Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Rift Loyalty: 7k per sub month

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...-amount.html#2

Daglar posted on the PTS forums that the formula for calculating how much Loyalty points you get is 7,000 per month you had been subscribed. So, figure out how many months you had been subscribed, plus any remaining months on your sub, and multiply it by 7,000 and you get your total Loyalty points. Having 10 months, I get 70,000 points. Downloading the PTS right now to see what all you get for the loyalty points (2 months short of getting the pants, gloves, and boots from the 12 month veteran rewards).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...-amount.html#2

Daglar posted on the PTS forums that the formula for calculating how much Loyalty points you get is 7,000 per month you had been subscribed. So, figure out how many months you had been subscribed, plus any remaining months on your sub, and multiply it by 7,000 and you get your total Loyalty points. Having 10 months, I get 70,000 points. Downloading the PTS right now to see what all you get for the loyalty points (2 months short of getting the pants, gloves, and boots from the 12 month veteran rewards).
    The formula is not yet up on the PTS, You'll be able to see all the rewards, but you will not be able to claim anything, Slip did a nice post a while back explaining all the rewards, however they have added quite a few more things in and have not finished adding stuff yet!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loyalty Levels, taken from Slip's info:

Green:30,000 (4.2 months sub)
    Blue:90,000 (12.9 months sub)
    Purple:180,000 (25.7 months sub)
    Orange:600,000 (85.7 months sub)
    Red:1,200,000 (171.4 months sub)

Assuming the rate stays the same going forward, you will need to spend a metric ton of cash in order to ever get the orange and red tiers. This is a glaring problem akin to SWTOR having gamified their rep system with cartel boxes. Not very happy with this info tbh.

I'll wait for further clarification about how much is rewarded from buying/spending credits and what if the patron status will reward the asme or greater loyalty levels before I go bonkers.
    BAD WOLF

14 years* of subscription for Red tier. Incredible.

*I am aware sub alone is not the only way to increase loyalty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    14 years* of subscription for Red tier. Incredible.

*I am aware sub alone is not the only way to increase loyalty.
    Agreed, While I do want something to work towards Loyalty wise, the Orange and Red tiers seem absolutely ridiculous. Anything higher than 60 months sub time is pretty silly.

Orange and red tier, ouch.

I'll probably be in the beginning of the orange tier, but I don't see myself making it out of there for quite some time. Those are some pretty daunting numbers for new players though. I guess Trion is taking the long view with this one.

14 years.....

is that reasonable?

hmmmmmmmmmmz

7k times been playing since release so March 2011 with a one months break....2 years and 2 months...26 x 7 = 182,000

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    14 years.....

is that reasonable?
    I think they're really banking on a mixture of whales blowing a ton of cash to hit that now, and providing a long term goal (the kind you hit over nearly a decade) for others. It's not going to be feasible as a short term goal for the vast majority of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Green:30,000 (4.2 months sub)
    Blue:90,000 (12.9 months sub)
    Purple:180,000 (25.7 months sub)
    Orange:600,000 (85.7 months sub)
    Red:1,200,000 (171.4 months sub)
    Let's further assume that they use the dollar average to determine how much loyalty you get per credit. $15 = 7,000

Green:30,000 ($63.00)
    Blue:90,000 ($193.50)
    Purple:180,000 ($385.50)
    Orange:600,000 ($1285.50)
    Red:1,200,000 ($2571.00)

No, this is not even remotely reasonable. The Red tier is financially 40 times the value of the green tier and the rewards aren't even close to being 40x better. They need to seriously reevaluate what they are doing with this sytem.
    BAD WOLF

It does look like people are not getting the right loyalty per credit on test. I think Daglar said it is supposed to be 4 loyalty per credit. Which is far more reasonable then 2. Still the last two tiers are a bit too much right now. I don't get why there needs to be such a massive jump in loyalty needed..ut this is what Daglar said on the amount of loyalty we should be getting.

You receive loyalty both for the purchase of credits, and the spending. Some of your values are off in this thread.

If something isn't working right let us know. But it should be 4x loyalty value in total per credit purchased once you have spent it all.

~Daglar

I think I understand why the 1.2m loyalty is labeled red.

If you spend $2500 on the game that's a big red flag

Let's further assume that they use the dollar average to determine how much loyalty you get per credit. $15 = 7,000

No, this is not even remotely reasonable. The Red tier is financially 40 times the value of the green tier and the rewards aren't even close to being 40x better. They need to seriously reevaluate what they are doing with this sytem.

