Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    Played it a lot more tonigh (ps3) and with the bug fixes, especially the bullet damage thing and the stupid lag gone I could have a lot of fun with this game. There are a lot of bugs and some I just don't even understand. I was part of an 8+ killing spree a guy went on with a shotgun standing in our spawn point. I put so many bullets into the guy before he finally died I really don't understand what happened.

People are complaining about being killed after running under cover, I have it beat. I got an assist kill for someone I killed. I also got an assist for something I shouldn't have, I had not shot anyone in a while and still got it which I thought was strange. A teammate took on two guys and died as I ran around the corner in time to see him die and then got one of them down before I died. Most of my deaths are when under cover so that sucks but I am thinking the killing will be way down if the game was running better. Far more kills than people should be getting.

---------- Post added 2011-10-01 at 03:31 AM ----------

If you don't see lag problems you aren't looking very hard.
    There haven't been any bug fixes... You didn't read my post very thoroughly

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta is pretty fun, especially since alot of the bugs are getting server side fixes now.

Operation Metro is a lame map, I want something else

10+ Year Old Account
    oh btw dont bother with the open beta it sucks

<Mod Edit: Provide some constructive conversation, "it sucks" doesn't give any valuable input>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-10-01 at 04:06 AM.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    oh btw dont bother with the open beta it sucks
    O.o

I've been playing i for hours straight having a blast. A few glitches aside, it looks and works great.

Am i the only one who cant fathom how they can make such a good engine and rest of the game but yet the weapons look not up to par with the rest of the game? The animations are stale as hell as well.

Played some more tonight, when both teams aren't terrible the map can be really fun and intense especially has you get to the farther stages and it seems like some of the more annoying bugs got fixed like falling through the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Miggetmagic View Post
    I started out on my Xbox, because I was going to play it with a friend whos computer can't run it. When servers went down yesterday, I downloaded it on the PC. My initial reaction when switching over was Console > PC, but then I got used to the PC version and now PC > Console. I definitely had more fun playing this beta then I ever had playing black ops, but after a few hours of playing, it seemed like more and more people were camping. After 4 or 5 hours of straight play, it just got frustrating beyond belief, to the point where I couldn't even spawn without being killed in 5 seconds.

Couple of things really really irk me about BF3, and I hope for the sake of anyone buying this game, that these are fixed. First off, You cant skip the "killcam" w/e you want to call it after your death, and get into editing your loadout quicker. Also, if you are trying to change ANY settings, and you get killed, it will automatically close down your options menu and won't save any changes you may have made. You also can't pause while you're dead, or leave a match while in between matches (unless I'm missing something there).

Edit: Console port is ok, but seriously, how hard is it to have it pull up menus when you hit select, or map B (on Xbox) to an action? Am I missing something, or is impossible to let players keybind on console controllers?
    Key mapping will be enabled on game release, it's a beta for a reason.

If they are gona call their game realistic can they ditch the stupid ass looking ranks and either go with REAL ranks or use a entire new set like in 2142.

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    There haven't been any bug fixes... You didn't read my post very thoroughly
    With 2000+ posts I would assume basic reading skills.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/09/battlefie...ield+3+Blog%29

UPDATE: DICE has stated that these changes won’t be implemented in the beta, rather, they will be carried over to the full game. DICE is outlining what changes will be in the final game — the beta won’t be updated.
    With 2000+ posts I would assume basic reading skills.
    You'd be surprised by the reading comprehension of some high-post MMO-C users, actually.

Can anyone connect to beta servers today?

You'd be surprised by the reading comprehension of some high-post MMO-C users, actually.
    Played it a lot more tonight (ps3) and with the bug fixes, especially the bullet damage thing and the stupid lag gone I could have a lot of fun with this game. There are a lot of bugs and some I just don't even understand. I was part of an 8+ killing spree a guy went on with a shotgun standing in our spawn point. I put so many bullets into the guy before he finally died I really don't understand what happened.

Played it a lot more tonight (ps3) and with the bug fixes, especially the bullet damage thing and the stupid lag gone I could have a lot of fun with this game. There are a lot of bugs and some I just don't even understand. I was part of an 8+ killing spree a guy went on with a shotgun standing in our spawn point. I put so many bullets into the guy before he finally died I really don't understand what happened.
    Personally, I don't understand why they don't implement the fixes now to see if they actually worked =\

Deleted
    Hey guys.

So, I was bored and started up fraps and took a rush game.

Cut down 30mins or gameplay to around 9-10mins - tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jjraarup?feature=mhee

Video starts 5 secs in, I made a mistake when I rendered it.

I play as an Engineer and yes, I do use my rockets - so hate all you want

Weapon is SCAR-H with silencer and grip.

Anyways, hope you enjoy it - see you all ingame

Fav/like and all that stuff, if you really do - if you are into that youtube stuff

- Cheers!

Deleted
    Actually i cant getting anything out of this game cos it's just constant lag. Played 5 rounds or so = 0 kills, 20 deaths
    And you know when you should see the enemy who killed you for 10 seconds or so, they are invisible for me, so i think they are invisible for me all the time so i dont get even chance to kill them

10+ Year Old Account
    My core2Duo (2.8Ghz I think) runs BF3 Beta..... just.... like the thing is on 100% usage, which is starting to worry me.

also running a 4850 and 6bg RAM. So I can just play the thing on low to med gfx.

Quote Originally Posted by Raarup View Post
    Hey guys.

So, I was bored and started up fraps and took a rush game.

Cut down 30mins or gameplay to around 9-10mins - tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jjraarup?feature=mhee

Video starts 5 secs in, I made a mistake when I rendered it.

I play as an Engineer and yes, I do use my rockets - so hate all you want

Weapon is SCAR-H with silencer and grip.

Anyways, hope you enjoy it - see you all ingame

Fav/like and all that stuff, if you really do - if you are into that youtube stuff

- Cheers!
    No one is playing Engineer and it was one of my favorites from BC2. I took an MCOM solo last night by standing in a bush near the MCOM and hitting it with rockets. Got 7 kills with them which was rather funny.

Deleted
    No one is playing Engineer and it was one of my favorites from BC2. I took an MCOM solo last night by standing in a bush near the MCOM and hitting it with rockets. Got 7 kills with them which was rather funny.
    Ya, they are really awsome - Also, RPG's aint nothing like Carl Gustav is in BFBC2, you really have to hit people now to get frags with it.

Cant wait for the final release of the game, with more maps

Deleted
    I finally managed to launch the game after uninstalling Spybot - Search and Destroy. Who'd have guessed it was stopping me from playing the game.

And although I've only played an hour or so, I already understand why Operation Metro gets so much hate. The "surface" parts are just a pain.

Other than that it seems ok. But it's hard to get excited based on Metro alone.

Thank god they'll be making Caspian Border and Back to Karkand available later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I finally managed to launch the game after uninstalling Spybot - Search and Destroy. Who'd have guessed it was stopping me from playing the game.

And although I've only played an hour or so, I already understand why Operation Metro gets so much hate. The "surface" parts are just a pain.

Other than that it seems ok. But it's hard to get excited based on Metro alone.

Thank god they'll be making Caspian Border and Back to Karkand available later.
    Absolutely can't wait for Karkand, obviously Caspian border is where it is all at, but I love me some Karkand. And honestly, I don't think Metro is that bad. I can imagine it being a nice change of pace if you've got enough of the whole vehicle thing after a while in the actual release.