Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Everything making you feel "pleasure" can make you feel addicted. So you have to draw your own conclusion what's ok and what is not ok.
    I agree with both of those points. My point is they deliberately exploit addiction, and I do find that to be various degrees of not OK. It being incredibly widespread across the gaming industry doesn't change that opinion.

I agree with your other point too, that everybody needs to make their own determination. Just don't say "don't like it, then leave!" because that seemingly dismissive response eliminates any chance at a conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Can you please stop with these metaphors, it just never ends well. Those two things you mentioned are very specifically different.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europ...0court%20wrote.
    You do understand that this ruling is:
    a) about a theft and is not saying it is not just that circumstance may absolve person
    b) its about italy

So it is a crime. So analogy stands to a scrutiny. Wanna comment on actuall matter or are we done here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    That's kind of exactly how it works. Preys on the weak-minded. Learning some self-control is vital
    Its a waste of time to talk to you. Educate yourself troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    You do understand that this ruling is:
    a) about a theft and is not saying it is not just that circumstance may absolve person
    b) its about italy

So it is a crime. So analogy stands to a scrutiny. Wanna comment on actuall matter or are we done here?
    So if a circumstance can absolve a person in case A, but not in case B, it means that case A is not really the same as case B.
    So what? Not everyone is from the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Pick that straw from your ass.

I never wrote about skill. I wrote about time frame. Stay on topic or begone.
    Plunderstorm requires zero skills. Getting glad mounts does. If people are so mentally hinged on getting the pirate Tmog, they just gotta suck it up and grind it out. Like it often is in MMORPGs. Grind.

If you're a skilled PvPer you'll progress and get those cosmetics faster but yeah, skill is absolutely not required, just the will to grind, grind, grind.

I thought I'd post this here for those wanting to argue whether plunderstorm is a success or not.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/g5xdExMcfRw

Doesn't seem like you can link shorts.. eitherway it's from the official wow youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    After i got the win and lvl 40 i have not been back in plunderstorm only did it for the mounts and cosmetics rest of it was pure trash.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    I thought I'd post this here for those wanting to argue whether plunderstorm is a success or not.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/g5xdExMcfRw

Doesn't seem like you can link shorts.. eitherway it's from the official wow youtube.
    that... doesn't mean anything other then lots of people went into it to grind rewards. it says nothing about players actualy liking it, or how many players continued to play it after reaching 40.... aka exactly the way lot of us expected them to spin this. I found the "killed by tarantula" statistic especially... interesting.

coincidentally, I got to 40 few days ago and haven't touched it since. decided to power through the last few levels as it's been getting harder and harder to get into groups where you could just farm up the loot and leave without being hunted down by a lvl 6-7 before storm even had a chance to spawn. and since I've made it to lvl 6 myself more then once before the storm dropped - its not THAT hard to do as long as you are lucky with spawn spots and maximize your elite kills, but it does make it harder to farm larger chunks of plunder, so I decided not to take my chances and get out before the only ones left in queue - were people farming lvl 1s and hardcore enjoyers that bounce up to high level and kill you before you have a chance to finish your daily let alone get any extras.

blundershart
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I wonder if all the "not interested but wanted the stuff" players have finished the grind and now you're left with all the people who just love the PvP mode. I kind of thought it would be easier and easier as the event wraps up, but sounds like I may have failed to consider the people who actually like the PvP part and are still playing.

I still think they have something like a 100% rep gain boost the last week of the event.
    It's the reason why I speed up my grind because it was clear to me that collectors like me would leave as soon as they reached 40 and only those interested in pvp would remain, making things more difficult.

I was annoyed that there were battle pets, because they are not cosmetic stuff like "companions", but part of a specific game play. They have unique abilities, so I forced myself to at least get them and then quit, but in the end, I had fun and got to 40.

Then I stopped because I no longer had a purpose, and my time is limited.

I grinded while hiding to collect as many plumbers as possible and kill myself... but it was still fun because it became a race to collect as many plumbers as possible before getting killed.

It's definitely more fun than farm Genesis Mote in SL's Protoform Synthesis system or tournament in WotLK. Plunderstorm is fun even for people like me who care nothing - absolutely zero - about pvp. But it can be done in a short time playing as pve.

But the two systems above, however, are the exact opposite of fun. There is no gameplay, no idea behind it (apart from the idea of a "factory" or tournament) but in the end what it requires is to kill a number X of monsters, they are just time consuming.

