Thread: Gaming headset

Gaming headset

Hey guys, I'm looking into buying a new headset for my computer and decided to ask what I should get here. I'm looking into a wireless headset. My computer has the Realtek ALC889A on-board sound (8 channels) and I think it supports 7.1

At the moment im looking at the Logitech G930 USB Connector Circumaural Wireless Gaming Headset. 106.99 on newegg with free shipping.

I have about a $200 budget.

Edit: Ended up ordering the G930, thanks everyone for they're suggestions!
    Last edited by Erquonter; 2011-08-19 at 05:31 PM.

Check the sennheiser RS series. Cabled headphones are better when it comes to quality.

---------- Post added 2011-08-18 at 06:36 PM ----------

Also, if you have many wireless devices you should look into infrared wireless.

The RS series are all stereo surround sound headphones. I have no wireless mouse or keyboard. The reason I want a wireless headset is because I tend to have bad luck with the wired ones. Foot on the cable when I try to stand up has cracked at least 3 headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Erquonter View Post
    The RS series are all stereo surround sound headphones. I have no wireless mouse or keyboard. The reason I want a wireless headset is because I tend to have bad luck with the wired ones. Foot on the cable when I try to stand up has cracked at least 3 headphones.
    I had that issue 2 years ago.. turns out that just getting a longer cable or a coiled cable is the solution.

---------- Post added 2011-08-18 at 07:04 PM ----------

Also excuse me, meant the RF series

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The G930 is a great headphone but so are the Sennheisers. If you are a bit of an audiophile I give the nod to the Sennheisers but I know for home theater headsets the Senheisers are generally expensive.

ive known people to have wireless issues with heaphones. any decent gaming headset will have a very lengthy cable.
    i use a g35 and i coulnt be anymore happier. i know that the megalodon is pretty decent.

from word of mouth sennheisser is prob the best quality, but i dont see the point if is only for games.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My buddy's G930 is the best headset I've ever picked up (next to Astro A40s, but they're not wireless)