Poll: At what stage did you begin playing WoW?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wrath,2 months after release of the expansion
    Awesome avatar by Resentful

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta.

Server: EU PVP BETA 6
    Character: Aena

Then rolled on Bladefist at release date.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    About 2-3 weeks after launch and it was my first MMO.

Good times

Deleted
    December 2007, middle of BC

I started playing in Vanilla back in 2005. I was only able to complete ZG, Onyxia, and MC though - my guild was more about having fun than progression. Fun times though!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started about 2 months after TBC came out, I loved doing all the Quests to get attuned to Kara, SSc, TK, BT. Then I found out I wasnt even Geared to do BT

Wotlk, like summer of 09. It was like a month before ToC was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    Started when wow is in beta, and it's been fun, tho cata is horrible.
    I love statements like these...

At any rate, I started back in vanilla. But the game was too tedious for me back then and there were no good PvP, although I liked being at a friends house when he was on raids, I liked keeping an eye on the action while doing something else. I only really began raiding in WotLK.
    I spent more time playing DAoC back then. And other games for that matter, alot of other games

So, definition of "playing". Not sure, I'll vote vanilla since I knew how WoW worked and what is was about from release. Also because I spend enough time to get a level 60.
    Last edited by Xadion; 2011-08-16 at 01:50 PM.
    Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind. They are, in all fairness, subjective.
    I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning and adapting. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    During Wotlk.

BC <3 best memories of pretty much every aspect of the game come from Bc for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

started playing right when ulduar was released started raiding when ICC came out
    like many other i tried almost every character in the game before i leveled my pally to 80
    and tbh i regret i didn't start earlier and got to see the previous content

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing in late vanilla, but I didn't actually hit the level cap until BC.....which also might have something to do with the 46 days played time I had on my druid when I finally hit 70......I spent a lot of time in bgs.....

No Beta option?

Been playin WoW since Beta
    A Long Long time

10+ Year Old Account
    I mistook playing for raiding so pressed TBC but started in Classic - just wasn't max level yet.

Around patch 1.8, when silithus opened and people were gathering mats for the gates.
    Just waiting to see what would happen...

It was for all aspects a different game back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Korean Beta... It was before european one. Had to get in.

I'm from Finland :P

about a few weeks after WotLK was released. I graduated from college (December), and was bored. A lot of my friends have been asking me since WoW was released to join up and play with them, and I didn't because my studies were more important. Well, out of college and waiting to start my job, I had 2 months to kill... Took a break after I started my job to get adjusted, but pretty much been a consistent player since.

Quote Originally Posted by Redro View Post
    started playing right when ulduar was released started raiding when ICC came out
    like many other i tried almost every character in the game before i leveled my pally to 80
    and tbh i regret i didn't start earlier and got to see the previous content
    Ah yes. I remember when my warrior at lvl 65, i dueled a level 60 ret paladin. I got wtfpwned, decided to level a paladin, and never looked back!

I voted Wotlk but i started at the end of Tbc really. Took lvl 70 at Wotlk realese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    I'll miss how the old Tree of Life looked like it was in a constant state of panic while healing, running around with its arms flailing up in the air going "OH GOD, HOW DID I GET HERE? I AM NOT GOOD WITH INTERNETS!"

Late TBC for me.

I think what got me into WoW was that I read an article about SK Gaming beating Kil'Jaeden, it mentioned the kill video which I looked up on youtube. I understood very little, but I too wanted to try WoW out after that.