Sadly no mayo, and no eggs to have home made mayo *weep*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    I haven't delved into high level healing in tera, but are "hits closest party members" or "choose a place for ground aoe heals" the auto target ones tend to have a cast time as well.

Sorry for the off-topic

Oh so WS healing still the best design i have experienced so far
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2014-07-30 at 06:28 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Yeah, I didn't announce it in the thread or anything. I didn't feel like logging in one night, that became two, three, ten, whatever. I got really into
    Yeah I did one day of the new patch, saw that it didn't add anything to do except 15ish more dailies a day, the world boss which is mostly just standing in a field for hours, and I went running and screaming. Luckily GW2 S2 started and LotRO is always there to comfort me with it's warm, old school charm to tell me everything is going to be ok haha. I didn't resub to WoW though, so I consider my overall time playing Wildstar to be a success. SWTOR launches their new expansion with housing soon, Firefall just launched, getting back into Hearthstone b/c of Naxx, and D3 will have a major patch soon. Wildstar is up against some intense competition for my attention and short of a dramatic reversal of all bad, it's probably going to fade into my nostalgia bank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    Sadly no mayo, and no eggs to have home made mayo *weep*
    Well when you get a chance, do it right. I imagine the best combination (in my stomach brain) would be the Rooster + Miracle Whip on a grilled burger or chicken as you prefer. If you can add pepperjack or a smoked cheese in the mix, along with some bacon....you are going to have a good day. I like to season my burgers in heavy Worcestershire and either Season All or Cavenders greek seasoning. I feel fat even talking about this. I need to run when I get home.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    I think TERA is the only MMO i didnt try. Is healing similar as Wildstar ?
    Its not offtopic really as it is obvious wildstar lifted its action combat, at least in theme, from TERA, but didn’t quite go far enough and rely too much on templates.

Okay to sum up Tera, it has the most amazing combat system I have ever seen in an MMO but anything out side of that aspect is complete and utter shit.

Healing was very fps or tps, you had to target people with a recticle to heal them. Some classes had dodges, some had flip escapes (flip over to the back of your enemy) and some classes would block. Blocking is quite amazing feeling when the enemy slams into you and drives you back 10-20 feet. I played a dual weapon warrior who would flip over enemies and I would spin the camera around and rampage on thier rears while spinning around them.

The game is free to play now so you can go try it, unfortunately the combat system is the only thing I can give a good review to.

Look, I don't think there is any point in discussing why people go back to wow. It happens in every new MMO. My plan is to buy 1-3 CREDD before sub runs out, keep all the money and resub to wow. I don't know if it will go f2p but it will definitely survive as one, no doubt about that.

I am starting to see the flaw in Wildstar's plan for raiding. There is a reason why Molten Core, Karazhan, Naxxramas Wrath were so loved and why the cataclysm and mists raids weren't. You guys seeing the pattern? Those 3 raids were easier compared to the introduction raids of the past 2 expansions of wow. There is very little casual love for the game right now because of how perverted its raiding scene is right now.

I don't care how many choose to discuss the benefits of hardcore raiding but the game needs some casual love big time. Molten Core had it with its insanely easy difficulty and 40 player requirement (bonds were easily formed) and unfortunately this game has almost 0.

It sucks. This game has an extremely good combat system, story is very good, zones are good, music is fantastic, and art style is wonderful. Why they chose such a route this early for the game compared to other MMOs is beyond me though.

Quote Originally Posted by FattGuy View Post
    Look, I don't think there is any point in discussing why people go back to wow. It happens in every new MMO. My plan is to buy 1-3 CREDD before sub runs out, keep all the money and resub to wow. I don't know if it will go f2p but it will definitely survive as one, no doubt about that.
    I thought the CREDD you've bought expires in a few months if you don't have an active account.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I thought the CREDD you've bought expires in a few months if you don't have an active account.
    May expire ^_^ in 3 months of inactive account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah I did one day of the new patch, saw that it didn't add anything to do except 15ish more dailies a day, the world boss which is mostly just standing in a field for hours, and I went running and screaming. Luckily GW2 S2 started and LotRO is always there to comfort me with it's warm, old school charm to tell me everything is going to be ok haha. I didn't resub to WoW though, so I consider my overall time playing Wildstar to be a success. SWTOR launches their new expansion with housing soon, Firefall just launched, getting back into Hearthstone b/c of Naxx, and D3 will have a major patch soon. Wildstar is up against some intense competition for my attention and short of a dramatic reversal of all bad, it's probably going to fade into my nostalgia bank.
    I won't ever go back to WoW because it's just not for me anymore (for many reasons.) I don't really play any other MMOs... if I had to choose one to go back to, it would probably be FF14 because it's got the nicest everything except for combat and endgame. Wildstar has poisoned me, and I don't think I can go back to tab target games. They're very boring in comparison.

