Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Noticed something really awesome about Wrath of the Lich King heroics, basically killing any mob in there gives me Rapid Killing, which I find to be rather awesome.

Working on Glory of the Hero now, UP, UK, Old Kingdom and Azjol Nerub achievements proved extremely easy.
    Hi

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soloed heroic Halls of Reflection including the timed mode. I guess a guide is unneccessary though, it's fairly simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mea View Post
    Soloed heroic Halls of Reflection including the timed mode. I guess a guide is unneccessary though, it's fairly simple
    I've been trying to solo HoR and I see myself overwhelmed by the mob waves. Maybe is just that I have low practice soloing... Any advice? Yes, I'm using turtle.
    Last edited by mmocfa3c9d7303; 2011-09-06 at 09:58 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shono View Post
    I've been trying to solo HoR and I see myself overwhelmed by the mob waves. Maybe is just that I have low practice soloing... Any advice? Yes, I'm using turtle.
    I do it regularly, trying to get the Hilt, and as a gold source. I had a few wipes when I was there for the first time, but now it's easy. This is what I do:

1) I stand near the entrance, and always start by placing a freeze trap. I let one close melee walk through it on his way to me.
    2) Send pet to closest ranged mob.
    3) Misdirect the remaining mobs to pet (this will be 1-3 depending on wave).
    4) Kill them off one after one. I usually go something like priest > footman > mercenary > mage > hunter, but it really doesn't matter much. The footmen can put out a lot of dmg on your pet though, which you need to be prepared for.
    5) Keep misdirecting as needed. Retrap if needed (I never have to do it anymore, I always have the free mobs dead within the 60 seconds it takes for the trap to break).

The two bosses can be tricky first time. You want to nuke them down ASAP, while keeping your pet at high health. Be very fast moving out of the void zone.

I do it in MM, and use T5 2p set bonus and a tenacity pet to make it easier. It's definitely doable without T5 though, you'll just have to keep Mend Pet rolling (possibly using Mend glyph).

The biggest challenge in the 3 ICC 5-man heroics is Scourgelord Tyrannius.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Noticed something really awesome about Wrath of the Lich King heroics, basically killing any mob in there gives me Rapid Killing, which I find to be rather awesome.
    Level 80 mobs are still "green" at 85, so for Wrath heroics and raids you'll be able to keep Rapid Killing up a lot.

Working on Glory of the Hero now, UP, UK, Old Kingdom and Azjol Nerub achievements proved extremely easy.
    Have fun with Less-Rabi! You may want to grab a Moth for that one.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did it with a Spirit Beast the first time, freezing one mob on the larger packs and using Spirit Mend as needed. Summon turtle for first boss, use spirit beast on second with Distracting Shot to relieve your pet of some damage. Either that, or as i did with MM and a Turtle, which is basicly making sure your turtle gets aggro before the mobs can hit you so that you can sustain your health regeneration.

One quick question: where are you positioning yourself?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    One quick question: where are you positioning yourself?
    At first tried where it was done at 80, in one of the sides. After a couple of tries ended standing near the entrance.

Thx Beace and mea!! This friday I'll finish my exams and play again so I will try your tips.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Ok, almost answered my first question. I was able to down Malechazzar without killing Netherspite. As for the Shade of Aran, I went ahead and killed it anyway to open up the port from downstairs, which was a good thing since I died on Malechazzar the first time (once I figured out the Enfeeble mechanic, it went much smoother).
    I confirmed last night that the only required downs in Kara to get to Malechazzar (if you're farming just the tokens) are Moroes, Opera, Curator, and Chess. I also went 0 for 4 on desired drops

Also, for the bosses I downed (Huntsman, Moroes, Opera (Wizard of Oz ... again), Curator, Illhoof, and Malechazzar) I used my normal survival raid spec (gear ilvl is i368) and no T5. It actually made Illhoof easier as I was able to burn him down much faster than last time so I didn't have to deal with his trap or whatever that spell is.

I want to talk about what I did in Chess last night: it was a one-shot (thankfully), but I benefitted from poor AI (the "Queen" was essentially sacrificed and the "King" moved up pretty early) and luck (the "enrage" cheat didn't go on any of Medivh's front-line characters, and the first "flame" cheat only hit the King, not the Queen). That said, here's what I did (slightly different from I had previously done).

Still opened with King's pawn up a square and g3/h1-f3 combo to get the Rook out on the King's side. The first cheat had happened about this time last time, but not this time, so I had time to do the same thing on the other side (b3/a1-c3) to get the Rook out on the Queen's side. After the first cheat I moved into the King to bring him forward and do a heroism and a couple swipes, but that was it, because I saw three things: his Queen was dead, my Queen's pawn had died from the Medivh cheat, and the opponent King had come forward on the Queen's side pretty far. So I hopped into the Queen, moved up until I was within range of the opponent King (ended up being only one move forward), and pretty much won from there with the combination of the already positioned Rook and using the Queen.

As I already mentioned, the second cheat didn't enrage anybody near the King (ours or his), so overall it was laughably easy and I think my King only took a little damage the entire fight.

So what I took away from this fight:

RNG is a harsh but loving mistress
    Getting the Rooks out early has been key both times I've soloed this
    Always pay attention to what's getting burned, and be aware of what is happening with Medivh's King

and to this I'll add from my experience now both times:
    The AI is aggressive enough that you can play conservatively but don't turtle as the cheats will eventually overwhelm your defenses. As a result, the Bishop is really only useful after the first cheat (if you have poor timing on the first cheat and can't get your king out of the way right away, you may want to bishop for a minute to heal him up).

