I've decided it's time to purchase a new computer again, and would like some help. I've read the stickies and will try and fill in as best I can.
Current build is around 3 years old and consists of;
- CPU E7400 : 2.8Ghz
- GFX 9800GT 512MB
- Motherboard Gigabyte EP43-S3L
- PSU Corsair TX650W
- RAM Corsair 2GB DDR2
- OS Windows XP
- Case Cooler master something.
What I'd like to get
As for specific parts, I have no idea, last time I built my computer I literally just picked random stuff off Scan and asked on a random forum if it would work together. Being a new member I can't link anything either, which is a pain.
- Upgrade or New Computer: New computer.
- Upgrade on what (you hope): Everything.
- Willing to Self Build or a Pre-Built: Self build.
- How much you want to spend: £700 max (no Monitor / Keyboard / Mouse) - This is around $1150~
- How much you can spend: See above.
- What all you plan to use it for: Games mostly (WoW / SC2 / D3 when it's out!), otherwise will have iTunes / IDE / Browser open usually.
- What Operating system you want to use & Bit: Windows 7, 64 Bit
- What Resolution you hope to be in: My monitor is quite old, and only supports 1,366 x 768 maximum. I have no problems with it though.
- What Settings do you Want & how much FPS: As it's mostly for WoW & SC2, in WoW I'd like to have 60 FPS with V-sync on everywhere ideally (including 25 man raids (if this is possible)), not too bothered about quality, as long as it's smooth. Same for SC2, smooth in 200/200 vs 200/200 battles, not fussed about the quality aswell.
- What Country are you from: UK, prefer parts from Scan (used them before)
- What can you re-use: From looking at the computer build image (can't link cause of posts), I believe I can re-use the PSU, although not sure since it's a bit old.
- Network will be wired or wireless: Wired.
- Any Additional Info Here: I'd prefer an Intel Processor, and an Nvidia GPU, no specific reason, it's just the brands that I've used before and am used to/had no issues with. As well as this an SSD for the OS / Games would be handy, and a separate drive for everything else. I won't be overclocking or anything like that. Quieter the better, and preferably CPU's / GPUs that don't run too hot under load with the stock heatsink / fan.
From the FalconGuide, which I can't link, I'd guess the outstanding build would suit me best.
Thanks for any help. If you don't have time, I'd just like to know if the outstanding build from the FalconGuide (from the sticky, newest version (28th July), would do everything I wanted.