[Engineering] Is there a way to unenchant my gear?

Now that this profession has been utterly ruined, is there any way to take the self-killing enchants off my gear so that I stop constantly killing myself? If not, is it possible a GM will do it for me if I submit a ticket? Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop using the enchants?

As #2 just said, stop using them lol. Remove it from any macro/bar/etc you have.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Quote Originally Posted by baelon View Post
    ...is it possible a GM will do it for me if I submit a ticket?
    Why don't you try?

1) There is still plenty in Engineering that is valuable and worthwhile, including but not limited to: The ability to gather volatile air, jeeves, teleporters, portable mailboxes, and a rather nice handenchant.

2) You aren't obligated to use a tinker just because it exists. Just stop using it if you don't want to risk a malfunction.

3) As far as I'm aware, there is no way to remove enchantments from gear. Please don't waste a GM's time by asking, there is literally no need to do so; the belt tinker doesn't replace a standard enchant, so you lose nothing by having it on your belt, even if you never use it.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Please don't waste a GM's time
    But it's cool when Blizz wastes mine by wrecking a prof I've had for years and for which I have every recipe in the game...

But it's cool when Blizz wastes mine by wrecking a prof I've had for years and for which I have every recipe in the game...
    So you get NO benefit besides these "self-killing" tinkers from engineering? gg

10+ Year Old Account
    GIEF ammo back! those where good times making money with engineering ;p Or making the purple helmet and DE into a crystal pre 4.2

OT: If u unlearn engineering doesnt the tinker go off ur gear? No clue just an idea.

Only one way to respond to something like this really...

QQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering is in a shitty spot. No idea why they had to even put those malfunctions in for regular use items. That said, do not use them where malfunctions will matter.

It simply being on your belt will never kill you though. You must activate it. Personally, I just accept the risk.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering is completely balanced and equivalent (actually arguably slightly better than) every other profession out there. The reason they made the nitro boots have a failure rate is that they were SO powerfully good that, in ICC, min/maxxers pretty much required everyone to have Engineering as one of their professions, since it was better than any other.

If you're going to rage because it's not the best profession any more, and is only just as good as the others, then you're going to look ridiculous.

Deleted
    Replace your belt tinker with one of the ones without a backlash, if it upsets you that much when you misclick?[/I]

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not cool, but engineering has never been one of the best professions. It has always been just a gimmick with a few cool toys. Sadly, it has pretty much gone downhill since vanilla because everything becomes obsolete.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Engineering is completely balanced and equivalent (actually arguably slightly better than) every other profession out there. The reason they made the nitro boots have a failure rate is that they were SO powerfully good that, in ICC, min/maxxers pretty much required everyone to have Engineering as one of their professions, since it was better than any other.

If you're going to rage because it's not the best profession any more, and is only just as good as the others, then you're going to look ridiculous.
    Compared to other profs, what fun / useful stuff does it have now? And while I'm pretty much an AH MacGuyver, most other engies have trouble making gold. So basically you get the standard stat boost that every other prof provides, and other than that you can go screw yourself. And all because it was too powerful in duelrenas, the worst, dumbest aspect of the game which is entirely unimportant to anyone with a brain and/or who matters.

I do not see how that is "raging" that eng is "no longer the best" (it never was).

Believe me, if doing the normal in-game things you always do suddenly resulted in you dying most times, you'd be upset too.

ps - It's additionally -very- expensive and time-consuming to level vs. most other profs. I just powerleveled inscrip and it took about 2k, 2 hours, and in the few days since I've made that whole 2k back off the glyphs + more. Everything you make gives you 3 skillups with inscrip. There's no comparison.
    Last edited by baelon; 2011-08-20 at 07:50 PM.

you get waaaay more benefits as an engineer than any other class for funs.

repair bots,tinkers,mounts,pets, mailbox

tailoring i get is same mount 4 times over and 1 pet

and quit your QQ how its dumb it wasnt just too powerful in PVP it was too powerful in PVE
    what other classes gained bonuses like rocket boots with NO FAILURE RATES at the time

