Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khez View Post
    Here is what I do to position my pet, and it works every time; When killing the last ressurected mob (I always leave the fearing one up till last), I get him low and drag him behind the statue right after a fear. Have your pet on passive and move back there, when you are in the right position you can set pet to defensive and it should work. Before the mob dies, put pet back on passive and "Move to" where it already stands. MD Kael to pet and run out of LoS. Now Kael should come to whack your pet and when he does, put pet back on defensive. I've even found a nice spot where I am in LoS of pet for mend and out of LoS for Kael.
    I do it the same way as Khez, apart from the mob I choose to keep alive as well as the pet stance switching. I just prefer passive unless it's necessary to use something else like it seems to be on kael's phase 4. The engineer hits the least and is just generally the best one to leave up in my opinion. His special does nothing as long as you have the staff and its buff.

As you can see from this screenshot, I do not get MCd but I'm able to cast mend pet. Mend pet is also great for grabbing aggro from the phoenix. It's possible to do the same thing on the other side, just make sure kael'thas is closer to the pillar than your pet.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa View Post
    I do it the same way as Khez, apart from the mob I choose to keep alive as well as the pet stance switching. I just prefer passive unless it's necessary to use something else like it seems to be on kael's phase 4. The engineer hits the least and is just generally the best one to leave up in my opinion. His special does nothing as long as you have the staff and its buff.

As you can see from this screenshot, I do not get MCd but I'm able to cast mend pet. Mend pet is also great for grabbing aggro from the phoenix. It's possible to do the same thing on the other side, just make sure kael'thas is closer to the pillar than your pet.
    May I ask what gear level you are at? I attempted Kael'thas a lot back in 4.1 when I had merely 359 gear, but now as I have Firelands gear I'm sure I'll manage better. The real main thing that ruined it for me was that even though I misdirected all advisers to my pet, they still went for me a few seconds after. Even if I Feign Death'd, I still got aggro even after a Misdirection, from even an auto shot.. Bothering.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    May I ask what gear level you are at? I attempted Kael'thas a lot back in 4.1 when I had merely 359 gear, but now as I have Firelands gear I'm sure I'll manage better. The real main thing that ruined it for me was that even though I misdirected all advisers to my pet, they still went for me a few seconds after. Even if I Feign Death'd, I still got aggro even after a Misdirection, from even an auto shot.. Bothering.
    I was around ~365ish gear level when I first tried it and it was tough with the advisors. But that was the only problem really. Nowadays as long as you remember to not make the mistakes that'd "wipe" you (like getting MCd) it's very easy to do. I have my armory linked on my signature, and my secondary spec is the one I use for soloing.

What I do with the advisors is that I just MD sanguinar and telonicus to my pet (only a few shots really), stick my pet to sanguinar and just burst capernian down asap. After that I just run around DPSing thaladred while trying to remain in range of my pet for the buff from the staff. Disengage works wonders for the knockback. Sanguinar is my 3rd advisor to go down and after that I just go position my pet where I want it and dps the last guy down.

Hippa

10+ Year Old Account
    This guide RULES ASS!!! I need to see one or see a link to one for the pally and my life would be complete...im not sure the spec strat for solo pally stuff.. I have heard arguements for both ret and prot.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Daxanna/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    its an infinitely large universe, its not only entirely plausible that some of the UFO's that are reported are from humanity distant future, its also entirely possible that they are a race of intelligent oranges here to free their kind from the enslavement and murder that man perpetrates on their less advanced descendant's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated with Wrath of the Lich King, need more boss kills info people! Also added a section for Cataclysm where heroic dungeon bosses of some use (Those who drops mounts, etc) should be posted.
    Hi

Awesome thread. Will be using this as a reference guide in the future.

Could we get one of the mods to sticky this, perhaps? I know a lot of Hunters, myself included, are quite interested in soloing old content. If everyone contributes this could be an even more useful guide than it already is

I did some soloing in ulduar back in 359 gear and was able to get hodir about 200k from defeat after multiple hours of wipes, I did it on my laptop with fraps and no addons (so wasn't optimal dps nor mend pet uptime) and I could probably have done it with my usual addon setup and no fraps..
    I would deem it quite possible now, but very hard, one needs to place the icicle drops so they knock the NPCS close to each other, this will enable you to place the flash freeze in a position for them to not get frozen, thus removing the need for you to free them more than once.. besides this it's a hard dps race where you have to dodge as much dmg as possible, this is one of the more fun bosses I've attempted to solo.

mass props for compiling this list

hope you dont mind if i ninja the format for other class forums

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    mass props for compiling this list

hope you dont mind if i ninja the format for other class forums
    Not at all
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Note: Bug trio is an odd fight. It's not really.. hard.. like I mean you should never die, but it is frustrating.

