Deleted

Sandy Bridge price cut in September

Intel is planning to cut prices for their Sandy Bridge generation in September.

For most mid-range CPUs, the changes aren't that big of a deal, but the lower end CPUs are getting a significant cut.

Source: http://www.cpu-world.com/news_2011/2...n_Q3_2011.html

Deleted
    Uhh intel fearing competition from AMD, interrestiing

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh, if Intel feared competition from AMD, specifically in terms of Bulldozer, they would lower the prices on the real CPUs, which unless the T is supposed to be a K, and this article has made a big mistake in clocks on the CPUs, are not listed. If you ask me, they are trying to take even more of the market from AMD. They've already taken the gaming market with the 2500K and for slightly more enthusiast folks, the 2600K, and now they're just going to make people stop buying AMDs to build extreme budget builds. Should be interesting to see how AMD in fact, reacts to this.This is 100% an attack by Intel, if you ask me. The longer AMD waits to put out the competition for the 2500K and 2600K Sandybridges, (those are honestly the main competitors), the more time Intel has to just soak their hands in pride and power and taking other parts of the market. While AMD has been working on fixing Bulldozer, Intel has been getting SB-E ready for launch, and will continue to hold the true-enthusiast and premier computer market in their hands.

Intel does not fear AMD at all, imho.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1 View Post
    Uhh intel fearing competition from AMD, interrestiing
    Then AMD must bring in some weak CPU's. The "K"-chips aren't affected at all.

eh, $11 cut from ~$300 CPU's. That's like... 3%. I thought the price cut would be more significant than that lol

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Uhh, if Intel feared competition from AMD, specifically in terms of Bulldozer, they would lower the prices on the real CPUs, which unless the T is supposed to be a K, and this article has made a big mistake in clocks on the CPUs, are not listed. If you ask me, they are trying to take even more of the market from AMD. They've already taken the gaming market with the 2500K and for slightly more enthusiast folks, the 2600K, and now they're just going to make people stop buying AMDs to build extreme budget builds. Should be interesting to see how AMD in fact, reacts to this.This is 100% an attack by Intel, if you ask me. The longer AMD waits to put out the competition for the 2500K and 2600K Sandybridges, (those are honestly the main competitors), the more time Intel has to just soak their hands in pride and power and taking other parts of the market. While AMD has been working on fixing Bulldozer, Intel has been getting SB-E ready for launch, and will continue to hold the true-enthusiast and premier computer market in their hands.

Intel does not fear AMD at all, imho.
    Considering Llano, in its awful 2 generation old CPU architecture, can run Sandy Bridge chips into the ground (in terms of a complete package CPU/GPU), yeah. Intel should be afraid.

Intel clearly beats AMD in the high end/midrange gaming sector, and is beginning to edge them in the server space.

Intel is very much at risk in set top, netbooks, low end/midrange notebooks, HTPC, small business servers... basically anything that isn't a Crysis built gaming tower or a rackmount being bought with 27 other rackmounts at the same time.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Yeah, as soon as I read this, and saw which CPUs were being cut in price, I instantly assumed Llano was the reason.

Too bad the 2600k wasn't on that list though If the rumors about BF3 scaling well with Hyperthreading turn out to be true, I might be picking up one of those in ~October.
    Last edited by Adappy; 2011-08-17 at 12:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Considering Llano, in its awful 2 generation old CPU architecture, can run Sandy Bridge chips into the ground (in terms of a complete package CPU/GPU), yeah. Intel should be afraid.

Intel clearly beats AMD in the high end/midrange gaming sector, and is beginning to edge them in the server space.

Intel is very much at risk in set top, netbooks, low end/midrange notebooks, HTPC, small business servers... basically anything that isn't a Crysis built gaming tower or a rackmount being bought with 27 other rackmounts at the same time.
    SANDYBRIDGE WILL DESTROY THEM ALL!!!

While I'd like to see AMD keep Intel in line and not go off on a price-rampage, an all out brand war with these two would be interesting. We'll see how these smaller and lower-end Sandybitches do.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad the ones they're selling the most of aren't budging.

Hardly suspect any fear from Intel from this.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Possible it's "clear out old stock for Ivy Bridge, SB-E, and/or speedbumped SB" price cuts. And they're not exactly massive cuts.
    Super casual.

Damn. No 2600k .

10+ Year Old Account
    If I recall, Intel did turn over most of their foundries toward mass producing 22nm chips(i.e. Ivybridge) so this probably is just a small step toward getting rid of their old stock.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously you made a post about ~$10 price cut this is hardly news worthy.

So instead of 75% margin they'll be making 70% margin...

Nothing special here... cpu's naturally drop in price slowly as they age in the market.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.