Firefox 5 remember passwords?

Firefox 5 seems to remember passwords to sites, and keep me logged in even after closing and restarting the browser.

Turned off save passwords but still doing this, anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it.

I share this computer with my family and would rather not have them snooping in my facebook and e-mail.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    What are you hiding?

I couldn't help you, sorry. I use google chrome.

Clear your browser cache and cookies before you close the browser, that should do it though it will clear any other passwords saved on the system. I know I found a setting that did it on close and have it enabled(transferred the setting with the subsequent updates) but I haven't been able to find it again since like 4.0 or so.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2011-08-19 at 12:55 AM.

Not clicking "remember me" and/or logging out before closing the browser seem to work.

-edit- There are also sites that automatically log you out after a set amount of time of inactivity. Don't know if any of the sited you mentioned do this though.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-08-19 at 01:05 AM.

If you don't want any information saved when viewing these sites, browse them in private mode, just ctrl+shift+p. It won't remember anything from your session, while not effecting others on the computer from themselves being able to save passwords and such that they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Clear your browser cache and cookies before you close the browser, that should do it though it will clear any other passwords saved on the system. I know I found a setting that did it on close and have it enabled(transferred the setting with the subsequent updates) but I haven't been able to find it again since like 4.0 or so.
    Basically this, there are two ways login info is remembered. The browser can remember what you entered in the forms, and cookies can store your session info. Turning off password remembrance should keep it from autofilling form info, but if cookies are still there, sessions can remain active.

Oh and Firefox 6 just came out. They are burning through the versions lately.