PCI Device missing, can't find driver online.

Hello all. Trying to repair my tower and in all honesty I'm not very good at what I'm doing. Anyway after running a driver scan I noticed my PCI device is missing. Trying to do a google search for a driver for my system only runs into more sites with sketchy links and all of them so far has basically lead back to more driver management programs. I don't need to spend money on something I can install myself, but I suppose I'm just terrible at what I do. Any direction on how to replace this driver?

computer specs

Operating System
    MS Windows XP Media Center Edition Professional 32-bit SP2
    CPU
    AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 45 °C
    Venice 90nm Technology
    RAM
    2.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR @ 156MHz (2.5-3-3-7)
    Motherboard
    MS-7093 (Socket 939)
    Graphics
    (800x600@1Hz)
    Hard Drives
    195GB Western Digital WDC WD2000BB-22GUC0 (PATA) 39 °C
    Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B
    Audio
    Realtek AC'97 Audio

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the PCI device in question? O.o
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

It was apparently uninstalled. The PCI device just has a yellow question mark in the computer management prompt and I'm not sure what was there before :-\

I might be drivers for your PCI slots. Try installing them? Only thing I can think of other than look in your case and see what PCI device hasn't had its drivers installed =V

15+ Year Old Account
    At first you should indify the device exactly. This is how you do it:

(sry for german interface, but you should get it anyway)

In your device manager you access the properties of the device

Then go to the "details" panel and chose "hardware id's" from the dropdown menu

The important parts are the device id DEV_XXXX and the vendor id VEN_XXXX

Now you go this site: http://www.pcidatabase.com and search for your device id

If the search reveals more than one device with the same id, then eliminate via your vendor id. Now you should have identified your device and can search for a matching driver. Additionally, sometimes on this site there is a direct link to where you can download it.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Trying to download the new device, however when I try to redownload and restart my computer I'm getting a message on the bottom of my screen saying there has been an issue installing the new device :-(

Deleted
    It can be pretty hard to find drivers for something that neither you, nor the operating system can identify. If the device manager doesn't give any device or driver IDs aside from the yellow exclamation mark listed under PCI-devices, do check that the PCI-card is properly connected to the motherboard and try and identify it while rummaging around the insides of the computer. Though, even a glance behind the case to see the kind of connectors the card has can help identify it, it would be best to actually take a look at the card inside the case to check the connection is secure. Secondly, do read up on the issue of unidentified devices on microsoft support with the option to run a troubleshooting software through the link.

Even without specific drivers, most PCI-devices should be identified by the generic drivers supplied with the motherboard and the ones that come with Windows XP, though they might need further drivers or programs specific to the card to actually work properly. It would seem that in this case, those drivers have gone missing, become corrupted or accidentally removed. It also seems you're using the integrated sound and video cards? Do run dxdiag to see if they're both working correctly and are properly identified by the OS, seeing as you didn't specify the video card as ATI Radeon XPress200 supplied with the motherboard, nor as AGP card.

Try and install the motherboard's drivers through this link to the manufacturer's page.
    Drivers for the integrated Radeon Xpress200 can be found here.

If the device, whatever it is, has worked previously, it follows that there shouldn't be compatibility issues. The computer isn't exactly new, so aging hardware, faults accumulating in the hard drive messing up windows registry and drivers could all be as likely culprits.

I had a simalar problem like that
    i was able to fix it by updating my chipset drivers from my motherboards driver site
    after i did that i had no yellow PCI warnings in my device manager

Ok, I ran some programs and apparently my southbridge driver is missing. My southbridge is an ATI SB400. So on my motherboard chipset download page do I want the ATI System Drivers for 7xx/8xx/SB7xx/SB8xx Series (except RS690, 740)?

---------- Post added 2011-08-21 at 06:36 PM ----------

I've been thinking, for throwing 500 bucks on my credit card, I would be able to get a new machine that has better everything than I have installed now anyway huh? (including my graphics card I only have a Raddeon 4850 HD).
    Last edited by Sourjoe; 2011-08-21 at 04:55 PM.