Quote Originally Posted by SmartzEntertainment View Post
    1) Does anyone here find Endgame and CTF playable ? I mean, I end up with bad teams each time Would love to play it in a clan war though.
    first thing you need to know is that the game server does not provide enough information that lets us work on balancing the team, for example in CTF we do not know how many flags each team has captured, which is vital information to tell us which team is winning and which team requires better players.

in Rush mode we do not know how many mcoms the attackers has gotten destroyed, which means again that we do not know if that attacking team is weak or not.

but lately there has been a new game balancer being developed (all server plugins are developed by third party that volunteer their time to creating an awesome battlefield, DICE or EA are too lazy to provide anything), this new balancer is very advanced, it is still does not have all the information but it should balance teams equally. it is up to server admins to install the new balancer or not, so you would want server admins who are aware of the updates happening to the game server wise.

2) Is anybody here looking to play with some people ? My group of friends playing BF3 has dwindled, and I would love to team up and cause some havoc... !
    i have a group the focused on playing metro, i do own by myself 11 servers. can find them on xtracommunity.com (european servers).

finally you need to know that European servers are having issues these two days and can not run over 31 players or they crash (typical issues from DICE side, we deal with this kind of shit since release, there is always one huge issue every month.)

Mandus, thank you so much for enlightening me.

Just a curious question: how do you afford 11 servers ?! My clan can't even afford one seeing as donations are lacking and we have other servers to pay for !

I feel really let down. I loved BF2, BF3 is not really the game I expected, I still play it and like it, but BF2 was just a love story... Perfect game for me, required squad teamplay, IG VOIP system...

My clan has started moving again on BF3, we now have a group of about 7 to 8 of us that play most evenings, it is great fun

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    This is pure IMHO, but I don't think revive alone is OP. What is OP is the medikit, revive, AND access to assault rifles which are among the best stuff in the game.

I think that DICE either needs to create a dedicated medic class, armed with a shotgun/PDW (kind of like BF1942) or give the role back to the LMG guy like in BFBC2.

I think classes are quite well balanced but the players just play more close quarters maps or small maps with only one or two vehicles where a medic makes more sense simply because they are infantry based maps. It wouldn't make sense if everyone was playing engineer on infantry strong maps. Once you are playing on a map with vehicles then engineer is much stronger than medic and if you play recon well you will know how powerful that class is. Soflam, MAV, T-UGS is amazing equipment. And one support can hold a lane alone.
    Players underestimate how powerful T-UGS are on those maps and how glad they are with an ammo crate from a support class.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Except for dice has ignored all the problems in this game.. you think they will do anything for bf4 when they're found? Not unless it is a guns recoil.. or someone complaining out choppers
    Ignored all problems? Don't exxagerate. They fixed a few lag issues, bugs and balanced the game. There are still problems but I don't think there is an easy fix for them.

I have weird lag deads constantly but I have yet to play an fps where I didn't have those.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I think classes are quite well balanced but the players just play more close quarters maps or small maps with only one or two vehicles where a medic makes more sense simply because they are infantry based maps. It wouldn't make sense if everyone was playing engineer on infantry strong maps. Once you are playing on a map with vehicles then engineer is much stronger than medic and if you play recon well you will know how powerful that class is. Soflam, MAV, T-UGS is amazing equipment. And one support can hold a lane alone.
    Players underestimate how powerful T-UGS are on those maps and how glad they are with an ammo crate from a support class.
    I fully agree. Unfortunately, nothing comes close to close quarters maps and games in terms of score per minute (except jets/helos), which is why people are playing it.
    Also, vehicles, especially helicopters and jets tend piss off a lot of people, hence them playing on infantry maps (again).

Just played the multiplayer after a very long break, completely sucked at it

Mandus, thank you so much for enlightening me.

Just a curious question: how do you afford 11 servers ?! My clan can't even afford one seeing as donations are lacking and we have other servers to pay for !

I feel really let down. I loved BF2, BF3 is not really the game I expected, I still play it and like it, but BF2 was just a love story... Perfect game for me, required squad teamplay, IG VOIP system...