I wouldn't mind leveling new characters and going through the world story of FF14 again just to hear the amazing music and see the beautiful zones.

D3's getting a patch, though? That is intensely interesting. I quit D3 right after my DH got the 4set on that thing that lets you summon all the pets at once because I was depressed about losing my Garwulf cape and then WS came out. That may be worth looking back into, though, if something major is happening. I have not been following it at all.

I actually really enjoyed the Strain drop. I don't think anything WS did drove me away from it (other than the raids being not for me since I prefer small raids.) Just.. all my WoW friends don't want to play WS, or they've quit MMOs altogether, and that's what I play 'em for - my friends. So no friends means no playing. I mostly blame my brother for putting me on a stupid PvE server. If I were on Evindra I might be happy to just log in and RP with people, but I don't have the heart to level a character to 50 again because dyes and mounts aren't account wide (nor are achievements) and I'm probably too shy to seek out RP with strangers anyway.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Once Wod comes out if I return to wildstar in any capacity it will be to run through pvp matches and collect resources to funnel into PVP. It has quick queues, your efforts will be rewarded with pvp gear without having to marry a hardcore guild and I don't have to spend an hour in there with my balls stuck in the malgrave trail sandtraps. And this is coming from someone who doesn't typically like PVP, I havent put any effort into PVP since City of Heroes.

And the malgrave trail comment is to say that an hour dragging npcs through a desert is too long for an adventure. I want to do it once and never do it again.

Deleted
    I am starting to see the flaw in Wildstar's plan for raiding. There is a reason why Molten Core, Karazhan, Naxxramas Wrath were so loved and why the cataclysm and mists raids weren't. You guys seeing the pattern? Those 3 raids were easier compared to the introduction raids of the past 2 expansions of wow. There is very little casual love for the game right now because of how perverted its raiding scene is right now.

I don't care how many choose to discuss the benefits of hardcore raiding but the game needs some casual love big time. Molten Core had it with its insanely easy difficulty and 40 player requirement (bonds were easily formed) and unfortunately this game has almost 0.

It sucks. This game has an extremely good combat system, story is very good, zones are good, music is fantastic, and art style is wonderful. Why they chose such a route this early for the game compared to other MMOs is beyond me though.
    This is where the 40-man raiding belongs: They should be the easy introduction; this would help many problems: less strict recruiting, more social bonds, less impact of (inevitable) lag and hardware problems (40-man is way more demanding CPU-wise).

It is a general rule that difficulty should negatively correlate with the number of players (that is, more players <-> lower potential difficulty) because of reasons, a part of these are stated above.

I swore off WoW after last winter when we killed Garrosh and got up to like 10/13H or so. But I had so much fun as Brewmaster, that I could see myself going back under one condition: I had a solid 10man raiding force for the expansion. Mists was a PITA because we only had like 5 really competent people in the group, 3 okay people, and 2 pug and/or mouth-breather slots that were constantly dying and/or had to train. It was a big drain on my enthusiasm, and if I had to deal with it again, I would just quit immediately at this point.

And I don't see how T14 was all that difficult. The major impediment was just how stupid the Garalon fight was. The rest was relatively decent. The stack-passing was tedious instead of difficult IMHO, which is bad. The next fight after that I really hated was Dark Shaman, because you could get RNG one-shot and juggling like 6 different kinds of aoe or ground target effects along with stacks was very stressful.
    Last edited by stellvia; 2014-07-30 at 07:18 PM.

