer concepts because it at least seems well suited for some intricate play. You know, set up a turret, place your robo posion chicken bot for a while, etc. Like maybe if the pets were only out for a certain time so you had a different rotation while they were out by utilizing their abilities with your own. idk.

I'm ready for the work day to be over.
    I so wish that was true.

I'm just ready for the day to be over too and have tomorrow off.

More involved pet classes wold be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    What if the pet class was an evil mad scientist of sorts? It could use all sorts of mechanical contraptions, poisonous creations, and it can fill a comical evil class stereotype that is lacking from the current list of classes.
    That's what some suspect it will be since the first time we've seen us meet what some believe is the 4th Dominion race. They've stuck antennas in the noggins of space rhinos, strapped bombs to them, and want you to kamikaze them into camps of poachers. So having them be mad scientists with all sorts of contraptions would fit quite well.

Personally, story-wise, I suspect that the possibly frankenstein-like 4th Exile race will be the creations of the 4th Dominion race that escaped their control.