Well apparently it is supposed to be 4x loyalty per credit. So right now people are not getting the amount they are supposed to get. That being said I don't think the last two tiers should be such a huge jump from the first 3. Either that or those rewards need to improve. Especially for the last tier.

Having experience with F2P publishers & developers and my own expenses in F2P games- when broken into dollars, $1-2k is pretty standard for top F2P spenders over the course of their game time.

The red tier is actually more reasonable when broken into dollars. Its the seeming 14 year sub commitment that is /what.

I think I understand why the 1.2m loyalty is labeled red.

If you spend $2500 on the game that's a big red flag
    Some of our customers at SOE and Frogster used to buy what was the equivalency of a small automobile in the US in cash shop currency.

$20-30 was the usual one off purchase for the majority of customers. We didn't care about them too much. That was the only $20 they were likely to spend.

Those that became entrenched in the cash shop averaged about $60-100 a month. With top end players spending $300+ a month. Sometimes as much as $150 a weekend depending on cash shop weekend sales.

I myself am well over $5k invested into a single F2P. Yet more if I were to add up all my F2P expenses.

Free 2 Play games are highly lucrative. Subs don't even come close.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-06-05 at 03:45 PM.

This would only be reasonable if Red tier got you a job at trion. lol
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Free 2 Play games are highly lucrative. Subs don't even come close.
    Shhh fencer!

They are watching

>.>

<.<

/hides

10+ Year Old Account
    The red tier is actually more reasonable when broken into dollars. Its the seeming 14 year sub commitment that is /what.
    But that's the point. Highlighting the various ways of 'paying' shows through their masked intentions regarding how they intend to make profit from F2P. While some people weren't concerned with moving away from a subscription model, even though they heavil, heavily hammered that as the highest pinnacle of measure for their game....this bluntly shows that a subscription was tossed with the trash without a second thought.

Instead all second thoughts were on how to monopolize whales that would exist in their game while faking that past players and patrons are valuable customers. I mean it's not like they are the devil for trying to make money, but this is certainly not the same Trion from a base stand point. And it's not a good change.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Calliso View Post
    Well apparently it is supposed to be 4x loyalty per credit
    So what is the total cost for buying 30K credits at the highest rate possible? I'm not in game, so I can't dig up the largest purchase package amounts.
    BAD WOLF

But that's the point. Highlighting the various ways of 'paying' shows through their masked intentions regarding how they intend to make profit from F2P. While some people weren't concerned with moving away from a subscription model, even though they heavil, heavily hammered that as the highest pinnacle of measure for their game....this bluntly shows that a subscription was tossed with the trash without a second thought.

Instead all second thoughts were on how to monopolize whales that would exist in their game while faking that past players and patrons are valuable customers. I mean it's not like they are the devil for trying to make money, but this is certainly not the same Trion from a base stand point. And it's not a good change.
    I honestly think you are drawing quite a lot there.

Trion tried a sub model. It didn't work in this current market. They moved to a F2P system. Making a lot of money is their goal.

I see nothing nefarious, underhanded, thoughtless or a shift from Trion's "base stand point".

Pretty straightforward and honest, imo.

Yeah.

I can't fault them for making it so they can fully capitalize on whales, personally. I would do the same thing.
    I know that I can keep from spending 2500 dollars in their cash shop so if someone REALLY wants to have the magic, red sparkle pony or w/e is unlocked by red rank, coolio. So long as it's not like a set of legendary weapons I can't get in game.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    I see nothing nefarious, underhanded, thoughtless or a shift from Trion's "base stand point".

Pretty straightforward and honest, imo.
    I never claimed any of these things, in fact I specifically pointed out this wasn't the case. But to not criticize their complete shift in ethics and intentions is negligent. For a company that was so adamant in their stance to 180 without proper compensation for their old stance shows a number of things, none of them good.

So regardless of how great their cash shop may be, or the model as a whole may be, my points are valid. It may not affect you or me, but it will affect some people and is a truth via actions. Money is now more important than principles.

While that may not affect the game's content, or anyone's experience specifically, these are things that are important to me.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    So long as it's not like a set of legendary weapons I can't get in game.
    But you can't get these items in the game...ever. They are only available via the Loyalty. Additionally, if you continued to 'subscribe' to the game, which they reinforced as the 'proper' way to support their game for all these years, it would take 14 years of your life and money to do so.

The dsicrepancy reflects the principles and that's where there's concern.
    BAD WOLF