I'm really enjoying the game and I recognize the problems but will stick with it while they fix them!
    That's what Gamon wants you, No, needs you to believe. Because Gamon is not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greektoast View Post
    I'm really enjoying the game and I recognize the problems but will stick with it while they fix them!
    What do you primarily spend your time doing, if you don't mind me asking? Also, what do you see are these problems that you recognize?
    BAD WOLF

The biggest point I am trying to make is that the attunement is completely unnecessary. Anything you have to do in it that has anything to do with actually raiding you would have to do anyways. Need the veteran dungeon silver? Well you need gear out of those dungeons anyways to even think about farting in a raid. Veteran dungeons are no joke, you will not beat them with even 1 person who doesn’t know what they are doing. Everyone has to be capable and run them over and over again until they have enough gear to even fart in the first raid bosses general direction.

To keep casuals out of the content? Casuals dont care about raiding, but it does keep casual raiders out. The veteran dungeons do this already, no pug groups are going to be getting past this point to get gear to go raid with. Keeps unskilled people out? Veteran dungeons do this, if you don’t have the skills to pay the bills then you never get past point C to get to D.

Have to kill 10 world bosses? Why? To learn to stay out of red things on the ground? Veteran Dungeons do this better. I can stand on the sidelines and watch you down the world boss and leap out at the last second and slap its ass to get the credit, cant be done in a vet dungeon.

Stupid puzzel rooms? Ooooh, hard stuff. I had to click on some monitors a few times until that section unlocked. Nothing to do with raiding.

Solo elemental boss? That thing was easier than anything else in this game. Get on your hoverboard whenever you cant do damage, when the red circle comes out jump down in the center and stay out of red, when it is done jump up and squirt the boss, do dmg and repeat. Normal level 20 dungeons do more to teach you raiding than this guy, none the less veteran dungeons.

Okay you want to come out of the gate with hardcore raid content, hide it behind useless gates not to mention high computer processing requirements for less than 10% of the player base AND not give anything worthwhile to the other 90% for endgame except for dailies and housing? Not going to work out well in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Of course their solution now is to just nerf the crafted stuff rather that buffing instance loot, go figure
    Why improve everyone's situation so that tackling content is more rewarding when you can just make it more of a waste of your time? At least everyone will know leveling anything other than Tech/Art is a waste of time and can save money while leveling.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Well you need gear out of those dungeons anyways to even think about farting in a raid.
    Sadly, no. Crafted gear with good runes is more than enough (at least for tank/dps) and better than most of the loots in adventure/dungeon, the materials are cheap/easy to farm, and you can sell the pieces of gear you don't need. I earned money doing my gear.

I've seen nothing but massive love for Tier 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    What do you primarily spend your time doing, if you don't mind me asking? Also, what do you see are these problems that you recognize?

To make it easier, I'll just split it up into pros and cons. These are just my opinions IN NO WAY AM I SAYING THAT EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THIS OPINION.

Pros:
    • Making plat by farming mobs, hitting EP cap, etc. I like making gold. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. I can do it as a brainless activity while watching Gilmore Girls (awkward) or The Office and not have to drag my attention away from the shows.
    • Playing on different alts (I've always been an altoholic).
    • PVP, but not currently. This is a pro and con. I love PvP and I love the way this game handles it. Honestly, this is one of the biggest reasons I cannot go back to WoW. The fact that PvP isn't stun, after stun, after stun is exciting. Combat in general just works well with it too. Healing in it is amazing, compared to how it was done in the other game.
    • Being a part of a guild again where everyone is trying to achieve things together. Most of my WoW guilds pretty much stopped this. Everyone took the solo route, stopped logging on or stopped talking completely. I was in Entropy on Hellscream with about 800 members in total, and at any one point there were about 3-4 people online. When they were on, they didn't talk. It was very, very lonely.

