Deleted

Buying new computer

Hi!

Since my local electronics store has 20% off whole sortiment today, I started to think about buying a new computer. I'm currently using a 3 year old laptop which never has been particularly good at all. Building my own computer is not an option for me, have no experience with it and I don't know anyone else who has it either.
    How would these two perform on games such as WoW, Starcraft and others (perhaps more demanding games such as Crysis)? And which one would perform best?

Computer 1:

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-515sc

Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 2,8-3,1GHz
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 (2x4GB) (Max.16GB)
    Hard drive: 1TB 7200rpm
    Graphics: AMD Radeon HD6850 1GB DDR5 with AMD Eyefinity
    Price: 730 Euros

Computer 2:

HP Pavilion HPE h8-1056sc

Processor: Intel Core i5-2310 2,9-3,2GHz
    Memory: 10GB DDR3 (Max 16GB)
    Hard drive: 1000GB (7200rpm)
    Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX550i 1GB
    Price 640 Euros

Note: Computer 2 is slightly cheaper (about 100 euros) and has USB 3.0 ports. Also, if I missed anything, please tell me! I'm very new to this stuff, having only bought one computer on my own before.

Thanks!

/Blaitlack
    Last edited by mmoc94ff95ebce; 2011-08-17 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Added prices

Deleted
    and the prices?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks nice but as above said, prices what are they?

Also Crysis 2 isn't demanding on your system

Deleted
    Computer 1: About 730 Euros
    Computer 2: About 640 Euros
    Last edited by mmoc94ff95ebce; 2011-08-17 at 01:36 PM.

Actually, i'd suggest building your own. As you said it's not an option for you because you have no expertise in it, but neither had I. A good tutorial on the internet is easy to find, and alot of instructions come with the parts themselves. I build my pc a year ago, and it has the same specs as PC 1 only with a slightly different Video Card and it costed me around 500 euros. But if you really dont want to do it, They're both nice pc's, just look some stuff up on the video cards. But I'm an AMD fanboy, so I would be going for PC1 :P

First one performs much better. Half of that 100€ difference is in the graphics card, and other half in stuff that does not matter much like silly amount of RAM and few % faster CPU.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Computer 1 isn't actually that bad, if it had i5 2500k it would almost be perfect. However, what motherboards do they have?

Still, for 730 eur, it's better to put together your own. You don't need any experience with it. It only has like 8-10 parts inside and they only go to only 1 socket that's meant for them. You would probably even get it right by trial and error :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Computer 1 isn't actually that bad, if it had i5 2500k it would almost be perfect. However, what motherboards do they have?

Still, for 730 eur, it's better to put together your own. You don't need any experience with it. It only has like 8-10 parts inside and they only go to only 1 socket that's meant for them. You would probably even get it right by trial and error :P
    Most likely a HP locked motherboard where u can´t do shit with

Deleted
    They are both pretty good deal imo.

Having 10GB of RAM is a little odd (number wise), but other than that it seems to come down to Geforce GTX 550 Ti vs. Radeon HD 6850. And Honestly, I think it's a bit of a toss-up.

I'd go with the 640 Euro one.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    but other than that it seems to come down to Geforce GTX 550 Ti vs. Radeon HD 6850. And Honestly, I think it's a bit of a toss-up.
    Except that it isn't. 550ti is notably worse than R6850.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.