Poll: Brake instant on dmg

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Hungering Cold

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hungering Cold

Hello,

Just wondering what u guys think, cause imo hungering cold is fine with the cast time now etc. but it should brake on dmg like sheep.
    Its not the first (and prolly not the last aswell ) that i get in a hungering cold (yes i got fear into it) and i get 4 mana burns before the thing brakes..

So what u think
    Brake instant on dmg or fine the way it is?

It breaks instantly on damage, only doesent break on DK diseases. So no, u didnt get burned 4 times before it was broken, or u werent in Hungering Cold in the first place

... 2500 player here.. believe me 4 burns before it broke.

U possibly had some shield on yourself, that mitigated burn damage, therefore HC didnt break

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiZzZ* View Post
    you're lying, it breaks on non DK disease damage so as soon as you got mana burned the first time you were out. Screenshots also help with this kind of thing. (also link your armory)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right and Im a 3k rated player and hc breaks on damage.

You probably got feared into Ring of Frost, not Hungering Cold.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, you're not. Unless 2500 is the number for a lost streak you're at right now.

It breaks on any damage other than diseases.

Hungering Cold

I would give you the benefit of the doubt and say you might actually be a 2500 rated player but something so obvious can't possibly be mistaken by somebody actually playing at 2500 unless they're trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You probably got feared into Ring of Frost, not Hungering Cold.
    Which still breaks on damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

If it did not break on non-DK disease damage, then it's bugged or something.

Hungering Cold is already designed to break on any damage other than DK diseases.

HC breaks when YOU take damage. If you have any absorb on, then the Priest can get multiple burns off before HC breaks. If you're a 2500 player, then its possible the Priest and DK coordinated this together to land burns by baiting you/your healer to place an absorb on you then casting HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    Which still breaks on damage.
    Rof doesn't always break on damage.

Deleted
    you had an 'absorb' effect up which fully absorbed the "damg portion" of the mana burn but your mana stil goes down.
    only Hex can cc someone and allow them to take damg from things other than the casters dots and some even break without that (cyclone excluded as your immune to damg anyway)

Right i'm a 3.5k rated player, AND I PLAY THE HERO CLASS(DK(who has the ability, Hungering Cold)), and it breaks on all dmg, but diseases(it applies Frost Fever itself)

I'm a 4k rated dk and I think telling your rating as an argument to prove your theory/claim is wrong. Also, hungering cold is absolutely fine right now, it would be also fine if it didn't break instantly on dmg, cuz almost every class has an interrupt now so I rarely even finish the cast

15+ Year Old Account
    Just popping in to let you guys know I just hit 6k rating. One thing strange tho, on 5.5k rating I got sheeped and the other team burned me down while I was still in it. I had 233k hp btw.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    I'm a 4k rated dk and I think telling your rating as an argument to prove your theory/claim is wrong. Also, hungering cold is absolutely fine right now, it would be also fine if it didn't break instantly on dmg, cuz almost every class has an interrupt now so I rarely even finish the cast
    Only 7k rated players like me know how to fake cast

Yes, yes. If he would realy be a 2.5k player he would know that HC breaks on damage. Players at those rating knows those thing. That is unless he plays mage / with mage... =]

10+ Year Old Account
    I could be wrong but doesn't hungering cold cause frost fever? If so wouldn't that make the mechanic as a whole useless? Unless I'm wrong and it doesn't put FF on the people then yes, I believe it should be broken on the first dmg like a sheep
    Tanks are made of steel, blood and a shield, not magic and twigs.
    My Warrior My Shaman

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i really really doubt that your 2500 and you cant come up with an explanation as to why u got burnt 4 times while sitting in a hungering cold. if u had a bubble on yourself and didnt click it off or have a macro to remove it, your bad. if your partner didnt do anything to interrupt one of the 4 burns, you and your partner are bad. if your complaining about 2s and not 3s, your bad.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.