Thread: Loss of DPS

10+ Year Old Account

Question Loss of DPS

Hello fellow warlocks

I've been a faithful destro warlock ever since i started raiding long time ago, and so this couple of days i decided to try out the 2 other specs. i started with demonology, and thus, reforged all my gear to better suit the spec (and changed trinkets).

All was going well, i noticed an increase of around 3k dps on training dummies from destro to demo, things looked great.

Then i logged of the game for 2 days. When i came back i reforged all my gear back to how it was before and equiped my "destro" trinkets (i was now 100% the same i was before 1st trying demo). This was because i would be raiding with my guild that evening and i still felt more confortable and used to destro.

But on that night i noticed that i couldnt pull numbers as high as i was used to. At the end of the raid i went back tot he training dummies to check my dps selfbuffed and i was barely doing 16k ( 2 days before i was doing 24k as demo and 21k as destro)

Has there been any stealth nerf to warlocks in general?

I'd really appreciate if anyone could check my gear and tell me if i forgot anything that may be making me fail so hard now :/ (i know my helmet sucks btw, hoping for Lord Ryolith's headpiece to drop; oh and ignore my affliction offspec, i tried it today to see if i had any luck with numbers)

P.S.: i remembered the only variable on the 2 scenarios. I'm using a different internet connection than the one i was using right after the respec as im not at my regular home. Sometimes i feel a tiny-winy increase on world and home latency, but nothing too big. Can this explain the huge difference in dps?
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2011-08-17 at 01:16 AM.

Deleted
    I haven't heard of any silent nerf. Anyway dummies aren't good to test dps, you can't test the execution phase. The best would be to you sim your char in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Julianakm View Post
    I haven't heard of any silent nerf. Anyway dummies aren't good to test dps, you can't test the execution phase. The best would be to you sim your char in my opinion.
    I think you missed the point of his post.. he's saying that using the target dummies one day he got 1 result then a few days later on the target dummies again he's getting a different result...

To the OP,
    You are finding that both as Destro AND Demo your numbers are less? This is after reforging etc for Demo? Although you're saying the latency numbers are just barely changed I would suggest this is the reason.. Wait untill you go back to your normal internet connection and try again.. see what the numbers look like that that time.

Deleted
    It sounded that I missed the point but that wasn't my intention. I mean, several times I compare dps in the dummies and I get completely different numbers without changing anything at all.
    Also, have you tried in the same dummy? Not a lower/higher lvl one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the answers.

Yes, i always tried on the big "raid boss" dummy. After a major change i always make sure to try several times so i get an idea of the average dps, and after my initial respec to demo the numbers were pretty high compared to my usual. It was just 2 days after that i played again and noticed the loss on dps, both on demo and destro (each spec reforged accordingly).

I guess i'll wait to get back to my usual connection in 2 days time and i'll check again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so now im back home, to my usual connection.

After a couple of dummy tests, a BH and a couple of dungeons i can say that even though my dps has improved a lot, it still is a couple k's behind my old "normal dps".

I guess ill just wait and see if things slowly come back to normal....meh..

Shot in the dark but have you made any major changes to your UI or keybindings recently?

No changes have been made to locks at this point... They've done enough imo.

Deleted
    Are you playing on the same computer at each of these Internet connections? as if you are playing on different ones each time, that is your reason. changing from one keyboard/mouse to another can take a long time to get used to, and shouldnt be underestimated! :P