I just don't see how the developers could have made a map that requires one team to be way more skilled than the other to even have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    The server browser is fast, efficient, highly customizable and likely to include what is missing regarding what you mentioned soon.
    Right now it's the opposite of those things. In fact I just had to close and restart the battlelog website for the 5th time because it's just unable to show me the servers I want. Most of the servers are useless high ping servers, I then have to manually go thorugh the remaining low ping servers to find one that is not full/empty/password protected or has the wrong size. Yesterday it took me like 15 minutes before I could play.
    And I had zero issues with the BC2 ingame server browser, set filters, click search, pick one of the top three servers - you're in the game.

Oh not to mention that it only scan like the first 20 servers, you have to manually scroll down for the others to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Right now it's the opposite of those things. In fact I just had to close and restart the battlelog website for the 5th time because it's just unable to show me the servers I want. Most of the servers are useless high ping servers, I then have to manually go thorugh the remaining low ping servers to find one that is not full/empty/password protected or has the wrong size. Yesterday it took me like 15 minutes before I could play.
    And I had zero issues with the BC2 ingame server browser, set filters, click search, pick one of the top three servers - you're in the game.
    Do you remember the BC2 server browser at launch? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Do you remember the BC2 server browser at launch? :P
    Nope didn't play at launch, nor do I care about it. What i do know that Dice has a history of royally fucking up the server browser and it looks like they've managed it once again.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Battlelog is terrible, I have a hard time finding even ONE server that I want to play one.
    It shows conquest mode when I have the filter set to Rush.
    It shows servers with ping >100, which are absolutely useless. No ping filter either.
    Most of the time it doesn't show the Ping at all.
    No way to filter for map size.
    No way to filter password protected servers.
    No way to blacklist servers.
    "

While you are completely correct that there is no ping filter, map size filter, password protected filter or a way to blacklist servers you are able to sort by ping (making your comment basically redundant), and you are able to sort by the amount of players.

The server browser is fast, efficient, highly customizable and likely to include what is missing regarding what you mentioned soon.

The BC2 browser? Even the BF2 browser? Horrible. Shoddy, slow, it doesn't update fast enough, clicking a server can often make the game choke and slowdown, on BF2 it can even crash - and does so often. BC2 friends - completely useless, hard to find friends and get them to join, hard to see where everything is. BC2 most of the time the history is wrong and the favourites will often not show.

The server switching? I have had no trouble with, the game alt+tab's immediately, the game closes immediately, and when loading I can do whatever I want - and it tends to load within 30 seconds anyway. It also allows me to open my friends list and the game manager simultaneously, where I can drag friends across to invite them to the game.

The battlelog is also not intrusive, when they receive the invite they don't get full screen "hey u just got an invite" messages in a separate window like you might expect. They can just be ignored if need be.

The battlelog system is up there with the best of all systems used for server browsing, it's not ideal just yet but it will likely be improved with the functionality we require, it is in it's infancy afterall.
    Actually, there IS a way to filter map size and password protected servers (down near Punkbuster On/Off). Just because you can't fathom the brain cells necessary to learn how to use an application doesn't mean it's broken or useless. Conquest Large and Conquest = Map size. Lower player count = smaller map, btw.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh not to mention that it only scan like the first 20 servers, you have to manually scroll down for the others to show up.
    I´m gonna give you a little tip here to save you some time when you search for servers.

I guess you have played on couple of servers by now? well how about you actually favorite those servers you like and play on them? instead of looking for a new server every time you want to play.
    You name there is hard to find low ping server who are not empty servers or full, well there is filters in battlelog for that, its under *Free slots" section, as for the ping,
    on top of the server browser there is this

Sort by: Name, Mode, Map, FriendsPlayers | Players | PB | PING | now click on the ping...... and now every low ping server is at the top of the server list, hard? no

You all so name that there is not a option to filter for map size, actually there is, Conquest is 32, LARGE Conquest is 64.
    All so Password protected servers you can filter out, RANKED servers CAN'T be password protected.
    Last edited by Torched; 2011-10-31 at 05:23 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Epiphanes View Post
    Actually, there IS a way to filter map size and password protected servers (down near Punkbuster On/Off). Just because you can't fathom the brain cells necessary to learn how to use an application doesn't mean it's broken or useless. Conquest Large and Conquest = Map size. Lower player count = smaller map, btw.
    I never said it was broken nor useless, I said it was efficient, highly customizable, and likely to include what is missing soon.