I think it's doable, just disengage whenever you get thrown up (sometimes you won't need to, you get teleported back). If you do that you really should never die. I'm having problems with my pets aggro, going to try Turtle instead of spirit beast and I'll update this.
    bug trio seemed super easy, just burned down the healer ASAP. I was BM though so kill command helped a lot.

Looks like ill try karazan next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps I should update it and add a small note next to each boss that drops a tier / mail item that looks somewhat good. As well as weapons. Thoughts?
    Hi

Very nice guide! I'll be using it a lot.

A couple things I'd mention:
    Magtheridon - Difficulty: 3 (Use a Turtle pet, make sure you MD all adds and stuff to him, then just have him tank Mag while you dps him down.)

An alternative strategy is simply to have the pet tank Mag in the center of the room, and just run around him in a circle while dropping ice traps to slow down the spawned adds. You can easily survive the occasional knockback, and then you don't have to worry about MDing the spawns to the pet. Takes longer, but is pretty foolproof (i.e. I've done it).
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Also, an easy way to deal with the casters at the start would be to MD all of them to your pet at the start, and pull aggro from your pet 1 by 1 and kite them further away -> kill them there. The distance keeps the other casters from healing the one you're killing, but your pet won't get dismissed. The infernals shouldn't really be an issue in any case, but feel free to MD them to your pet just to be sure.

Hippa

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding Razorgore:

He's still fully possible to solo using the old technique. In fact, i've been doing it the last 3 weeks. Has there been any change that i'm unaware of? :>

Thought I would drop in and provide some information on the bosses you don't have covered. Most of them are fairly easy to solo. They were all done with a turtle pet in MM spec.

Maexxna - 3 - You need to take talent points in Improved Mend Pet to cleanse Necrotic Poison(a 75% healing reduction) which Maexxna will put on your pet. Keep Mend Pet up at all times to clear the poison immediately. In addition you need to feign death 5 seconds before she does her web wrap and stay down until after the timer goes away(BigWigs timers) to avoid being stunned and encased in spider webs.

Grobbulus - 1 - Tank and spank, don't stand in poison clouds.

Lord Marrowgar - 4 - Using Distracting shot during his cast of Bone Spike Graveyard will save you from being spiked. He considers you the active tank, and the tank is never impaled. If you get impaled, you are going to die quickly and I was never able to get my pet to kill the spike fast enough. If you miss a single Distracting Shot you will get impaled and die. 11.7k dps required to beat the enrage(remember the 30% buff is still there).

Lady Deathwhisper - 2 - Stand all the way in the back of the room, against the wall, behind the boss. Blow all your cooldowns during p1 and try to push her as fast as possible. Use feign death right before the adds spawn, and wait a few seconds after they show up to cancel your feign. Doing this, the adds will stay where they spawn and ignore you. During p2, she becomes tankable, however she stacks a debuff reducing your pet's threat output. Use MD often and FD on cooldown.

Gunship - Not possible. As soon as you enter a gun, your pet despawns and the ship you are on blows up.

Now some videos of fights, that are NOT from me. Just a few hunters who have some solo kills with no info so far in this thread.

Patchwerk - youtube.com/watch?v=mL7d7-rvvT8 - He rotates through 5(I think?) turtle/beetle pets to make sure Shell Shield or last stand is up nearly 100% of the time. A very interesting tactic that could be used on other hard hitting bosses.

Gothik, Four Horsemen, XT-002, Assembly of Iron, Freya, and Vezax have all been completed by Durendil - Here is his youtube channel youtube.com/user/DurendilLeHunt

Deleted
    Just to add to your post Malchihi, I've heard that for some reason Goblins and Worgen are not valid targets for Lord Marrowgar's Bone Spike, thus making soloing him a lot less of a hassle for them. Not sure if this is still the case. (Can anyone confirm?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated.