Lady Vashj is not impossible, i solo her every week + this guy has a video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1R3YCY03HM

Quote Originally Posted by Evenstarr View Post
    Lady Vashj is not impossible, i solo her every week + this guy has a video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1R3YCY03HM
    That's due to a 4.2 change that now allows players to move with the core.

I haven't read thru all the topic, but many bosses marked as impossible/undefeated have been beaten:

• High Astromancer Solarian: Keep your pet close so he gets thrown too or he will despawn, MD adds and AoE. Probably a "3". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8FdbGzGqbE
    • Archimonde: Find a safe stop to prevent Air Burst near some tree, keep some bandages, Spirit Link and MM. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPYDP-QPD4A
    • Brutalus: Tank and Spank, with a hard enrage, and a heavy pet damage and considerable hunter damage. You'll need to go as MM with Spirit Link, do around 21k DPS while keeping Mend Pet and using CDs during Stomps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9BJlcs5bBQ
    • Felmyst: I believe it has been solo'ed, but couldn't find a video.
    • Kil'Jaeden: It has been solo'ed, but the video was deleted. It was a really long fight and pretty complicated if I recall. Probably one of the hardest to solo.
    • Patchwerk: Bring lots of Turtles/Scarabs, when your current pet rans out of CDs, throw a Snake trap, dismiss pet, FD and call a new one. The enrage is somewhat tight and you have to be fast in the pet swaps, so, 5ish? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL7d7-rvvT8
    • Gluth: Swap pets after Decimate and kite zombies. Probably a "3". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbnuAbwb0hs
    • Thaddius: Tank and Spank. Really. Just MD the adds to your pet and win. 1? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN38h_4en9Q
    • Anub'Rekhan: One of the first bosses to be solo'ed, it has been beaten even in 25man. Just FD the adds like against Noth and DPS him. It seems you may need to swap pets for extra CDs in 25man. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlpYj...el_video_title
    • Heigan: Easy, all you need is Improved Mend Pet to dispel (2 points is recommended) the disease as soon as possible and don't get yourself inflicted by it. The damage on pet is considerable when he gets hit by the green explosions and is diseased, so keeping Mend Pet up is important. It has also been beaten in 25. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc2B-IkmV94
    • The Four Horseman: Seems to be simple, all you need is some ferocity pets (Fox is recommended due the slowing debuff), spec into Lick Your Wounds and heal the pet when needed, swapping pets when it is on CD and the pet is almost dead. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPIXi-aMQ8Q
    • Many Ulduar bosses have been beaten, most of them seem pretty hard. XT, Razorscale, Assembly of Iron, Freya, Hodir, Vezax and Yogg by Durandil(Youtube profile)
    • Yogg +4: Explanation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1yrMzoAO0
    • Rotface and Marrowgarr have been beaten in Heroic, but I couldn't find the videos (they were removed).

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated some of the difficulties, and some of the updates, naxx ones in particular.

Have fun with Less-Rabi! You may want to grab a Moth for that one.
    It should actually be easy with good enough gear, as he does the casts at a certain time after eachother. Interupt one, and kill him before the next cast, etc.

Edit; Less Rabi was even easier than the ones I did in UK, UP and such. Boss was at 60% health when first interrupt came, interrupted that with Silencing Shot and killed him before the next.

Once I'm done with Glory of the Wotlk dungeon stuff I'll add it to the post and tell which achievements were hard, which can't be done (some requires 5 people), etc.
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2011-09-10 at 12:09 PM.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, after a few days of wotlk heroics, I'm now nearly done with Glory of the Hero, missing "Share the Love" From Gundrak, which I need a full party to do, "Experienced Drake Rider" from oculus, requiring me to ride all 3 drakes, "Ruby Void", meaning I have to kill the last boss with something other than the Ruby drake, "Lockdown" from VH, requiring me to kill all the bosses (Will take a while to get them all, requires luck), "Brann Spankin' New" (Easy, I just hate that fight too much), and "Make it count", requiring me to clear Oculus in around 20 minutes. (Easy depending on which drake, I failed though).

None of the other achievements were hard, and was actually very, very easy. No bosses I had any issues with either.
    Hi

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eregos in The Oculus can also be soloed, which will grant you all the void achies simultaneously. Spirit beast + common sense.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mea View Post
    Eregos in The Oculus can also be soloed, which will grant you all the void achies simultaneously. Spirit beast + common sense.
    Are you talking normal or heroic difficulty? 'Cause I've tried it on heroic some time ago, and as I recall I drew the conclusion that it was impossible to kill the boss before the whelplings killed me.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be Heroic. It's pretty tight, though.

---------- Post added 2011-09-13 at 08:45 AM ----------

Hm, has anyone attempted mandokir? If instakill mechanics aren't used when soloing, and you used distracting shot cleverly, it could be possible. The only non-aggro, direct-cast abilitity he uses reduces current hp by 50%, which will never kill you.

Nope, that wouldn't work:
    Bloodletting: Causes a ritual of blood on the target, draining 50% of the target's current health every 2 sec. Bloodlord Mandokir is healed for a percent of the damage dealt. A minimum of 7500 health will be leeched.

Great list, something I have been looking for.

Been thinking of returning to WoW after a lengthy time away. Was thinking of rolling a hunter and soloing as much as I could. I do have a question though, Up to what point could a hunter solo in 5mac normal Cata gear? 5 man Heroic?

Thanks for the insite.

I've been one shotting Karazhan chess-event now two weeks in a row. Don't know if it's RNG or what, but it seems that enemy king always starts to move towards my king, after I have moved few grunts and healer, so my king will have more room to move away from flames.. And when enemy king is literally face to face with mine, it's easy to lure it to Mediv's Cheat (enemies will also take damage from it).