NONE hell the failure rate now is pretty low as it is.
    you get a mini nerf and you still have more stuff than ANY OTHER PROFESSION

go kid yourself somewhere else

like i said you get
    armor,pets,helm,tinker,weapon enchants, cooking BBQ,mounts,mailbox, repair bots

compare that with the rest

hell you even get mindcontrol and teleporters
    and you say every other proffession wasnt a grind to level. all you need is pure mining mats for engineering

try farming all the cloth and other items yours are all bundled.
    you also get a helm which is pretty sweet in firelands content seeing how you cna always make it BiS

also making mechanohogs and selling them for like 4-6k over the making price is good also.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    But engineering is really meh ATM however you slice it, maybe the numbers work out, but the "cool and fun gadgets" are non-existent in Cataclysm, the cool stuff that still works (Jeeves, parachute, mailbox, teleporters), are all from Wrath or before, i have hardly crafted anything engineering once my goggles were done, maybe a few seaforiums, don't remember...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    But engineering is really meh ATM however you slice it, maybe the numbers work out, but the "cool and fun gadgets" are non-existent in Cataclysm, the cool stuff that still works (Jeeves, parachute, mailbox, teleporters), are all from Wrath or before, i have hardly crafted anything engineering once my goggles were done, maybe a few seaforiums, don't remember...

yeh but no one else in cata got anything for there profession either.

how unfair would it be if you got even more stuff when the rest get nothing

i see engineers complain about this everyday its just so Greedy.
    i lvled engineering took me around 4 hours with mats
    the reason its so expensive is because it require mats from mining
    the same reason why JC and Blacksmithing cost so much to level too.

i love my engineering and believe what we get is fair enough compared to others

10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to other profs, what fun / useful stuff does it have now? And while I'm pretty much an AH MacGuyver, most other engies have trouble making gold. So basically you get the standard stat boost that every other prof provides, and other than that you can go screw yourself. And all because it was too powerful in duelrenas, the worst, dumbest aspect of the game which is entirely unimportant to anyone with a brain and/or who matters.
    I've never had issues with making gold; the new gun sells fairly well (just under 10k on my server), and the pets have always sold for significantly more than the mats investment. It's no Jewelcrafting or Enchanting in that respect, but it's by no means BAD.

And like you said; you get the same stat boost everyone else gets. THAT is what the professions are balanced around.

Beyond that, there's tons of useful features. Portable mailbox, Jeeves, wormhole generator and teleports, I use each of those at least once a week, usually more. Plus there's fun little toys like the gnomish gravity well. If you can't find anything fun or useful about engineering, you're not really looking, since there are a LOT of little advantages.

In PvP and PvE, it's exactly as good as any other.

I do not see how that is "raging" that eng is "no longer the best" (it never was).
    In ICC, the endgame hardcore raids typically required everyone to be an Engineer, because the fail-proof nitro boots were significantly better than the advantage given by any other profession. So yes, it was at one point the best profession available.

And you're using a lot of really weighted language, so I qualify that as "raging". I'm assuming you're being emotional, because the alternative is that you're just exaggerating for no good reason.

Believe me, if doing the normal in-game things you always do suddenly resulted in you dying most times, you'd be upset too.
    The issue is that you consider the belt tinkers to be "normal" things. They're an additional benefit above and beyond the Synapse Springs, which balance Engineering with every other profession.

So either you want Engineering to be hugely more powerful than any other profession, or you think every other profession needs new benefits added to it that are the equivalent of the nitro boosts. It's one or the other.

ps - It's additionally -very- expensive and time-consuming to level vs. most other profs. I just powerleveled inscrip and it took about 2k, 2 hours, and in the few days since I've made that whole 2k back off the glyphs + more. Everything you make gives you 3 skillups with inscrip. There's no comparison.
    Inscription's unusually easy to level. You can use any of the cheapest of several herbs. When you compare Engineering to Blacksmithing or Leatherworking (in the absence of farming the mats yourself, of course) it's very much on par to much cheaper.