Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Not really. I didn't. The thing that you have to do is reset your SATA controllers to Windows default SATA controllers. Otherwise, when the system boots, it will be looking for the ports specific to the old motherboard type and cause you to blue screen every time. If you don't do this before the motherboard swap, you have two choices: put the old motherboard back in temporarily or re-install Windows. This also explains why the OP had issues with the recovery CD as well as booting from HDD.
    More concerned by driver errors than anything else. Seen too many amateur builders with recurring driver errors by just installing the new board drivers over top.

What you have mentioned does work and I've done it in my own system but when we are recommending something as simple as can be for an inexperienced user you can't beat a simple Windows 7 install.

It's somewhat useful if you've already backed up everything for doing a test boot of the system. Otherwise just reinstall.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2