Thread: Emotional Abuse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well being of the male gender as soon as I turned about 14 my mother stopped ever trying to hit me or talk down to me just to make me feel bad after I grabbed her arm and threatened to break if you ever tried to hit me again. Kinda had a rough childhood but was fixed when I grew bigger than her and I had a older brother to protect me when he was home a lot when I was little. But I also moved in with my Dad as soon as I was able to and visit my mom maybe once every 2 years now and the visits don't usually go well. So feel for you and good luck with your mess and it gets a lot better after you get away from it all.

Deleted
    There should be kid licences, if you and your partner pass the test, you can have kids, if not, no kids.
    Last edited by mmoc68ceb3652c; 2011-08-17 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    There should be kid licences, if you and your partner pass the test, you can have kids, if not, no kids.
    I like this. Make people take it yearly too just to make sure they're still doing it right. OP, some people are just assholes and will always be assholes. There's nothing that will change your mom and as soon as possible, you should get out of there and never talk to her again. Sure shes the only mom you'll ever have, but when a person's mother acts like they don't even want their own child, should the child even act like they have one?

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people just don't deserve to be parents full stop, harsh as this statement may seem it's unfortunately true. Be thankful that no matter how she treats you, you're the better person and never let anyone (especially her) tell you otherwise. Her problems stem from an obvious case of a life time of blaming others for her situation and the events that have manifested as a result (shit rolls down hill unfortunately) and no matter what you say or do won't change anything as she has to be the one to address these issues on her own, she has to want to change.

The best advise anyone can give you is to speak to a neutral party with the means to better facilitate an outcome that would benefit you to help address this situation, take advantage of services available to you that specifically deal with these kinds of issues (if you have no other Family that can/will help), as I don't live in the U.S I have no idea what these would be (that is if you're a U.S citizen).

The message here is to be proactive, you can't afford to ignore this situation as the emotional damage involved is quite damaging and can get to a point where you'll feel trapped and/or obliged to keep living the way you are now, thinking that it may somehow solve things. This is now beyond your means, time to get the ball rolling in your favor.