Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,542
    My problem with deathwing is that I dont wanna kill him like I did the LK. The LK was evil and you could tell it. What did deathwing do? Fly over and revamp old quest zones and just generally make everything better. If anything we should be building statues and worshipping him.

  2. #62
    The Patient Arktosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia, Victoria
    Posts
    268
    I play because I like leveling alts, and despite the fact that the PvP is the most unbalanced that it has ever been, it's still more fun than the raiding content.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. ~ Albert Einstein



  3. #63
    There's very little that I actually dislike about Cata. Apparently that offends you, well too bad. Maybe people really should just up and quit already, stop pretending you did and actually do it.

  4. #64
    Brewmaster Gotai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Zaltbommel - Netherlands
    Posts
    1,367
    Why do people defend Cata?
    Because we enjoy Cata?

  5. #65
    I defend Cata because you're obviously either too stupid or too pathologically narcissistic to distinguish between statements of fact and statements of opinion. That's not the game's fault.

    If you don't like it, quit. Everything else is mental masturbation.

  6. #66
    Are you questioning my having fun?

    What gives you the right to question my having fun?

    I'm not sitting next to you when you're doing whatever you find fun, saying "I don't understand why you're having fun, and here is why:"

    Keep your damn opinions to yourself.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  7. #67
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    My problem with deathwing is that I dont wanna kill him like I did the LK. The LK was evil and you could tell it. What did deathwing do? Fly over and revamp old quest zones and just generally make everything better. If anything we should be building statues and worshipping him.
    I'm sure the Twilights Hammer are recruiting.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by microtonal View Post
    snip
    A very late thank you for providing the absolutely fantastic quote that is my sig nowadays, by the way. Dunno if I said it before, as it was quite some time ago :P
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  9. #69
    This Expansion is a big pile of shit if you ask me. The raid's were laughable at best, stupid boss mechanic's (Rag is ok, Doesn't hold a candle to the original IMO.)
    the lore is retarded (Who the hell is deathwing?) and the +100,000 to everyone's hp made pvp retarded.

    Dont know why they made such a shit expansion with such a fast end (Deathwing already?). But it doesn't hold a candle to what BC was, hell even wrath.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBalkoth View Post
    Some of the negative opinions here did not address any of my points just told me it was my opinion. Yes it IS my opinion and it IS a forum so it is a proper venue to lay out my OPINIONS in a reasonable fashion. By the way, you are completely wrong to assume it is only MY opinion. Cata lost 900k subscriptions and I am sure a good chunk of those left because they did not like Cata(Reason I am saying is because inevitably some people will claim burnout not dissatisfaction with cata).
    Obviously you even failed to explain and address your own opinion. If you can't understand "your" opinion to the extremity that it's your opinion, because you're needing other people to address it you're pretty much a sadcase. The fact of Blizzard losing 900,000 sub's you're really must fail to interpret your facts wrong troll, those 900k subscribers were 98% mostly bad players who expect a game to hand them everything you want. It's the same logic for every game if you realize this at all; and, sure this is a forum for you vent your opinion, or your thoughts but you failed to notice you're asking others to explain how you're opinion is wrong. In the end most of the World of Warcraft community did suffice what they liked from Cataclysm, and by all means it's not the best expansion; but, it's damn near a lot more harder than Wrath of the Lich King was, and that will explain your loss of subscribers - actually, I take it you're one of those baddies also.

    Blizzard is becoming desperate in what way? They're not becoming desperate by all means, they're are other games that are getting more strategic, harder at their aspects of content, and their aspects in player vs. player. In the end they have to push content faster and expansions, it's how, real life - the game, works my little friend. Them being desperate is a faulty assumption and a negative opinion from a narrow-minded person, so let us look at these facts here:
    • Blizzard is bringing back Neferian and Onyxia makes them desperate in your own opinion, but in reality of the concept it's not desperate it's a war and having the ability to resurrect your fallen children you would do everything you can. Hell, anyone in reality would love to resurrect their dead child or friend,
    • And us as a community having to find our dungeons was never a bad idea, because back in Vanilla you had to do all these quests to become attuned for raids even. So on that idea you've highly failed on that.
    • A bad protagonist you say? Deathwing, isn't a bad protagonist but maybe in your opinion. I don't see how he's moronic by any means neither is he "bad" just because he doesn't appear every moment in questing doesn't mean anything; furthermore, I found in my opinion Deathwing is a better protagonist than The Lich King has been so far with appearance and ties to quests.
    • Also if you notice Al'akir is the God of Lighting, Nature, and Wind in this game. Notice why Ragnaros game back? (He was never fully defeated either) This war / expansion is not only about Deathwing it's also about the rise of the Elemental War Lords and Gods; furthermore you're probably some troll who has never read World of Warcraft lore.

