Smile How to play pvp to a duelist level or above?

Hey fellow players!

I'm super eager to take my PvP skills to the next level and become a duelist or even higher!

What's your suggestion for my goal? I'm currently at 1600 MMR.

Quote Originally Posted by AzerothAdventurer View Post
    Hey fellow players!

I'm super eager to take my PvP skills to the next level and become a duelist or even higher!

What's your suggestion for my goal? I'm currently at 1600 MMR.
    Make sure your macros are up to scratch, usually some forum topics on those for your particular class / specc.

Make sure your style and build are at least coherent with itself and with your playstyle - a suboptimal build might be superior if it matches you better.

Want to get a quick idea of what's best for your class? Use murlok.io and look up your class, specc and preferred gamemode; it shows a summary of the top 50 players' builds for that.

After that get to know your enemies; lose intentionally a few times just to draw out their abilities and let them show them off/illustrate them to you.
    Then look those up, bait then out and try to figure out how to counter or avoid them, test out your ideas and iterate.

Do not think you can genuinely look up that shit with vids and whatever; you're looking for an intuitive level of understanding, not some explicit bullshit you won't have time for in the practical application.

Optional: Make sure your hardware's up to scratch, specifically mouse sensitivity, refresh rate (fps) and internet connection (ms).

But thus shit is optional as i've reached 2300 on a laptop held together with duct tape, 20 fps and unreliable wifi.
    Adds to the challenge one could say, though i do have a decent-ish ~€40 mouse from corsair, mostly because cheaper ones were just too small for big hands.

Oh and most important is of course: The Gaming Chair.

Or as i like to call it: A stool.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Wow, this is a very informative and practical reply. I am making notes and trying to understand and apply them in the game. Thank you very much for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by AzerothAdventurer View Post
    Wow, this is a very informative and practical reply. I am making notes and trying to understand and apply them in the game. Thank you very much for your help!
    If you've more questions don't hesitate.

Also others may correct mistakes of mine,but be wary of the difference between genuine mistakes and differences of opinions.

Happy hunting and show 'em hell!
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Hi!

I know this question might be a bit newbie, but I often don't understand the questions below when I'm in the arena:

Why can enemies be immune to my CC or Silence spells? I only know evoker's Obsidian Scales, what else?
    Why can enemies reflect my melee attacks or spell to me? I only know Warrior's Spell Reflection, what else?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    loras is spot on - another thing I will say too: sometimes games don't go according to plan - I know I've had MANY games where I'm super tilted or angry - BUT the best action you can take away is that sometimes the way it is-IS THE WAY IT IS

The more games you play the more tech you'll get, the more you can help your team yourself and learning from others like loras or streamers or idk ANYTHING can help in every single arena match

Good luck and keep on having fun!

get to rival first, i dont know the rest, sorry, probably just do everything better

My personal "tip" as a casual PvP'er

Dont overwhelm your screen with a shit ton of PvP information.
    Keep it very clean...as clean as possible

Is more important, for now, to be aware of your surroundings then to try and pilot an airplane with a shit ton of information cluttering the screen.

Keep it simple for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    My personal "tip" as a casual PvP'er

Dont overwhelm your screen with a shit ton of PvP information.
    Keep it very clean...as clean as possible

Is more important, for now, to be aware of your surroundings then to try and pilot an airplane with a shit ton of information cluttering the screen.

Keep it simple for now.
    This is such an undervalued piece of information. I hovered around 1.2/1.3K and could never climb any higher. I made a decision in Dragonflight that I was going to use an actual PvP UI. I downloaded the preset ones that "guarantee rating" etc and it was just like a bomb of information going off on your screen and you couldn't tell what the hell was actually happening. I slowly uninstalled everything and completely built my own UI from the defualt up, slowly adding and customising addons for the information I learned I needed and actually pushed up to 2.1K on my warrior just cause I knew what I was looking for on my screen.

I would absolutely recommend cleaning up your UI and customise the settings yourself so you can see what you want, where you want it.

To start with in PvP I would recommend these addons:

Gladius
    Omnibar
    Weakauras
    Threat Plates

Those should be enough to get you started and when you start to learn more about what you need to track and see, you can evolve it from there.