Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shadow priest need more survivability

Title speaks for it self I love play on my shadow priest but i find it hard to survive against rogues dks warriors .
    Would be so much nicer if shadow form reduce damage by more then its already does or dispersion also regent hp or something like that.
    I wonder if u SP guys think the same Am not talking major change but something that would help us a bit
    Am interested what is your look at it and maybe what ideas u have.
    I read somewhere that their periods attract bears. ... You hear that, Ed? BEARS! Now you are putting the whole station in jeopardy

i agree, i think just making shadowform take less dmg would be fine.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You posted a few days ago saying your priest was lvl71 or something if I remember correctly...

At 85 with a good amount of resil it's a different story.

I know a spriest(Elcius @ Tichondrius) that is damn near impossible to kill. I've seen him go 1v8 in Tol Barad and prevail. 20k shields + prayer and renew along with all the mitigation that shadow form and dispersion give make them just as tough or tougher to kill than other casters... (IMO)

Keep yourself bubbled, with prayer of mending on yourself if possible. Don't leave shadowform if you are going to be taking damage at all. Try to learn the other classes and specs just as much as your own, as you will need to learn when to use Dispersion in order to survive their burst.

Yeh it 85 now I do know u right with gear etc still even with same gear man my ass is handed to me And am not silly player
    I do have holes in my game still man we could use this inch more

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 03:55 AM ----------

And thank you for heads up as well
    I read somewhere that their periods attract bears. ... You hear that, Ed? BEARS! Now you are putting the whole station in jeopardy

Solo, yea you are going to die. SPriest needs to be near buddies to survive in PvP. Your dots, dmg reduction and self heals are all inferior to other classes. With the recent nerf to dot dmg, you are expected to stand there and cast and channel, which gets you dead fast. Play as a team, or roll a solo juggernaught class like mage or warrior.

Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm, disperse regen HP? It already does that, I believe. 36% mana+health, if im not mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I think shadow needs two things:

1. Mind Flay should be castable on movement (maybe at slightly reduced speed). Every other cloth class gets a slow, shadow needs one as well. Mild Flay in its current form is not a slow, as it requires you to stop dead in your tracks. Or at least make Mind Flay slow the opponent few seconds after you stopped channeling.

2. Dispersion should regenerate some set amount of health. This will be on-par with other classes defensive cooldowns. OR make it increase your movement speed.

Another solution I see:

Add a talent which makes Fade work as a (shorter, slower) Sprint. This could be combined with Phantasm actually. The change would be minimal and the shadow would get an escape/kiting ability without changing how the class works

Edit: of cours eI mean Mind Flay and not Mind Melt... that's what you get for not sleeping and workign too much.

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 05:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Umm, disperse regen HP? It already does that, I believe. 36% mana+health, if im not mistaken.
    You are mistaken. It only regens mana.
    Last edited by mafao; 2011-08-16 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raze666 View Post
    Title speaks for it self I love play on my shadow priest but i find it hard to survive against rogues dks warriors .
    Would be so much nicer if shadow form reduce damage by more then its already does or dispersion also regent hp or something like that.
    I wonder if u SP guys think the same Am not talking major change but something that would help us a bit
    I refute your claim your class can one shot people in arena with dots and vampiric touch alone the fact this topic is up is hilarious its like a rouge QQ about not being able to survive even though they can hit like a truck. Anyways why don't you try to play one of the unbalanced classes in PvP and come back to me with your comments.

Anyways why don't you try to play one of the unbalanced classes in PvP and come back to me with your comments.
    Last I checked, Shadow was crap in arena in any composition not involving an Affliction Warlock to provide dispel protection for the SPriest's dots.

Let me know if that has changed in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkconas View Post
    I refute your claim your class can one shot people in arena with dots and vampiric touch alone the fact this topic is up is hilarious its like a rouge QQ about not being able to survive even though they can hit like a truck. Anyways why don't you try to play one of the unbalanced classes in PvP and come back to me with your comments.
    You really must not have resilience. Takes setup to be able to do that and to get some range since you getting sat on/trained the whole time. you CAN take 75% of someones life but that includes being able to cast and using wings/trinket and power torrent helps. There is a reason people sit on Spriests...easiest class in the game to shutdown without some kinda peels. Not too easy but easy...you know what I mean. Anywho dont make outlandish claims about pvp especially about lolspriests. They might as well have a butt in there face when they go in arena..Mostly sat on 100 to 0% (hello melee cleaves). Spriests are getting by and that seems to be enough for blizz.

Deleted
    Well, they screwed us up in cata tbh. In icc-patch in wotlk they fixed us to work pretty well in pvp. And then they gave us an unnecessary OPness last patch before cata. I couldn't play that patch and played beta instead to see how we were working there... big difference and I never expected it to last on live. We were as crappy as could be.
    Anyway, they didn't change much of this actually, which is a bit sad considering they took us a bit serious in icc-patch. Lots of suffering because of pve balance unfortunately and seems like they cant think of things that gives us improvement pvp that doesn't affect pve much.