There is no password filter, I do have the brain cells required to use my eyes, and I am staring at it right now and seeing nothing.

Game
    Battlefield 3
    Back to Karkand
    Filter by server name
    Mode
    Conquest Large
    Conquest
    Rush
    Squad Rush
    Squad DM
    Team DM
    Region
    North America
    South America
    Antarctica
    Africa
    Europe
    Asia
    Oceania
    Free slots

1-5
    5+
    Empty
    Full
    Preset
    Normal
    Hardcore
    Infantry Only
    Custom
    Ranked
    On
    Off
    Punkbuster
    On
    Off
    Maps
    Map Icon Operation Métro
    Map Icon Grand Bazaar
    Map Icon Tehran Highway
    Map Icon Caspian Border
    Map Icon Canals
    Map Icon Damavand Peak
    Map Icon Operation Firestorm
    Map Icon Seine Crossing
    Map Icon Kharg Island
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

I think servers with passwords cant be ranked so if you check mark ranked on it gets rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I´m gonna give you a little tip here to save you some time when you search for servers.

I guess you have played on couple of servers by now? well how about you actually favorite those servers you like and play on them? instead of looking for a new server every time you want to play.
    You name there is hard to find low ping server who are not empty server or full, well there is filters in battlelog for that, its under *Free slots" section, as for the ping,

Sort by: Name, Mode, Map, FriendsPlayers | Players | PB | PING | now click on the ping...... and now every low ping server is at the top of the server list, hard? no

You all so name that there is not a option to filter for map size, actually there is, Conquest is 32, LARGE Conquest is 64.
    All so Password protected servers you can filter out, RANKED servers CAN'T be password protected.
    Noted with the ranked thing, they really need to make that more evident.

You name there is hard to find low ping server who are not empty server or full, well there is filters in battlelog for that, its under *Free slots" section, as for the ping,

I have ranked servers enabled. It still shows password protected servers.
    It also shows 64/48/32/20/16 player maps for both "conquest" and "conquest large" so that filter doesn't work either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have ranked servers enabled. It still shows password protected servers.
    It also shows 64/48/32/20/16 player maps for both "conquest" and "conquest large" so that filter doesn't work either.
    The difference between Conquest and Large Conquest maps is the flags difference, in Conquest you have 3 flags in Large Conquest you have 5, you can play Conquest who are for 32 players in a 64 players server, you can all so play rush who are designed for 32 on a 64 server.
    If you pick Conquest in your filter and see 64 player server it does not mean that the map is Large conquest it means that the server is running a 32 player version of that map on a 64 man server.

Its the same maps, the only difference is how many flags there are.
    Last edited by Torched; 2011-10-31 at 05:36 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Cant stress it enouth..

Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    Cant stress it enouth..
    *vid*
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Imma keep playing it and they can keep looking at my stuff. The second something pertinent of mine appears somewhere that I know for a fact I didn't give out (because I have little to no info about me on the web) appears, I'll do something about it. Until then, I'll just enjoy BF3.

Blah blah I know, I'm a mindless sheep, a lemming and it's my fault the industry does stuff like this and gets away with it. But guess what? I'm playing BF3.
    Like anything you do is really private anymore, so EA knows i watch alot of anime big deal. If your so paranoid do what other paranoid people do and run virtual machines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Like anything you do is really private anymore, so EA knows i watch alot of anime big deal. If your so paranoid do what other paranoid people do and run virtual machines
    This is for you : http://www.southpark.de/alleEpisoden/1501/?lang=
    Lets hope you dont end as a Human Centipete^^

Yeah........privacy is a very loose term nowadays. I honestly don't give a damn, for I have nothing to hide. I am going to bump this question since I only had one response.

I dont know if this is a glitch or I am doing something wrong but I want some feedback. Here are 2 scenarios.

