Just cause 2 Performance issues

I got an issue playing Just Cause 2

Back in February I bought JC2 on Steam, played it for a while and now I want to play it again. The only issue I got is that it runs so bad, I am facing constant lag ect. It's the same identical pc except for a new HDD and a different monitor. I'll post the spec below.

Motherboard: MEDIONPC MS-7366 (CPU 1)
    CPU: CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
    Video card: 512MB GeForce 9600 GT (MSI)
    Monitor: Acer V193W 1280*1024 60hz
    RAM: 3GB
    DirectX version: 10.

All drivers are up to date ect.

Any idea what's causing my problem?

Doing Photoshop requests.

What settings are you playing it on? With that kinda low VRAM you may have trouble with 1080p or even 900p

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

Currently low, but it played fine a few months back on high setttings

I honestly have no idea how you got that game to play on high with a 9600GT. I had an old 9800GT and it for sure would never play that game on high at more than 15 fps. The only solution I see for you is upgrading your PC. Everything in there is borderline ancient. Your PC probably runs most things alright, but JC2 is a next gen DX11 game that is going to show the age of any PC if it isn't relatively new.

Well it did, I'm pretty sure my pc meets the minimum requirements

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Minimum System Requirements: Recommended System Requirements:
    CPU: Dual-core CPU with SSE3 (Athlon 64 X2 4200 / Pentium D 3GHz) CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz or AMD Phenom X3 2.4GHz
    RAM: 2GB RAM: 3GB
    VGA: Nvidia Geforce 8800 Series / ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro with 256MB memory or equivalent DX10 card with 256MB memory VGA: Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 Series with 512MB / ATI Radeon HD 5750 Series with 512MB or equivalent DX10 card with 512MB memory
    DX: Microsoft DirectX 10 DX: Microsoft DirectX 10.1 with Vista SP1
    OS: Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7 (Windows XP is unsupported) OS: Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7 (Windows XP is unsupported)
    http://gamesystemrequirements.com/
    HDD: 10GB of free drive space HDD: 10GB of free drive space
    Sound: 100% DirectX 10 compatible sound card Sound: 100% DirectX 10 compatible Dolby Digital 5.1 sound card
    ODD: DVD-ROM drive ODD: DVD-ROM drive
    Network: Internet connection required for product activation Network: Internet connection required fo
    Video card does not meet the recommended requirements for the video game. Outside of that I really can't think of any reason that you couldn't play on low well considering what you do have.

Deleted
    Think the game is just optimized shitty, get drops to 25fps on a gtx 580 (srs)