[Tin Foil Hat Thread] Writing Contest FAQ

Q: What's an ocularian?
    A: That is not seen which can eternal spy, for in strange aeons even sight may lie.

I noticed this in the rules FAQ for the writing contest as a reference to something in the introduction, now I'll be the first to pick flaws that this is an absolutely silly thing to split hairs about and it's almost certainly intended as a little joke or reference that might already be clear that I don't get (after all it's also a StarCraft and Diablo contest and I don't know anything about those) but I'm ready to make an arse out of myself and say it piqued my interest.

"In strange aeons even sight may lie." Could this be a very discreet reference that maybe the extent of what we see is not entirely complete?

Here it comes; what if there's a big ol' continent in WoW that we can't see yet...?

Go go internet specualtion machine! Have fun with it

Well that would certainly fit in with the fact that no one from the Eastern Kingdoms of Kalimdor has ever been to Pandaria, on top of the fact that the globe in the Dragonwrath questline showed a big empty mass of water with mists covering it (the back side of Azeroth we never see). And the name of the supposed expac, Mists of Pandaria, given the other details, could definitely allude to the fact that Pandaria is hidden in some way or another.

It's a parody of one of Lovecraft's most famous lines
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die."

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree in the logic with that theres a continent we do not see, because even sight can lie.

And we know Blizzard loves Lovecraft.
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

Ocularian is also an anagram for; Anal Curio, Aural Coin, Aural Icon. Make of this what you will, let the tin foil hat be your guide.