SCENARIO 1
    I am on the ground with my stinger, locking on to jets, first one fires, flare goes off. I fire the second rocket, it hits the jet, I get the "disabled vehicle" pop up, and you see the jet flying around with lots of smoke. This gives the pilot time to jump out before the jet slowly dies (rarely do people stay in the Jet, preventing me from getting the kill).

SCENARIO 2
    I am flying a jet when the "you are locked on" sound starts blaring. First set of flares go off. I hear the sound again, but this time all of a sudden I die. I repeat, I die, not the jet. I see the jet slowly float down, intact.

Why is it that I die, yet the jet hasn't been destroyed yet. Did the stinger freaking lock on to my head and hit me through the cockpit while leaving the jet intact? Has anybody encountered this?

Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    This is for you : http://www.southpark.de/alleEpisoden/1501/?lang=
    Lets hope you dont end as a Human Centipete^^
    Man that 5 hours of BF3 was awesome last night. So glad I bought it. Aren't you other people who don't care about this stuff enough to stop you from buying a game?

25Hrs played. The game is simply amazing. Yes, Battlelog has some issues, Yes, the game has some issues. It came out a week ago, what did you expect? A perfect product at launch? That simply doesn't happen anymore, the more complex games are, the highest the chance to have a few bugs come release. Are any of them gamebreaking? Hardly.

If you're having problems running the game, it is most likely the fault of your pc, not the game itself, and those can be fixed if you spend 10 mins looking around the web, instead of going to forums and complaining about it.

If you're worried about your privacy, run the game in a VM with nothing else on it.

If you're not enjoying the game at this point, it really is your own fault. I play with 3 RL friends, we always join the same squad (my only issue so far, squad management, it can be a pain in the ass) after some initial setup time, but after that? I've been having a total blast with it.

Sometimes I just stop, and look around, jets, helicopters, tanks wreacking havoc, and it's mind blowing how amazing everything looks.

Be patient, patches will come, the game can only get better from now on.

15+ Year Old Account
    I´m going to point something out for you.

Lets take Bad Company 2 for an example.

You turn on the game.
    Wait for the EA logo and Dice logo.
    Skip the into movie.
    Wait for the game to be fully loaded.
    Click on the server browser to find a server.
    Click on a server and wait for the game to load.
    Play.

Now Battlelog.

Most people have battlelog turned on 24/7.
    You click on the server browser.
    Find a server.
    Click on the server.
    The game loads in the background and you can do what ever you want while the game loads.
    Click on the game in your bar down there and play.

It takes FAR less time to play through Battlelog then it ever did launching the game the old way.
    Friends and checking your friends stats/platoons is easy and comfortable, battlelog was created for social aspect of the game.
    I´m from Iceland and we have a Icelandic only platoon and its full and I can meet people and play with people I never knew existed and this would not work with the old system.
    People give up or say battlelog is crap before even trying it, as someone who has played almost EVERY single fps game since 1999 I can tell you that battlelog is FAR from being the worst, its actually in my top server and game management systems.
    So the only time you're actually "in-game" is when you click 'Join' and the game/map starts loading?

Browsing for servers, looking at friends list, editing options, checking weapon stats is all done through the browser (maybe not editing options, that's likely in-game still..)??
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Looking for people to help start my server up again, it was up and running fine until updates. thanks! Server name is [MRKH]Hardcore anything goes. its 64 player conquest server but atm it's 32 player rush. [HC]

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    So the only time you're actually "in-game" is when you click 'Join' and the game/map starts loading?

Browsing for servers, looking at friends list, editing options, checking weapon stats is all done through the browser (maybe not editing options, that's likely in-game still..)??
    Correct. The only time you are in game is when you actually join one. All of the game options (loadouts, weapon customization, graphics and sound options) are all done in game. All stats are available out of the game via BL. You can even manage favorite servers via the browser without needing to go in game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by hottss View Post
    Looking for people to help start my server up again, it was up and running fine until updates. thanks! Server name is [MRKH]Hardcore anything goes. its 64 player conquest server but atm it's 32 player rush. [HC]
    Put up the link to the server page.