Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

AH and their Undercutters.

listen i dont care if you undercut by 1c or 5%... but a 110g undercut on a 220g gem for NO reason is completely retarded. This guy basically just said the only reason he kept his pricing 110g below the new norm was because it was that way for 5mos..... no other reason.. just cause it was like that for 5mos.

Some people.... I sincerely hope this guy frequents this board.. cause he needs to understand that what hes doing is doing an insta-kill on a market that actually has some potential to be priced at the price it is. 200-250g for a Meta gem isn't too high since you'll only need one and its a significant cut gem in your gear. Before you say "just buy him out" i did 2days ago @105g. I put the price @ 243g and it worked its way down to 220g which i think is VERY fair for those cuts (Reverberating Meta).

Ive severely cut down the trade chat spam to just show our PST's back and forth.

<Infracted>
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2011-08-17 at 07:23 AM.

its been 111g for 5 months, are you new?

Deleted
    Gotta agree it's frustrating, i've been trying to sell a landslide scroll for 2 weeks now but people keep undercutting. Strated at 2.8k..now down to 1.1k. It's part of the ah unfortunatly.

Price fixing sucks. Good for him, and I hope he does "insta-kill the market". If one person's supply can do that, the market was pretty screwed up to start with. The game has a mini-economy in it, but the economy is not the game. Go do something more fun.

Buy everything and sell them with a 110g profit. Buy everything from him day after day until he run out of mats (hopefully) and make a ton of profits. You just need to be patient.

But i understand what you say, I hate when they do that.

Deleted
    Maybe he just wants to sell his stuff quickly ? if it's such a problem for you why don't you buy out his auctions and put them up for your prices ?

He probably also was the same guy that would post truegold at 500g each after the 365 weapon vendors were unlocked, saying they'd been selling for that for the last 5 months, lol

Deleted
    Some people wants to sell their stuff quickly. They don't care about your precious economy.

Stop being so butthurt.

Deleted
    The only thing I can say in my eyes is get over it, it's his items he can do whatever he wants with it if he's happy with his prices leave him and just buy his stuff out?

But if you "buy him out" then it just proves his point that "111g is fine" since his is selling cuz you're buying it. He's making his money and continuing to put more on, while all you would be doing is stockpiling a gem that you couldn't sell at your price cuz of his undercutting.

Lol that is nothing. An ex guild mate on my sever would farm for 10 hours+ a day, for several days out of boredom. He would then prospect it all, turn green gems to necks/rings for DE, and keep all blue gems to be cut. He would then FLOOD the market with hundred upon hundreds of gems at about 25% of their value. Had tells from people like you left and right only they were nerd raging, at least you were trying to have a civil discussion about it.

He crashed the gem and enchanting market single handed. Point was, he didn't care. he made thousands of gold doing it, it paid for everything he needed, and that was all that mattered to him.

Snap up his way undercut prices and repost them. There's profit to be made there if you're actually able to hold the price at 200+g. Profit off his ignorance.

Someone in the game is selling your product at a cheaper price?

Quickly Robin! To the Bat Forums!!

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

Quote Originally Posted by Trollololo View Post
    its been 111g for 5 months, are you new?
    lol oh yeah... mah bad i spose i am

Quote Originally Posted by thedeacon View Post
    Price fixing sucks. Good for him, and I hope he does "insta-kill the market". If one person's supply can do that, the market was pretty screwed up to start with. The game has a mini-economy in it, but the economy is not the game. Go do something more fun.
    Wow really dude? maybe one reason why WoW has so many subs is because of the diversity it provides in the way people play the game. I do raid, farm, 5man, play the AH as well as a shitload of other things in the game. I have 4 accounts. Trust me.. i do plenty in the game. I actually prefer to play the market.

Also, in your post you said "price fixing sucks"... whos price fixing?.. im simply trying to get more gold out of an item that "should" sell for a bit more than a typical rare uncut. Especially when the uncut SSD's are selling for 100g... why waste your own time for something that you really wont make much on even if you are prospecting your own ore; 3 of each uncommon sells for VERY close to if not more than 100g on most realms.

My issue was that he couldn't give me a better reason for dropping it so low other than... "imma drone and thats the only price i know how to set in my addon for 5mos" answer.

Its extremely frustrating when you try to make anything on the AH unless its an untapped market which is pretty much non-existent these days.

So i guess its either.. if you cant beat them join them eh?

Eh, its annoying but I mean, you can either buy his and resell higher or get out of that section of the market.
    Last edited by Radux; 2011-08-18 at 10:14 PM. Reason: img removed

lol i feel your pain dude these 3 cool guys set every gem to 89g no matter what. They will undercut by whatever amount to get it to 89. 175g gems cut to 89, 220 gems cut to 89 and then everybody keeps posting and undercutting by the usually 1g so eventually gems starting at 220g end up for 50g in a couple of hours.

good times

If it really sells for double then quit crying, buy his stuff and resell it.

Its more fun to undercut big if you get a whisper from someone telling you to stop. Tho im now only selling things on AH on a Alt i rarly log :P

Even if a item sells for 200g+ doesnt mean it is the right price.

If im selling something, im listing it for the price i would be happy with. if someone wants to flip it and make more gold, feel free.

Undercutters will ignore anything you say to them. I know this because I undercut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

i have bought them.. he posted 20... ill just continue to buy him out and have a stupid amount stocked. maybe he'll eventually "get" it.