What would affect pve is probably that we get back our self heals to what it was in wotlk. Not OP but needed for survivalbility. Making dispersion give us health is something that wouldn't affect pve much, just save some healer a wee bit of mana.. no gamebreaking issue so that's something we actually could have.

They should handle dots same way as colussus smash, since we got hit by dot nerf for pve reasons, they should have adapted it damage pve/damage pvp. At least they would have changed DP this way because it was something that could give us some useful initial damage (before dispelled). DP can only be cast on one target at time so I dont understand why they even nerfed it for pve.

Fade could be working better as well, and not affecting pve much so they got things to work with.

I currently play mostly on my mage, and I have been patient and understanding on their treatment of spriests but atm I just play it casually hoping for a fix. Waiting for fix for spriest is probably what is still keeping me in game, and slack on fix will probably be what makes me leave the game.

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 06:52 AM ----------

Ah, and to add. We wanted a burst, and we needed it, but we didn't want to rely on it... especially since it's rare that we get to stand and channel stuff (really rare). If they want us to stand and channel we could use something like power infusion or icy veins.

Deleted
    Shadow priests tank alot of damage, the problem is really the mobility. DKs and warriors have literally 99% uptime on spriests, you have to fake cast all the time, but you lose damage quite quickly. Just something more for mobility would be nice, perhaps a 30% slow on devouring plague. This I would not think is OP since it only applies to one target. Perhaps a buff to inner will? Wouldn´t be so bad since you gotta sacrifice damage for inner will.

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 10:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    Last I checked, Shadow was crap in arena in any composition not involving an Affliction Warlock to provide dispel protection for the SPriest's dots.

Let me know if that has changed in any way.
    Actually they do decently with mages and dks, so like 3 viable 3s comp.

Deleted
    I'd rather see shadow being more tanky/selfhealing/damagereducing than making it into another kiter-class. I don't see why every ranged has to be a kiting class, they are already too many imo.

Also, Mind Flay is a slow, but not a kiting move. You can still mindflay people running after someone else who runs off for that matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    I'd rather see shadow being more tanky/selfhealing/damagereducing than making it into another kiter-class. I don't see why every ranged has to be a kiting class, they are already too many imo.

Also, Mind Flay is a slow, but not a kiting move. You can still mindflay people running after someone else who runs off for that matter.
    Yea, I liked that in icc-patch, we had our selfheals as they were and dots just started to making the damage worth the name since haste worked on them. We also had betted cd on psychic horror and all that together made us work fine even without having kiting spree. It's just wierd these days, they want us to burst with channeled spells but haven't given us anything to ease it up. Something to prevent interrupts is needed then if they want to keep us that way. But I must say I prefer dot and tank to run and channel, more like we used to instead of half gimped wannabe arcane mages

Except that if you are a shadowpriest in arena, you WILL be the first focus target, regardless of comp... unless for some reason there is a 2nd spriest with lower health :P So it will almost never be viable for this.

Once you have 3.8k+ resil it's not nearly as bad, careful use of dispersion, make sure to spam pw:s on yourself, use fade to remove movement impairments, etc (WTB Gift of naruu usable w/o leaving shadowform though )

DKs and Warriors are the hardest to get away from imo, basically you will require your teammates to keep them off of you. (druid roots are win for this)
    If you are going to arena as shadow, jsut remember you are now a PvP tank with limited tools to do that job :P

Ok, this is also an attractive idea for the spec. In this case, what do you think about something like: interrupting mind spike never locks out the priest out of the shadow school (silence effects still work). On the other hand, some hp regen while dispersed could really be the solution.

Uhm Shadow Priests are in good spot atm , if u are having trouble with surviability u either need more resi or u are doing something wrong

Shadow Priests atm are very good and have good tools for PvP, OP needs to give us more info if he wants help/tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Uhm Shadow Priests are in good spot atm , if u are having trouble with surviability u either need more resi or u are doing something wrong

Shadow Priests atm are very good and have good tools for PvP, OP needs to give us more info if he wants help/tips.
    duels wise shadow gets ripped by melee but in arena with partners who can peel shadow is doing ok...

all id like to see is the nerf to VE reverted...

it always makes me sad to see a warrior self healing higher than mine after a arena match, same with rogues...

get a better healer and more resil. this game isnt based around your s10 viscious set its based around s10 ruthful.

Deleted
    SP survivability is fine if you only have one person on you, as soon as you get 2 of them you are in big trouble post dispersion.

If you are struggling with one person on you then you are doing something wrong. In 2s arena I am finding large success by dotting both the healer and dps up then dragging the dps the other side of the map while my shammy keeps his healer miles away.
    By surviving vs the dps letting my dots lower him to a point where a ms x3 mb + sw:d can kill him, its game over.
    Pw:s on cd, fear + pom renew flash heal, repeat ever fear. Use horror to get a heal and pom off. Silence too if its a mana class.