15+ Year Old Account

So, my Razer Lycosa..

After a previous thread here, I went with the Razer Lycosa over the Black Widow as the latter seemed to have quite a high amount of issues.

However, my Lycosa has decided to provide some "interest" for me.

My quick question is on how to disable the Windows key, the issues are;

From the Razer Lycosa Config panel, I set iTunes as my Media Player. Now, from time to time, iTunes will just open. Also, the media keys do not work for play, pause, >>| and |<<.

Only once, in the 2 weeks I've had it, the W key "ghosted" (right term?) and was held down until I unplugged and put it back in.

And lastly, I have my speakers plugged in through the keyboard and when I have try to turn my computer volume up while playing music, the sound dies and I need to replug the speakers and open/close the windows to get sound back. My speakers never had this issue before when I had everything on max. volume, they are USB plug-in, if that makes a difference. Perhaps I should not have the green jack plugged in from the keyboard?

Thanks for your help and comments.

15+ Year Old Account
    iTunes doesn't support global hotkeys by default, so the media keys will only works if iTunes is the active window. If they still don't work then it's likely a software setting in the Razer software.

As for speakers, I would plug them into the computer. The keyboard jacks are really only useful for a headset IMO and clutter the desk otherwise
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Itunes has been opening on it's own for me the last few days... Maybe something is faulty... Or just me being paranoid

I don't have the Razer Lycosa, though.

I'm having this same issue with my Lycosa that I just installed the software for today. For some reason, it keeps re-opening iTunes on me, and when I actually tried to listen to some music on iTunes, it just kept constantly changing songs on me. I tried switching my media player to use windows media player instead, and it still kept opening iTunes.

It's a very strange bug, and rather annoying as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a lycosa and itunes opens randomly for me as the software has been updated for it via the razer updater its gotten better but i get the feeling itunes doesnt like been used by anything except itself .as i even have the media keys set for itunes as well and they have a mind of their own sometimes.
    Faith Manages

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Only once, in the 2 weeks I've had it, the W key "ghosted" (right term?) and was held down until I unplugged and put it back in.
    This is a somewhat common issue, make sure you are using the latest firmware. It stopped for the most part for me after updating to the latest version.

Update: It seems after looking around and seeing other people who have has this problem, not using the Razer software for the keyboard stops the issue of it opening your music player randomly. Also, the touch-screen like media keys will still work, even with iTunes when it's not at the foreground, you just need to manually open the program.