Will this cooldown macro work?

Hi. I'm new to playing a max level Arcane mage, and I found that I'm pressing a lot of buttons when I need to use all of my cooldowns for the burn phase. After I get my AB stacks on the target, I pop a mana gem (one click) to re-fill my mana and get the buff, then I pop Mirror Image, Arcane Power, Trinket 1, and soon to be Trinket 2 (five clicks), and I'm thinking it also wouldn't hurt to add in Presence of Mind (six clicks) to get an instant AB cast after I pop my cooldowns for the burn phase. I decided to make a cooldown macro to limit the number of clicks as well as bring everything down to one button rather than six, and I used wowwiki as a guide. I won't get a chance to test it until tonight so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this should work in game.

Trinkets/Cooldowns macro
    /use Mana Gem
    /use Trinket 1
    /use Trinket 2
    /castsequence reset=180 Arcane Power, Mirror Image, Presence of Mind

The way wowwiki explained it as that anything that doesn't trigger a GCD can be macro'd in to cast at the same time as something else, and all you have to do is list them below each other. So the way I'm hoping this will work is that on the first click of the button, I'll use a mana gem, use trinket 1, use trinket 2, and cast arcane power (all of them have a 0 second GCD according to wowhead). Then on the second click the macro should just cast mirror image, which does trigger a GCD, and then on the third click the macro should cast presence of mind following the castsequence macro order. The reset=180 is just in there just in case I only click the button once or twice for whatever reason. I don't want it getting stuck on a later part of the sequence down the road in another fight. After 180 seconds it should reset the sequence.

Another thing I thought may work even better, but I'm not certain about is this....
    /use Mana Gem
    /use Trinket 1
    /Castsequence Trinket 2, Presence of Mind
    /castsequence reset=180 Arcane Power, Mirror Image

This one would only take two clicks, but since Mirror Image triggers a GCD, I don't know if it can be cast at the same time as Presence of mind which has a 0 second GCD. Does one, or do both spells have to not trigger a GCD to be cast together? I'm guessing both have to have a 0 second GCD, but I couldn't get a clear explanation on it. The definition I got was just that a spell with a 0 second GCD can be cast at the same time as another spell in a macro.

TLDR: Does this work? Will it do everything in three clicks?
    /use Mana Gem
    /use Trinket 1
    /use Trinket 2
    /castsequence reset=180 Arcane Power, Mirror Image, Presence of Mind

Will this do everything in two clicks?
    /use Mana Gem
    /use Trinket 1
    /Castsequence Trinket 2, Presence of Mind
    /castsequence reset=180 Arcane Power, Mirror Image

---------- Post added 2011-08-17 at 10:43 AM ----------

Okay, I just went through the first five pages of the mage macros thread, which I now realize would have been a much better place for this post (sorry mods). It looks like people tend to agree that Mirror Image shouldn't be cast after Arcane Power because the time spent on the GCD takes away from the buffed dps you could be putting out if you were casting AB during that time. I also found out that you can include a spell that triggers a GCD in to cast at the same time as a spell that doesn't trigger a GCD if you make the one with the GCD last in the macro, so now I'm thinking the best thing to do would be to cast Mirror Image all by itself and then use this one-click macro afterwards, which should burn all my cooldowns and also cast my instant cast AB. Does anyone see any issues with the below macro?

/use Mana Gem
    /use Trinket 1
    /use Trinket 2
    /cast Arcane Power
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Arcane Blast
    Last edited by Hhavok; 2011-08-17 at 01:26 PM. Reason: re-formatted for clarity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    /use Mana Gem
    /use Trinket 1
    /use Trinket 2
    /cast Arcane Power
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Arcane Blast
    You can't use 2 on-use trinkets together, so using the first one would put the 2nd one on a CD, and the same goes for AP and PoM being used together so PoM wouldn't get used at the same time either. I've never seen the advantage in using a macro to combine too many things together because there are times when you'd want to use things individually, particularly when it comes to something like PoM or MI. And if you have to have PoM bound to a key then there's no reason to have it in a macro.

If you absolutely have to macro cooldowns together, then just linking mana gem and arcane power is probably the safest and you could throw in one on use trinket at the same time.

Honestly I would say keep them all on seperate keys, because as Wilderness81 mentioned, there will be times when you'll want to pop them seperately. You also mention using mirror images and then hitting your cd button, but if you have the glyph of arcane power, then mirror images are off the gcd, and you can just pop them between arcane blasts after you activate your cds.

best burn macro is usually just:

/use Volcanic Potion
    /use item 13
    /use item 14
    /use Mana Gem
    /cast Arcane Power
    /cast Arcane Blast

Anything else is uncivilized :P

Thanks for your help everyone. I wasn't aware of the shared cooldowns on PoM and AP. I agree with you, wilderness, that I might want to use different things at different times, but typically I want them all at once for my burn phase as Arcane, and its just a whole lot of buttons and a whole lot of clicks. I think that even though I have that glyph of arcane power, I'll keep Mirror Image out of the macro, but I'm going to try what zulkir suggested and yjmark macro'd out, and see how that works for me. It should save me time, and save me from having to do any mouse clicking like I've been doing for my cooldowns. I guess I'll just pop my PoM individually after the 15second cooldown from my AP.