DW Frost DK/HPally/DPriest... How do i defend myself....

So i'm running a shadowplay (Shadow priest, Aff. Lock, and myself the resto shaman) and we have been wrecking our way to 2000+ rating when we hit the threads title comp. and seemed to get stone walled. The dps are telling me i shouldnt be getting dropped by this DK but i mean unless im using every cd i have and pretty much playing scared i die extremely easily. Now beyond that i got to a point that with a few fear peels from my dps i was surviving for say 12 minutes about when i ran oom from constantly healing and kiting and cleansing chains the what not. Any advice on how to deal with this? I personally am frustrated as we lost nearly 4 times in a row to this comp. Im not 100% sure what my dps were doing while i was busy fully focusing on surviving but i think they're game plan was to oom the priest and try to burn either the priest or the pally down but it just wasn't happening any suggests would be great.

To summarize the title comp. is demolishing my shadowplay comp. and i have no idea what i or the dps can do to beat this team. I can't link my armory but i play on korgath horde side US and my name is zoltarx

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    control the dk and you should stall the team. You have a few ways i can think of off the top of my head on how to stop the dk.

Slow him to keep him out of obit range. Keep yourself clear of DoTs from the dk so obit hits like i wet nuddle.

To expand on this: CoExh the dk/ Bind totem/ Fear/ Etc. When he gets to you and opens , more cc. when the dk pops hes CDs (the bread and butter of frost) fear him away or disarm him(spriest talent).

Just keep a list of CCs in your head. your lock has a good 5-7 and your priest has 2-3 more. you yourself have a few ways to keep the DK out of melee range.

Force the dk to pop his trinket so he can be removed from you. as for the healers on his team. oom them is all i can really suggest. have 1 of your dps focus on helping you, the other on 1 of the healers. when the dk is clear of his CDs and you fell safe enough have the dps go for a flask-bang. By that i mean get both healers focused on saving the 1 that is getting "focused" (Flash). then when all the attention is on that 1 healer nuke the other down (Bang).my vote would be flash the pally and nuke the priest.

I'm sad to go against my own class, but that is the way you would beat me in this team setup.

Firstly, no you shouldn't die to a sole dk, that's pretty bad tbh (even though dks have the best MS in the game atm).

Kite him!, shock, earthbind him around pillars, the tomb w/e really! you have so many tools to kite him since he's not UH. Remember you can ground DG, so pop it when he's about to do it, it's frankly easy to foresee once you get the hang of it, and hold yourself topped all the time when you're los of the dk, else riptide yourself.

So, if you have the dk kited around he's not doing any dmg, you should be able to hold mana (you have replesh for gods sake!)
    About your partners... haven't played shadowplay really but the key against that specific comp is really to have them both cced at the same time, so you stop their mass dispelling of eachother. Your lock really needs to have everything dotted, thereby forcing them to either dispel your teams dots (which tbh, is a bad thing since you have both VT and UE!!!).

Call for some slowing or a fear on the dk if you get in trouble, it's just to coordinate it correctly. Tell your lock that if he's gonna fear the dk, then use the next global to get corr on the dk so it's not so easy to dispel.

You should faceroll this comp as long as the dk is frost

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost DK burst can be fairly scary. One of them dropped my shaman from 90% to 0% in a few globals earlier in the season when I just wasn't expecting that kind of burst.

Disarming him can be a decent way to get rid of some of it. Shackling him if he's dumb enough to stay in Lichborne can help.

You say you have no idea what your DPS is doing. I'd say, start there. If they only have to peel one person they shouldn't have that much hardship getting him off when you require peeling.

Additionally, if the DK is focusing on you, that pretty much means your SPriest is free casting. Use his burst to force the DK to use Strangulate / Mind Freeze on him instead of you.

If you're living for 12 minutes, then your DPS aren't getting a kill fast enough. They need to CC the Pally and sit the Priest while throwing you peels as needed.

Yeah I think if a dual healer comp. like that comes up we will have to definately work on cordinating alot better. Also a side note i was juking lot of interrupts and rarely had any issue with strangulate thanks to totems ect. it was just that over the course of a 12 minute fight where the dk is doing 1.2-1.5 mil dmg in hp to me not including the priest smite spamming and such i was ooming and dying thanks for the input though ill have to talk it out with the dps and figure out what we will do.
    Side question: what if the lock switch to succubus and used seduce on one of the healers would that additional cc be better than felhunters dmg and interrupt or no?

Deleted
    I am a holy paladin, my team is a afly lock + arms warrior.

We are atm on 2300 rating and there is this team DK+ holy paladin+ dis priest and we have faced several times and we cant beat them.

15min later i am OOM from mana burns and the DK alone does insane damage.

Paladin heals while priest dispells and mana burns.

I get OOM Priest heals and paladin casts exo for no crits and holy shock for extra damage and helps with stuns and rebuke -.- the priest will help with dps if needed.
    Last edited by mmocce676f6b0f; 2011-08-17 at 09:49 PM.

Etna that sounds EXACTLY like what im dealing with also. To those saying i need to be slowing the dk i literally was switching to frostbrand and 70% slowing him only to get DG'd or he would get freedom'd. I'm honestly like out of ideas i've been racking my mind over how i could go about beating this comp.