Cons:
    • PVP- Oh lord, as much as I love the PvP it is bad right now. And I know that Carbine is fixing it this week, but holy crap it's a mess. This is the biggest reason I miss WoW for multiple reasons. First of all, the rating system is a mess, gear is a mess and faction imbalance is a mess. I don't need to go further into each of these problems as their pretty much self explanatory or have been mentioned. Also, I'm really not a fan of only having two battlegrounds. I know we'll get more over time, like we're getting sabotage, but ugh. Halls of the Bloodsworn is... well impossible as an Exile (at least on my realm). No one communicates, which is not a Wildstar problem. But nevertheless. I also very much miss Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest type battlegrounds. They were always my favorite and I'm bummed that Wildstar has none as of now.
    • Dungeon Attunement... so many mixed feelings on this. People think it's alright, and it may very well be for some. Personally, though I'm having problems getting this part done. My guild is currently running two groups. I'm a medic healer. I cannot dps because medic dps right now is awful and I feel bad weighing my group down. So I'm sorta stuck on the outside looking in because you CANNOT pug the silver requirement. It's absolutely impossible. And I know there are other ways that I could go about achieving this part of attunement, but that's not the point.
    • I think that optimization needs to be more focused on. I know it takes time but a month ago we were told that they made ground breaking discoveries about AMD CPU and it would be out shortly. Still nothing.
    • The world doesn't feel connected like in WoW.
    • I know this is probably unpopular, but I really do not like the community manager. He seems to be just fooling around all the time and a bit narcissistic which bugs me. He really needs to start treating his job like it's a job and not a 24/7 party.

I honestly love this game and I love what they're doing. I don't doubt that if enough people voice their opinions about certain problems, the problems will be addressed. I have the patience to wait it out. I know you (Kelimbror) see CREDD as this awful thing that makes Carbine money grabbing and evil, but honestly, I think it's an exciting system. I would so much prefer this as a way for them to get extra quick cash outside of subs, than doing what WoW has been doing and selling mounts, pets, gear (I know it was only three pieces, but still) for $30. Then add the fact that the boost to 90 exists.... I just feel like Wildstar has the opportunity to become more and more over time.

I usually disagree with the dissenters and may act like a fanboy (I'm not, trust me), but that's only because I just don't see a point to arguing and complaining about things that are out of our control. CREDD is in the game. It's there. There's nothing to be said about it. The system is in place and nothing will change. Same goes for other reasons people tend to write off the game (i.e. art style, combat system, etc.). I personally don't find the questing system too exciting, but I can ignore it in order to look at other things the game does well.

Please don't flame me for my opinions.

Tl;dr: I like the game. It has problems. Let's enjoy it either way.
    That's what Gamon wants you, No, needs you to believe. Because Gamon is not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.

Deleted
    LOL I'd pay my subs just to watch wildstar weekly each week!

Playing wildstar and loving it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greektoast View Post
    • Making plat by farming mobs, hitting EP cap, etc. I like making gold. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. I can do it as a brainless activity while watching Gilmore Girls (awkward) or The Office and not have to drag my attention away from the shows.
    • Playing on different alts (I've always been an altoholic).
    • PVP, but not currently. This is a pro and con. I love PvP and I love the way this game handles it. Honestly, this is one of the biggest reasons I cannot go back to WoW. The fact that PvP isn't stun, after stun, after stun is exciting. Combat in general just works well with it too. Healing in it is amazing, compared to how it was done in the other game.
    • Being a part of a guild again where everyone is trying to achieve things together. Most of my WoW guilds pretty much stopped this. Everyone took the solo route, stopped logging on or stopped talking completely. I was in Entropy on Hellscream with about 800 members in total, and at any one point there were about 3-4 people online. When they were on, they didn't talk. It was very, very lonely.
    Don't take this as trying to flame you for your opinions, but these activities can be done in any MMO and arguably better in several others that aren't Wildstar. The number of guilds trying to achieve things together are pretty few and far between. Most of them are too busy falling apart or jumping ship in cutthroat attunement politics. Probably the worst guild environment I've ever seen in an MMO since TBC WoW. So I really don't know what has mesmerized you into feeling so positively about these specific aspects, honestly. I just don't get it. As an olive branch...as a hetero, married man I can tell you that I love Gilmore Girls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    LOL I'd pay my subs just to watch wildstar weekly each week!

Playing wildstar and loving it
    I know you feel some strange pressure to keep making posts like this when people are having critical discussion about the game, but this post is as awkward as it is ridiculous. You would pay a subscription to a game just to watch the equivalent of a podcast about the game. What you do with your money is your own business, but that is straight up illogical.
    BAD WOLF