Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disconnect *everything* (except power switch connector), remove all cards (except graphics) and remove the ram.

This *should* make it beep like crazy because it needs the ram to do anything at all. If it doesn't then your motherboard or cpu (or both) might be dead. Take a photo (and post it) of all the bits that you *haven't* used that came with the case. If there are more than 3 hexagonal stand-offs then that is definitely the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    Not sure. Whats your model number? Usually its down below the PCI slots.
    Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sopperino View Post
    Where is that?
    Is that the low-end gigabyte p67 mobo? It varies based upon which model it is. There should be an image in your motherboard manual that will show you where everything is. Do you have a light on in your motherboard to verify that you're getting power to the motherboard?
    Nutter

As someone suggested, have you put the motherboard on the pegs/legs. Try taking all the additional components out leaving the CPU and memory attached see if it will boot. If not check the CPU is properly connected, it should still power on (at least the fan), even without the memory in, from what I remember.

Did you get a little speaker, if so plug that in and check what type of beep(s) if any you get.

If none of these help, take the motherboard out of the case put it on an anti static bag and see if it will boot.

You could check your jumper settings in the manual, but most motherboards don't have jumpers now, only to clear the CMOS which you can do by removing the battery.

If it will boot outside the case its shorting somewhere.

That should at least give you something to start Anyway I need sleep, ill try have a look at this thread before work in a few hours, good luck...

Bann
    Yesterday is history, today is a gift, tomorrow is mystery.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post
    As someone suggested, have you put the motherboard on the pegs/legs. Try taking all the additional components out leaving the CPU and memory attached see if it will boot. If not check the CPU is properly connected, it should still power on (at least the fan), even without the memory in, from what I remember.

Did you get a little speaker, if so plug that in and check what type of beep(s) if any you get.

If none of these help, take the motherboard out of the case put it on an anti static bag and see if it will boot.

You could check your jumper settings in the manual, but most motherboards don't have jumpers now, only to clear the CMOS which you can do by removing the battery.

If it will boot outside the case its shorting somewhere.

That should at least give you something to start Anyway I need sleep, ill try have a look at this thread before work in a few hours, good luck...

Bann
    Mostly good advice, except you never want to put anything ON an anti-static bag, as the outside can still conduct. =P
    Nutter

I'm still pretty sure it's the golden screws missing...

Quote Originally Posted by Vehemence View Post
    I'm still pretty sure it's the golden screws missing...
    Nope I put those on

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the mobo doesn't have its own power switch.. Must be a premium feature. Either way, you've gotta plug in all those flimsy 2 or 3 or 4 pin thingys from the case to the mobo
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking really outside the box here but did you buy an AMD CPU with got an intel mobo?

I dunno...im just throwing stuff out there now.
    -Andre

"If something is worth doing, do it right."

[Currently in Cuba til March 2012. Once I get out of here I will be returning to WoW!]

Hey, I have an ASUS P67 and it throws up a red LED in certain spots to indicate issues. Maybe check for that on your mobo and correspond with your manual if you see a constant red LED on the mobo.

It might be the ram. Take 1 stick out, try booting it. No boot? Put it back in and take the other stick out. If it still doesn't boot. It most likely is either a Faulty Mobo or a Dead PSU

Try swapping around your ram to diffrent slots and try rotate the power cord next to your CPU-fan, those two fucked me over when i built my first one earlier this year

Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    Thinking really outside the box here but did you buy an AMD CPU with got an intel mobo?

I dunno...im just throwing stuff out there now.
    I have i5-2500k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vehemence View Post
    I think I see what your problem is.

Do you have the golden screws attached underneath your motherboard? (those same screws that came with your motherboard or case)
    Yeah, check this, you could have fried your board.

15+ Year Old Account
    Make sure your power button is connected if it's what you're trying to use! c:

I got to feel realrealrealrealreal dumb when I figured that one out.

Seriously though, checking little seemingly obvious things never hurts. Connections set, etc. After that I'd move on to possible faults.

looks like something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    Make sure your power button is connected if it's what you're trying to use! c:
    Thank you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sopperino View Post
    Thank you.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but if that really was the problem glad you got it sorted out c:

I legitimately had everything in the world hooked up and tested and then realized I hadn't completely plugged in like 6 ridiculously tiny connections for my front power/reset/usb/headset jacks/etc. Went a little nuts there for awhile, then felt the aforementioned dumb as hell, but it was all still way better than having a brick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would hope the person would say something more descriptive than just 'Thank You' if that did resolve the problem lol...especially since a lot of us have been trying to help.
    -Andre

"If something is worth doing, do it right."

[Currently in Cuba til March 2012. Once I get out of here I will be returning to WoW!]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    I would hope the person would say something more descriptive than just 'Thank You' if that did resolve the problem lol...especially since a lot of us have been trying to help.
    Eh, I'm in a good mood and don't care if people want to be douches, so I assumed the best, probably incorrectly as you point out.

Regardless, small things are easy to overlook sometimes, a reminder doesn't hurt (it took till the third person I asked for potential "what could it be"s for someone to point me in the general direction of checking those connections).