Thanks for contributions, keep them coming!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Gruul's Lair

High King Maulgar - Difficulty: 6 (Turtle pet is the way to go, nuke down priest first, doesn't really matter who you do next, but I prefer the Shaman and then the Warlock. Keep mend pet up at all times, PvP trinket is useful here.)
    Did this last night after several efforts, here's how I did it (I don't take credit for all of these tips, a good amount came from Wowhead):

• Did it with a Marks spec using a Turtle. This fight can be done with a non-tenacity pet according to info I've seen, but I like the additional survivability for when I'm cc'd.
    • Did NOT use 2T5 (see below)
    • The kill order was Blindeye (Priest), Kiggler (Shaman), Olm (Warlock), Krush (Mage), Maulgar (Boss). The reason I did Kiggler second was because the Polymorph lasts longer than the other CCs and can cause issues even after Blindeye is down.
    • Had my PVP trinket equipped; obviously Humans can use Every Man for Hisownself
    • The tricky part of this fight compared to other solo efforts is the knockback of the pet by Maulgar; I found that attacking at an angle caused fewer issues than attacking straight on, but you may have different results. Also, because of the knockback, the fight is a lot easier on you if you mark your kill order.
    • The fight has essentially two phases: the Priest is alive phase, and the Priest is dead phase, so I'll discuss separately

Priest is alive:
    • The Priest heals. A lot. Which is why we want to get him down first. But we don't want to zerg because that will cause aggro issues (the priest will close to melee).
    • To open the fight, I Hunter's Mark the Priest, and send the turtle to attack. Misdirect to the Turtle, and target Olm first for a Multi-shot, and then switch back to Blindeye for a Multi-Shot. Only multi-shotting Blindeye will not grab Krosh, possibly not Olm either.
    • Next I Widow's Venom Blindeye and do at least one more misdirect/multi-shot while steady shotting him down. What I'm looking to do here is wait until he's about at 50% health to go into burn phase; the Widow's Venom reduces the gain from the heals he self-casts until that point.
    • If you aggroed correctly, you shouldn't get polymorphed during this part; you can, however, get Death Coiled. Until you get down to 50% on Blindeye, don't worry about it. Just keep an eye on your pet's health, and keep Misdirect and Mend Pet up.
    • The first Felpuppy I freeze trap, he despawns/dies while frozen. If you have issues with polymorph, however, you may want to keep him biting on you to break you out.
    • Once Blindeye reaches about 40-50%, I go into Burn Phase mode (note: you may get there faster than it took you to read up to this point). Once I commit to the Burn, I will use my PVP trinket if I get Death Coiled or Polymorph because it needs to happen pretty fast. I wait until my focus is nearly topped off and he starts casting a Heal, and then (with Misdirect and Mend Pet up) do a Silencing Shot > Pop "trinkets" > Chimera Shot > Rapid Fire > Readiness > Chimera Shot > SS/CS/KS until dead, with another Silencing Shot thrown in once the first drops off. If I do this right, he dies pretty quickly. And then I move on to the next phase.

Priest is Dead:
    • After Blindeye is dead, the key point is patience. You need to get mentally out of Burn Phase mode and just take care of business one Ogre at a time; the DPS race is over. Keep Misdirect and Mend Pet up constantly, and kill the others in whatever order you've chosen. Make sure you're at a far enough range (30 yards+) to avoid Kiggler's Arcane Explosion (although it's not a wipe if you get caught in one), once he's down you can move in closer (but no closer than 10 yards to avoid Maulgar's Intimidating Roar). If you get Death Coiled or even Polymorphed, don't sweat it; if you've been keeping Mend Pet up your pet should survive your downtime. A lot of comments say that once you get Blindeye down the fight is essentially over; while I do agree with that to some extent, if you do not manage your aggro correctly you can get chain cc'd into oblivion.
    • One last tip I found but did not use: Krosh has a fire shield he can cast on himself, you can Tranq shot it off if you feel like you need to.

So there you have it, once you've gotten it down (and hopefully got the token), Gruul is a much, much easier fight.

I don't think with current gear (~ilvl 360) this fight is a 6 anymore. Yes, it took more effort than normally required of a solo boss to get it down, but I do not consider myself an expert soloing hunter, and I was able to take care of it in a relatively small amount of time and effort. Not only that: remember how I mentioned I didn't use the 2T5? Not only did I not use it, I screwed up and took only one of the pieces off when I tried it without 2T5. So not only did I not have 2T5, I didn't have 2T11 either (not that it's that huge of a deal for a Hunter) - although fortunately I had put Synapse Springs on my T5 gloves so I still had those. In other words, you can make a mistake and still get through the fight. I'd categorize it as closer to a 4, maybe 5 now.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2011-08-25 at 12:40 PM. Reason: corrected poorly worded part
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you labelled Vashj impossible because the core roots you I have good news for you! The core no longer roots you in place, I'm not sure when it was changed or why it was changed, but you can now move freely with it. Good luck!