    There did I address all your stupid opinions for you sir? I hope so because I don't want to waste more time with this thread, and Deathwing is just a puppet to the Twilight actually. Read your lore more.


  11. #71
    1. Cata was rushed. Remember patch 4.01? No, it was not Cata but it set the stage for Cata. 4.01 was essentially a alpha/beta test unleashed on Blizzard's customers. Remember proto drakes not flapping, dying and resurrecting with 1 health at the spirit healer, being transported to random locations, sound not matching to action, weird sounds, lockups, many game breaking bugs etc. 4.01 was a massive bug infested junk. I am honestly surprised 900k did not quit right then and there. 4.03 did fix those bugs but they should have never rushed it out of ptr onto main playing population prematurely which they did. You know Dec 7 launch date for Cata had everything to do with Christmas shopping. The lure and anticipation of Cata is what kept people I guess.
    you do realize of course that they release a pre-expansion patch all the time right? 2.0 was released before TBC, adding all the class-changes TBC was meant to add. 3.0.2 was released before WOTLK, and it added all the class-changes, and new profession before the expansion. 4.0 was released before cata. Did it had bugs? yes, so what? u're gonna sue them? EVERY SINGLE MMO has bugs when they launch patches, the key here is that blizz fixes them. That's more than can be said for most other MMOs that remain bugged for months. Besides, if you had met the beta group for Cataclysm you would had understood that 9 out of 10 of them cared not 1 ounce on actually testing stuff and giving feedback. This left tons of bugs unreported.

    Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

  12. #72
    Why do people attack Cata ?

    Awesome sig made by CryptFiend

  13. #73
    i didn't read the whole thread, and i hardly expect to see anyone reading this post, but one thing i liked about cata was the removal of rating requirements for pvp gear. small change but very welcome
    you wanted the best? well they didn't make it. so here's what you get

  14. #74
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,233
    Why do I defend it? Because I find it endlessly amusing to play devil's advocate and generally be contrary to the people who seem to devote their lives to a pessimistic worldview and constantly bemoan how a game that was once a prettier, less-punishing Everquest is no longer a prettier, less-punishing Everquest.

    edit: Oh, and the fact that I still have tons of fun with it also plays a pretty major role.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  15. #75
    I like cata so far. No real complaints here, other than a few bugs every now and then.

  16. #76
    It is kinda tempting to reply to OP. But I rather go and play a game I still like. Cata worked great for me.

  17. #77
    Honestly, Cata should of been WoW2. Thinking that revamping the old world while keeping the current levelling mechanics (where you see the content once per toon) would play out when the majority of the playerbase is past it was naive, especially since toon specific achievements make changing toons harder than ever.

    That said, the raiding has been some of the best in the game, just a shame there is so little of it. (Yes yes, hardmodes and no I haven't downed Rags yet, but 7 bosses on 10 means no loot that I want ever drops )

  18. #78
    Pretty much agree with the OP.

    TBC and WotLK had 5man bosses that I felt more involved about killing than anything in Cataclysm.

  19. #79
    Epic! Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBalkoth View Post
    Some of the negative opinions here did not address any of my points just told me it was my opinion. Yes it IS my opinion and it IS a forum so it is a proper venue to lay out my OPINIONS in a reasonable fashion. By the way, you are completely wrong to assume it is only MY opinion. Cata lost 900k subscriptions and I am sure a good chunk of those left because they did not like Cata(Reason I am saying is because inevitably some people will claim burnout not dissatisfaction with cata).
    So for your first two points, you are upset that there were issues that blizzard fixed? How is that a bad thing? Is this your first MMO? Not an insult, serious question. Cause bugs and bad designs happen. Bad developers just say oh well, good ones fix them. Blizz fixed them.

    Point 3 is you feel Deathwing is either a nobody (guessing you never played Warcraft 1 and 2) and you feel he should have shown up more while leveling like LK did. But Deathwing is a much bigger threat to Azeroth then LK ever was and many people felt that LK showing up every 3rd quest was a little much. All in all, this is just your opinion and has nothing to do with the quality of the game.

    Point 4. As someone else already said, just because a boss has the same name, doesnt mean it is the same content. The new fights involving Nef/Ony and Rag are totally different.

    I think that is all your points. TO answer your question as to why people defend it. It is the same reason people like you attack it. This game has been a big part of many peoples lives for years so they are passionate about it. If you are not enjoying it anymore, stop playing and move on to something else. I still happen to enjoy it so I will keep playing.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    Dont know why they made such a shit expansion with such a fast end (Deathwing already?).
    The Deathwing raid will be released about a year after Cata came out. ICC was released about a year after Wrath came out. The Black Temple was released four months after BC came out.

    If you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, your opinion doesn't count.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •