Poll: Is it wrong?

Trading/Buying Raid Drop Vanity Items

Simple question:
    In a guild that handles loot via DKP/EPGP/Suicide Kings/Loot Council/etc, but raid rolls vanity items (as they have no bearing on actual raid performance), is it morally or ethically wrong (or unfair) for someone who wins an item in this way to give/sell the mount to someone else in the raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    You said item in the title, mount in the post. Which one is it?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    if they roll, only to sell it, id say its a bad thing, however, if after they won, someone says, i'll give you X k gold for it, and they sell it, it seems legit

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as he isn't rolling for it again when it drops next time I'm all fine with it. But if he's there moaning for another one for himself next time it drops you can tell him to go and fuck himself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would it be unfair? Any more then my giving another piece of loot to someone, or letting them take a piece thats OS for me but more of an OS upgrade for them, etc? Its like the undercutting arguement. There is no right or wrong. But weight the action. Will people be pissed at you, rightly or no?

I do this, no one has ever complained. I dont however roll on things I dont want I just cant turn down a quick stack of gold.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Thanks for the replies so far everyone.
    @Moshic I said vanity items in the title but it really should be mounts, as there aren't really any other vanity items that drop in raids nowadays anyway. My intention was to keep the question simple and generic as possible without trying to introduce much bias into it.

Also, to clarify, the raid roll method in question, was not everyone just rolls, but a roll 1-10/25 done by the RL.

I would say wrong definitely. As someone who collects rare mounts, I feel like if the mount off ragnaros or alysrazor dropped, the people who actually put time and effort into collecting them should have first chance at it. I'm fine with the whole thinking "it's just a mount so everyone can roll on it". But still, there are people that collect mounts, that's their thing in wow. Just like people collect pets etc. There's always that one thing in wow someone cares about. And it's not like in 2 expansions from now we can come back to solo rag/alys. Mechanics won't allow it.

If a mount in current/future raids drop, give it to the people that actually care about collecting them. Just ask yourself if you do those old heroics every day till the mount drops, if you get a small group to farm an old raid hoping for the mount to drop, if you grind that rep, do dailies for currency to buy mounts, save gold to buy a mount. If no is the answer to any of those questions, and there's someone in your raid that does all that, then sorry the mount should go to the real collector.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supes View Post
    Also, to clarify, the raid roll method in question, was not everyone just rolls, but a roll 1-10/25 done by the RL.
    Winner doesn't want it? Raidleader rolls again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifted View Post
    As long as he isn't rolling for it again when it drops next time
    Either this or just not rolling in the first place.
    If he takes it, sells it and then wins it again he is a jackass.

Deleted
    Mount collectors get better chances than other people? Now that's interesting. As far as I'm concerned, mounts you can't get alone should be equally rolled amongst anyone who took part in the fight, and rightfully so as the effort put into it is the same for everybody present.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughJustice View Post
    As someone who collects rare mounts, I feel like if the mount off ragnaros or alysrazor dropped, the people who actually put time and effort into collecting them should have first chance at it. I'm fine with.
    What you do with your off time has no bearing on the effort the WHOLE raid puts into killing said boss, as such everyone in your raid has the equal right to roll on anything that drops they can use. The whole I collect em so I should get first dibs is crap.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    What you do with your off time has no bearing on the effort the WHOLE raid puts into killing said boss, as such everyone in your raid has the equal right to roll on anything that drops they can use. The whole I collect em so I should get first dibs is crap.
    Pretty much this.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by RoughJustice View Post
    I would say wrong definitely. As someone who collects rare mounts, I feel like if the mount off ragnaros or alysrazor dropped, the people who actually put time and effort into collecting them should have first chance at it. I'm fine with the whole thinking "it's just a mount so everyone can roll on it". But still, there are people that collect mounts, that's their thing in wow. Just like people collect pets etc. There's always that one thing in wow someone cares about. And it's not like in 2 expansions from now we can come back to solo rag/alys. Mechanics won't allow it.

If a mount in current/future raids drop, give it to the people that actually care about collecting them. Just ask yourself if you do those old heroics every day till the mount drops, if you get a small group to farm an old raid hoping for the mount to drop, if you grind that rep, do dailies for currency to buy mounts, save gold to buy a mount. If no is the answer to any of those questions, and there's someone in your raid that does all that, then sorry the mount should go to the real collector.
    Pfffft. Bullshit.

I don't give two shits what you collect, how long you have collected, or how many you have collected, if a cool mount drops in raid, everyone has an equal amount of right to it.

Say the mount off alysrazor drops and you win the roll after which a rather rich person in your guild pipes up in vent "I'll give you 150k right now for it", I think I may just take the money. Its not like we had agreed before hand that I would be rolling for them, they just happened to offer after I had looted the item. I don't see anything wrong with it, unless theres some written/unspoken rule among your guild against it.

I guess I'm saying if you're rolling without the intent to sell and then someone gives you an offer you can't refuse theres not much you can do about it.