So, untill a system like that is doable for players like me, for me its a big yes!
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    Skipping the argument of whether it was or wasn't a success. What exactly does that video tell You (or us)?

Player retention would be a better metric. How many tried it, how many made it to level 40. How many unqie players per region would be interesting. What % of players continued to play after renown 40 would be interesting.
    Number of basic atttack kills and how much self healing happened doesn't tell us much of anything in terms of how successful or how well liked it was.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it's a lag/ping issue or some form of hacking, but I often see players zipping around me at super high speeds when in close combat. It's as if they turned into Demon Hunters. It's not super often, but strangely enough it's usually a high level player. Since they do this super fast teleporting it's really hard to counter it and I often die because it's impossible to predict where they will be next. It's rather frustrating and I really hope it's just lag/ping that makes it look like this, and not some form of hacking to get an advantage.

I have also seen other players instantly open chests which seems a bit unfair, but again could be related to lag/ping.

Another issue I have had is that clicking on items doesn't do anything, meaning I am running past them not picking them up having to go back to do so.

And just to be clear I have an excellent connection with very low ping, and I'm playing on EU servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we have an official note when Plunderstorm will end? I read 'will be available for six weeks' but this statement was from launch day. I quite like doing 1 renown per day - gives me something to work towards without grinding my brains off.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    that... doesn't mean anything other then lots of people went into it to grind rewards. it says nothing about players actualy liking it, or how many players continued to play it after reaching 40.... aka exactly the way lot of us expected them to spin this. I found the "killed by tarantula" statistic especially... interesting.

coincidentally, I got to 40 few days ago and haven't touched it since. decided to power through the last few levels as it's been getting harder and harder to get into groups where you could just farm up the loot and leave without being hunted down by a lvl 6-7 before storm even had a chance to spawn. and since I've made it to lvl 6 myself more then once before the storm dropped - its not THAT hard to do as long as you are lucky with spawn spots and maximize your elite kills, but it does make it harder to farm larger chunks of plunder, so I decided not to take my chances and get out before the only ones left in queue - were people farming lvl 1s and hardcore enjoyers that bounce up to high level and kill you before you have a chance to finish your daily let alone get any extras.
    I'm almost willing to bet you're overestimating the amount of people who force themselves through grinds to get rewards. Like, my wife has no issue farming instances over and over again for transmog if she's interested in it, but the moment she learned something she was interested in was from Plunderstorm she just immediately decided it wasn't worth it and hasn't touched the mode since the one duo match we did.

There are people like me and I'm assuming you too, who would push through it just because "limited time rewards" and not wanting to miss that, but I honestly don't think it's close to a 50/50 even. Like the amount of times I've come across people who will just ignore me vs the amount of people who will just instantly jump on other players is pretty close to probably moreso 30/70 in favor of me getting attacked, and it's not the people just wanting to do the grind attacking usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm almost willing to bet you're overestimating the amount of people who force themselves through grinds to get rewards. Like, my wife has no issue farming instances over and over again for transmog if she's interested in it, but the moment she learned something she was interested in was from Plunderstorm she just immediately decided it wasn't worth it and hasn't touched the mode since the one duo match we did.

There are people like me and I'm assuming you too, who would push through it just because "limited time rewards" and not wanting to miss that, but I honestly don't think it's close to a 50/50 even. Like the amount of times I've come across people who will just ignore me vs the amount of people who will just instantly jump on other players is pretty close to probably moreso 30/70 in favor of me getting attacked, and it's not the people just wanting to do the grind attacking usually.
    I'm not estimating anything, just pointing out that the video says NOTHING about player retention through the event. which also jives with your experience as most people grinding for rewards (me included) are done by now. at the tail end of my grind, I've noticed (as I have said) that it was getting harder to just farm, but I've also noticed that there were times when the match would NOT fill up (I've had multiple matches with 40 people in them). I'm not saying that there aren't people still playing for the sake of it. I'm wondering what the ratio is - and your guess is just that. a guess. I KNOW for a fact that there are plenty of people who stopped playing the moment they got their renown 40, neither of us know what percentage of players that is. I find it interesting which statistics Blizzard focuses on in their video and that not one of those statistics has anything to do with retention or even stating how many players reached renown 40 - is... curious. I wonder just how many people, like your wife or others who stuck around a little longer, but still gave up - a part of those blizzard's kill/death statistics but are not active players and haven't been in weeks.

so I reiterate. that video is full of statistics that are meaningless when it comes to actual player satisfaction.

I liked it initially but I got bored very fast, after five runs maybe.