Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Augmentation was held back at launch to further balance it, and to base a narrative around its release.

The question is if Blizzard is releasing a new support spec, is it for an existing class or a new class? With hero talents, I’m not sure it’d be for an existing class.
    My theory is that the middle part of the TWW expansion will be filled with a relatively early Midnight features announcement and patches like 10.2.7 that tied into it.

They did say that the Saga will have a "faster than usual" release schedule and given that it is planned ahead of time, it stands to reason to see a constant flow of content and information.

It seems like there will be an expansion. They've invested a lot of time and resources, and when people invest a lot of money, they don't do it just for nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple question;

After releasing new (allied) races and a new spec mid-expansion, would Blizzard ever release a full class mid expansion?
    Simple answer, No.

Longer answer, new classes are a major selling point for expansions. It would be a dumb business move to give it away for "free". I can see new specs or allied races added mid expansion sure, but a whole new class is highly unlikely.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    Simple answer, No.

Longer answer, new classes are a major selling point for expansions. It would be a dumb business move to give it away for "free". I can see new specs or allied races added mid expansion sure, but a whole new class is highly unlikely.
    TBF, the expansions that didn't have new classes sold more than expansions that did offer new classes;

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...on-pack-sales/

And we know that Dragonflight sold less than Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBF, the expansions that didn't have new classes sold more than expansions that did offer new classes;

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...on-pack-sales/

And we know that Dragonflight sold less than Shadowlands.
    Those are first day sales. Do you have overall expansion sales numbers? Because that would be a better indicator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are first day sales. Do you have overall expansion sales numbers? Because that would be a better indicator.
    Yeah, but first day sales would be what you're talking about in regards to new classes driving initial box sales. Sales after the fact support the notion that Blizzard may view releasing a class later in the expansion as a way to bolster sales and subs at the mid-point of an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but first day sales would be what you're talking about in regards to new classes driving initial box sales. Sales after the fact support the notion that Blizzard may view releasing a class later in the expansion as a way to bolster sales and subs at the mid-point of an expansion.
    But what about 2nd day Box sales? 3rd Days? 1st Month, once word of mouth got out? This is why overall sales are important. It can show how sales grew or faded during an expansions life. Same for sub numbers. Heck, sub numbers month by month would be a better indicator really. That way you can cross reference with mid expansion feature releases. Do you have that data? Because we can deep dive it together.

10+ Year Old Account
    But what about 2nd day Box sales? 3rd Days? 1st Month, once word of mouth got out? This is why overall sales are important. It can show how sales grew or faded during an expansions life. Same for sub numbers. Heck, sub numbers month by month would be a better indicator really. That way you can cross reference with mid expansion feature releases. Do you have that data? Because we can deep dive it together.
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard still says that Shadowlands was their best selling expansion, so I'm going to assume (I know!) that the eventual sales rankings aren't far off from those first day sales numbers.

Blizzard also said that Dragonflight has had one of the best sub retainment rates of any of their expansions. So that's an interesting indicator as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard still says that Shadowlands was their best selling expansion, so I'm going to assume (I know!) that the eventual sales rankings aren't far off from those first day sales numbers.
    It also dropped during the middle of a global pandemic when most of the developed world was in a state of lock down. Shadowlands sales numbers are an anomaly for this reason.

Blizzard also said that Dragonflight has had one of the best sub retainment rates of any of their expansions. So that's an interesting indicator as well.
    Well, Dragonflight is a pretty good expansion overall, despite what the malcontents say. It's no Wrath of the Lich King sure, but it's far from the worst either.