Thread: 3DS Worth It?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    I'm hoping it'll go down in price one more time and then I want it.

I'm so excited to play some new Nintendo games. I'd rather play them on the Wii (Wii U actually), but well... what can you do? I don't think we'll be able to pirate 3DS games. Or maybe we will, no idea.

Before people get butthurt, I had a DS of my own that I paid for, and paid a lot of games for it. The DS was then old, and broken, and I got the games on my computer so I could still play them.
    You can play Ocarina of Time on the Wii as well as Star Fox 64, so on so on.
    Hey everyone

idk i prefer the ds lite still
    Bane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    You can play Ocarina of Time on the Wii as well as Star Fox 64, so on so on.
    I know that, I meant the NEW games. Like the new Mario, the new Paper Mario, the new Luigi's Mansion, Kid Icarus, all of those juicy ones.

I still do want to play OOT on the 3DS though since I like the idea of improved graphics

Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    idk i prefer the ds lite still
    You mean you'd rather stick with the older generation that will eventually not have games being made for it? (Why does everyone think 3DS is another DS?)

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing I would love Nintendo for but would probably be difficult to do is take a page from the newest PSP model and allow the system to be connected to play on a television set. I don't know how they could do it, maybe similar to how DS emulators on PC run games, or hell if they released them I would buy one of the multi-screen set ups they have set up at Nintendo World stores to play DS games on. Now for the Wii U it could easily be done so I am going to keep my fingers crossed on them coming up with something for that.

As for the 3DS I still haven't gotten one yet since the only game out so far I am more then a little interested in is Steel Diver. OoT I played so many times I have gotten sick of it so I will be waiting for a while for the remake. The Cave Story remake looks interesting but I am not sure if its out yet. However I will be getting a 3DS when Kid Icarus Uprising comes out or if Mario/Paper Mario ends up being released before it. The Ambassador program doesn't interest me since I have all the NES/GBA games they are offering anyway on their original systems which I would rather play on a TV anyway so I am going to wait for the price drop.

Its worth it now.

Ocarina of Time.

Next month Star Fox

November Mario 64

December Mario Kart

And at some point around christmas everyone gets a free download of 4 swords.

The 3DS be moreso worth it as time goes on, particularly when the inevitable slim model is released, and a few more of the key library items come out. Paper Mario and Kid Icarus come to mind there, and Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright/Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle if you're a fan of those series. Not sure what the plans are with VS Wright though, with all that withdrawn Capcom support in the west.
    Last edited by Gorthalis; 2011-08-18 at 05:45 PM.
    Those who search for meaning in something will always find it - even if it's not there. Apophenia and pareidolia, gentlemen.

10+ Year Old Account
    After the Price Drop it is more worth it than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    The one thing I would love Nintendo for but would probably be difficult to do is take a page from the newest PSP model and allow the system to be connected to play on a television set.
    I think that this may be a planned feature for the WiiU, stream your TV to a controller, or stream your 3DS to the TV.

However I will be getting a 3DS when Kid Icarus Uprising comes out or if Mario/Paper Mario ends up being released before it.
    If you're in Europe, Kid Icarus has been delayed till Q1 2012. Mario Kart and Mario 3D Land are still on course for November/December

And at some point around christmas everyone gets a free download of 4 swords.
    September
    Last edited by Fizzlegear; 2011-08-18 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlegear View Post

September
    The earlier the better!

"All we’ve said to date is that we see the opportunity for cross-platform playing," Fils-Aime said of Wii U to 3DS streaming. "We have one key developer with a very strong relationship to Nintendo, the same developer who created Smash Brothers, that is envisioning a Smash Brothers experience that will be cross platform between Wii U and 3DS. So we're certainly thinking about it. What I would say is our experience will likely be very different than what our competitors are doing."
    -From Reggie

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting on the new Mario Kart.

OP you answered your own question really.

For me I don't think they're worth it, I still like my DSlite. Everyone I know who got a 3DS they always turn the 3d off or down after a little while, so with the main feature basically undesired I don't see enough justification for me to buy one.

I don't see a massive difference between this version and the older versions of the DS.

Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    I don't see a massive difference between this version and the older versions of the DS.
    There's never a MASSIVE difference between systems. (Generation -- to the next)

Yep, no difference.

Can I get payed everytime I have to post these pictures?

Deleted
    No.

Next question.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 3ds is a whole different system. It's not just another DS, it's like going from a GBC to a GBA. The games it can do are better, and the graphics and such are better. I'm also pretty sure Nintendo is probably going to pull the plug on DS stuff with the 3ds out. Sure you may have to turn it down or off, but it's still much better at doing what it does than any of the DS systems.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmatto View Post
    No.

Next question.
    You know-- saying just 'no' with no reasoning is not exactly helpful to OP, so your post was sort of counter productive, that'd be like me saying "Octopus" and not explaining myself.

Deleted
    Not really, he asked a question and I gave an answer.

"Octopus" would be completely unrelated and I would assume you had some kind of mental retardation.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmatto View Post
    Not really, he asked a question and I gave an answer.

"Octopus" would be completely unrelated and I would assume you had some kind of mental retardation.
    If someone just said "No" with no reasoning, I'd kind of not take their advice or look elsewhere for the advice.

The graphics difference is quite amazing but I don't really play with my DS for the graphics, I play for fun and nostalgia with all the old series they have (mario, pokemon,etc). If I was playing for graphics and gameplay I would just play on my psp, they have a larger selection of games that are a lot less child orientated.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    You know-- saying just 'no' with no reasoning is not exactly helpful to OP, so your post was sort of counter productive, that'd be like me saying "Octopus" and not explaining myself.
    The OP isn't actually asking that question though, he already stated he thinks it's worth it which implies he just wanted to know what others thought, what we say won't change his decision. The OP is not looking for advice.