My clan has started moving again on BF3, we now have a group of about 7 to 8 of us that play most evenings, it is great fun
    yes the game is a lot of fun when you play it over VoIP with a small group of 7 to 8, i do the same with my community.

i had a look over your website and it looks very well made, have you heard of xtracommunity ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I fully agree. Unfortunately, nothing comes close to close quarters maps and games in terms of score per minute (except jets/helos), which is why people are playing it.
    Also, vehicles, especially helicopters and jets tend piss off a lot of people, hence them playing on infantry maps (again).
    metro 64 man large conquest with no frag. that is the best place to level up.

on a different note, 6 days now and you can not play 32-64 man servers in Europe PC. as usual, pathetic EA.

Hello,

The current Battlefield 3 outages are a result of activity that appears to be aimed at overwhelming our game servers. We are working on a variety of solutions to address this problem and are focused on resolution as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience and support.

Moving forward, we will provide the most up to date information to the community here. We are incredibly disappointed by these activities and the impact they are having on all of our ability to enjoy BF3, thank you for your patience as we work to resolve these issues.

/DICE Team
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4625527878522/

SimCity all over again, i knew this kind of problem will happen when DarkLord7854 said

Battlelog is built to handle a lot of load, since obviously we have stats for all players route through it, but the issue we've been seeing is requests being made several times a second in some cases, for a huge amount of data (all of a player's stats) which is not what we designed some of these requests to work like, and causes a large amount of processing and bandwidth overhead which does cost us quite a bit extra.
    typical EA is just not going to spend a cent to make the game actually work without issues.
    Last edited by Mouri Kogorou; 2013-05-08 at 05:42 AM.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    yes the game is a lot of fun when you play it over VoIP with a small group of 7 to 8, i do the same with my community.

i had a look over your website and it looks very well made, have you heard of xtracommunity ?

on a different note, 6 days now and you can not play 32-64 man servers in Europe PC. as usual, pathetic EA.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4625527878522/

SimCity all over again, i knew this kind of problem will happen when DarkLord7854 said

typical EA is just not going to spend a cent to make the game actually work without issues.
    Shiit, i was wondering tho why i was having random disconnects yesterday... (repairing bf did not help anything, it was not my internet connections fault).

It's not just Europe, can't play here in the US either.

EA/DICE is having some kinda of massive DDOS attack. Hopefully they can get in fixed soon
    They are postponing the double EXP weekend due to the server issues, but they didn't say what the new date would be.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2013-05-08 at 03:43 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Scarab Lord
    Yes, which is an infantry map as well.

reaching the 2nd week mark of bad EA service, the current servers issue has cost me over 200 euro...

this is SimCity level of fuck up that i do not understand why it is not on gaming press ...

SimCity all over again
    This is nothing like SimCity. How is getting attacked relatable to a game launch?

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    This is nothing like SimCity. How is getting attacked relatable to a game launch?
    short answer is that their infrastructure is so cheap it can not handle a couple of kids DDoSing them.

i have seen many times DarkLord saying that they are not willing to spend a penny on having better infrastructure and security.

i do not know if you play the game or not, but players especially in Europe have hard times getting connected to game servers and sometimes they get dropped from the game losing all their points.

Mechagnome
    short answer is that their infrastructure is so cheap it can not handle a couple of kids DDoSing them.

i have seen many times DarkLord saying that they are not willing to spend a penny on having better infrastructure and security.

i do not know if you play the game or not, but players especially in Europe have hard times getting connected to game servers and sometimes they get dropped from the game losing all their points.
    This very annoying to try connecting to gameservers... Also very wierd they are not willing to spend anything for better security systems. :/

How can you wish for a game to have seemless connection for the players and yet say they need to improve their security? DDoSing makes use of similar methods to connect as the players do. To block the DDoSers would also make the players connection harder.
    to accomplish.
    Also, its not the amount of players that makes a problem, its the frequency. DDoSing abuses this weakness (like in any other situation) to create problems.

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters is free on Origin right now if you redeem the code BF3E3 (you have to own the base game).